6.7 Twin Turbo Setup

Lysons

Reaction score
I just want to say, I'm way more impressed with the design that MPD and elite have, it's simple and I love simplicity! Short, to the point up pipes rather than long pipes that tour all over the engine bay before making their way into the turbo!! Haha both elite and MPD are doing a fine job here and that's why I choose to have both company's under the hood of this thing!

I agree with Wayne, my goal, through live tuning with H&S is to have this thing as clean as possible! Billowing smoke is ruining everything for everyone!

Yeah mines only a lariat... Those platnums in Alberta are probably worth a fortune! Unreal! Hahaha

Thanks!! I'll keep that in mind! I think I'm going to love it though!

It makes me put in those extra two hours a night at the library lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Thing is, it isn't even a platinum.
Just a full load CCSB 2012 Lariat.
Every option possible on it, except for being a dually.
But dad wanted the best.
And then there's me, happy with my old clunky 7.3.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Thing is, it isn't even a platinum.
Just a full load CCSB 2012 Lariat.
Every option possible on it, except for being a dually.
But dad wanted the best.
And then there's me, happy with my old clunky 7.3.

sticker was 83000 ? please post. i have every option the lariat ultimare came with... and it was 20k less.

Dan

Reaction score
Even still!!! $83000 CAD = $79,680 USD

Stuff is so expensive up here! For me to buy a 6.7 long block from the local dealer would run $15500 CAD, to get one in Idaho runs $7-8000 USD...

Typical! HAHAHAHA

Jesse_01

Reaction score
Doubt dan would pay a full sticker price of 83. More likely 69ish. No one pays sticker price.
Than you have to remember he works in fort mac. So he easily makes 130k/yr plus.

If you brake it down like that its not to bad.

But yes stuff is always more $$$ up here in canada.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

TRUBBS

Reaction score
I agree with both of you. While they have many similarities, I doubt either company knew of the other's plans. It's just a logical move to adapt that turbo style to the 6.7 considering manifold outlet locations, compartment size, etc., etc. Just think... the duramax guys have already tested, and proven what works and what doesn't on a "similar" << I use that term loosely, engine as far as which aftermarket turbos work best at each power level and component configuration.

I also highly doubt either company's stuff interchanges with the others as pedestal height and location depth from front to back, as well as left to right are critical for pipe fitment in all regards, and all of those measurements have at least a little space to work with.

My two points were 1; Good job mpd on nice looking, well though out components, and 2; I find it interesting how many similarities there are between each company's product despite my being convinced that both companies had no idea what either were doing at time of development. This is not a copy-cat call-out.

Oh, yeah... I suppose there is a 3rd point I want to make in that I'm really excited to see this thing be able to boil a set of tires into oblivion without huge clouds of smoke. I have high hopes for what this, and other similar builds will mean for the power stroke community. I'm a big fan of big power that can be used in a daily driver setup. The track is cool, but certainly not for everybody, so maybe that's a big reason for me to love what's being built.

Awsome Post In So Many Ways! :rockon:

Dan

Reaction score
Doubt dan would pay a full sticker price of 83. More likely 69ish. No one pays sticker price.
Than you have to remember he works in fort mac. So he easily makes 130k/yr plus.

If you brake it down like that its not to bad.

But yes stuff is always more $$$ up here in canada.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

My sticker price was only 75&change.. Paid 69 plus taxes: 75

Anyways.. I'd like some input.. I have been considering a blow off valve... I dunno if it's nessicary or the biggest waste of money? Can someone give me some opinions? Please

Dan

Reaction score
Jgs. You will like it.

Ok so I read up about that jgs BOV and am totally sold in it compared to the bd one... So thanks guys for letting me know about that one!

I only knew about the bd one and well, I would hate to have anything nd in a truck of mine ever!

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
turbo smart also makes a diesel BOV kit. Its cheaper than the BD one. But still the same design, they seem to last longer without sticking though.

Spindrift

Reaction score
All I know is the exhaust is right up my alley, it's not a good stack, everyone has those! It's not a stack in the box, everyone has those! It's different and that's why I like it! :)

Shoot...then I should sell you the snorkel off my '04.

Dan

Reaction score
this is a test...

1377372_569609276443603_2057301439_n_zps8ad8dd45.jpg

Latest posts

Members online