6.7 Twin Turbo Setup

Dan

Reaction score
So it begins!! lol. Curious your not worried about heat melting that plastic on the bed rail?

Naw not at all, it's going to be heat wrapped and I don't think it's going to be that hot back there.. I mean how hot can your egts get with a gtx42/55 twin setup? Hahaha

And if it does melt, well so be it, it's not like this truck is a show truck... It still gets used as a truck!

Dan

Reaction score
ill just leave this here!

IMG_3965.jpg

IMG_3932.jpg

IMG_3923.jpg

IMG_3416.JPG

IMG_3414.JPG

Wayne

Reaction score
I am NOT insinuating anything by this, but it's funny how many similarities there are between the elite and mpd pedestal kits. Duramax style base plates/ mounts, etc. just naturally seem to work well there. I also like the fact that the intake pipe flanges are CNC cut rather than a chunk of steel made with a cutting torch like I've seen before. The parts look great Dan. I bet it'll run amazingly.

RedRice589

Reaction score
I have been reading a lot because I love my 6.7 and they are really very similar platform as the 6.6 I want a single kit now!!

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Looks good Dan, I can't wait to see it finished. I agree with Wayne, some parts look very similar to elites.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
And it can go both ways, but there is no need to muck up a thread, We've been over this.

MorganY

Reaction score
all i know is its better then running pipes over and up along the top of the firewall!!!

$75000 because its a canadian truck! hahaha

Cannot even fathom 75 thousand yet lol. Best of luck on this build, keep at it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Wayne

Reaction score
Looks good Dan, I can't wait to see it finished. I agree with Wayne, some parts look very similar to elites.

And it can go both ways, but there is no need to muck up a thread, We've been over this.

I agree with both of you. While they have many similarities, I doubt either company knew of the other's plans. It's just a logical move to adapt that turbo style to the 6.7 considering manifold outlet locations, compartment size, etc., etc. Just think... the duramax guys have already tested, and proven what works and what doesn't on a "similar" << I use that term loosely, engine as far as which aftermarket turbos work best at each power level and component configuration.

I also highly doubt either company's stuff interchanges with the others as pedestal height and location depth from front to back, as well as left to right are critical for pipe fitment in all regards, and all of those measurements have at least a little space to work with.

My two points were 1; Good job mpd on nice looking, well though out components, and 2; I find it interesting how many similarities there are between each company's product despite my being convinced that both companies had no idea what either were doing at time of development. This is not a copy-cat call-out.

Oh, yeah... I suppose there is a 3rd point I want to make in that I'm really excited to see this thing be able to boil a set of tires into oblivion without huge clouds of smoke. I have high hopes for what this, and other similar builds will mean for the power stroke community. I'm a big fan of big power that can be used in a daily driver setup. The track is cool, but certainly not for everybody, so maybe that's a big reason for me to love what's being built.

Dan

Reaction score
I agree with both of you. While they have many similarities, I doubt either company knew of the other's plans. It's just a logical move to adapt that turbo style to the 6.7 considering manifold outlet locations, compartment size, etc., etc. Just think... the duramax guys have already tested, and proven what works and what doesn't on a "similar" << I use that term loosely, engine as far as which aftermarket turbos work best at each power level and component configuration.

I also highly doubt either company's stuff interchanges with the others as pedestal height and location depth from front to back, as well as left to right are critical for pipe fitment in all regards, and all of those measurements have at least a little space to work with.

My two points were 1; Good job mpd on nice looking, well though out components, and 2; I find it interesting how many similarities there are between each company's product despite my being convinced that both companies had no idea what either were doing at time of development. This is not a copy-cat call-out.

Oh, yeah... I suppose there is a 3rd point I want to make in that I'm really excited to see this thing be able to boil a set of tires into oblivion without huge clouds of smoke. I have high hopes for what this, and other similar builds will mean for the power stroke community. I'm a big fan of big power that can be used in a daily driver setup. The track is cool, but certainly not for everybody, so maybe that's a big reason for me to love what's being built.

I just want to say, I'm way more impressed with the design that MPD and elite have, it's simple and I love simplicity! Short, to the point up pipes rather than long pipes that tour all over the engine bay before making their way into the turbo!! Haha both elite and MPD are doing a fine job here and that's why I choose to have both company's under the hood of this thing!

I agree with Wayne, my goal, through live tuning with H&S is to have this thing as clean as possible! Billowing smoke is ruining everything for everyone!

How about an $83,000 F350?
How does that make you feel? LOL

Yeah mines only a lariat... Those platnums in Alberta are probably worth a fortune! Unreal! Hahaha

Hey if it doesn't work out I have two brand new take off beds for sale for the 6.7.

Thanks!! I'll keep that in mind! I think I'm going to love it though!

Dan

Reaction score
I'm taking absolutely no credit for the exhaust that's going on my truck as it was Custom Autos design and idea but I can't help but compare it to the trucks at work! Looks somewhat similar! Hahaha

Does my ford f-teen thousand want to be a heavy hauler? YEP!

image.jpg

Latest posts

Members online