7.3 cut out while driving won't restart

2000wa250

Reaction score
Does the res stay full over night or no

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

mustube

Reaction score
Yes, the reservoir stays full.

I just put new injectors in the truck in January, and ICP has been okay, so I'm hoping there are no leaking injector o rings. This happened very suddenly as well.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mustube

Reaction score
Never saw the light come on but I pulled codes anyways. Codes for CPS, low and no ICP, and ebp. EBP valve and AIH are deleted.
pu6e2yme.jpg

mustube

Reaction score
P0475 always pops up. The others don't. I haven't pulled the chip yet, I will though after seeing all these codes.

mustube

Reaction score
I'm also going to take a closer look at the wiring harness on the drivers side valve cover.

mustube

Reaction score
That's what I'm going to try today after I try taking the chip out. Would a bad CPS mess with the ICP readings though?

ToMang07

Reaction score
That's what I'm going to try today after I try taking the chip out. Would a bad CPS mess with the ICP readings though?

I wouldn't think so, but if you're getting a code, I'd replace it with a OEM one and see whats up.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yea, you either have a cps that pooped or an injector is frikkin puking hpo (youd be surprised how fast icp will tank and kill the truck when this happens. Especially once the oil gets hot.) Barring the hpop is garbage of course.

2000wa250

Reaction score
X2 on the possibility of injector o ring. Even a seemingly small knick in the upper oil o ring, or if its broken just at the gap in the steel, will puke oil like none other. ****, I've seen only one injector that was bleeding oil cause the whole truck not to run...

mustube

Reaction score
What's the easiest way to plug one side of the hpop? If a CPS doesn't fix it then I'll plug one side at a time. If it doesn't start with one side or the other blocked off then it almost has to be the hpop right?

TyCorr

Reaction score
What's the easiest way to plug one side of the hpop? If a CPS doesn't fix it then I'll plug one side at a time. If it doesn't start with one side or the other blocked off then it almost has to be the hpop right?

Get a plug that will screw in where the fitting is.

mustube

Reaction score
A buddy I work with had a bunch of block off fittings for the hpop hoses. I have a block off for the disconnect, a 5k psi gauge with a disconnect and an air hose attachment. New CPS is installed just waiting on the batteries to charge to see what it does.

TyCorr

Reaction score
X2 on the possibility of injector o ring. Even a seemingly small knick in the upper oil o ring, or if its broken just at the gap in the steel, will puke oil like none other. ****, I've seen only one injector that was bleeding oil cause the whole truck not to run...

Ive seen it. My stock injectors had chunks of srp1.1 in them. Buuut two of them on the pass side had big chunks and the oil side was rendered useless. Truck would NOT always start. It would occasionally start and run ok. Others it would start but die once the oil got warm. It seemed like ten different issues but I already knew what was going on.

It would develop a miss at low rpm tip in with the converter locked.

TyCorr

Reaction score
A buddy I work with had a bunch of block off fittings for the hpop hoses. I have a block off for the disconnect, a 5k psi gauge with a disconnect and an air hose attachment. New CPS is installed just waiting on the batteries to charge to see what it does.

Thats kind of how the one I used worked. But it had an icp sensor plumbed into it. You pulled the truck's out, installed the fitting end of the tester hose into the icp port on the oil rail and then plug the sensor into the fitting on the test hose. Plug the opposite pump outlet and crank it. You ll get what the pump is building, if it starts leaking down right away you'll know which head has bad injectors.

mustube

Reaction score
I put a new CPS in it and I'm trying to get the batteries charged with my slow ass trickle charger and its taking forever. Hpop reservoir is empty today. Definitely a hpo issue. I'll do some more diagnostics if I ever get these batteries recharged.

Latest posts

Members online