Alradco Intercooler review!

GotStroke

Reaction score
I would greatly recommend the Alradco intercooler to anyone considering one. Great price, made in the usa and this intercooler keeps surprising me, not that I didn't expect a good product but my EGTs while towing are crazy low too. I've got to get in it pretty good to break 800 only time I've seen 1000+ was when I had my 42' x13'x9' 18K gross toy hauler pulling a +4% grade and I let it shift into OD accelerating up the hill from a stop. But as soon as I got it to downshift it dropped to 780 quick. I was also concerend that the coolant and oil temps might go up with the addition of the intercooler but there has been no noticeable increase in coolant or oil temperature.
The Alradco intetcooler has surpassed my expectations and I couldn't be happier with the results.

B585Ford

Reaction score
I would greatly recommend the Alradco intercooler to anyone considering one. Great price, made in the usa and this intercooler keeps surprising me, not that I didn't expect a good product but my EGTs while towing are crazy low too. I've got to get in it pretty good to break 800 only time I've seen 1000+ was when I had my 42' x13'x9' 18K gross toy hauler pulling a +4% grade and I let it shift into OD accelerating up the hill from a stop. But as soon as I got it to downshift it dropped to 780 quick. I was also concerend that the coolant and oil temps might go up with the addition of the intercooler but there has been no noticeable increase in coolant or oil temperature.
The Alradco intetcooler has surpassed my expectations and I couldn't be happier with the results.

That's awesome to hear. I have been routing for them (Alradco) to do well....its nice to see a company that builds in the US do well.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
That's awesome to hear. I have been routing for them (Alradco) to do well....its nice to see a company that builds in the US do well.

:whs: And I can't wait for mine to show up! It really makes me feel good about preordering one. It will be nice being able to display that beautiful piece of aluminum art work in the front of all the other coolers. I kinda feel bad that you can't see the Alradco radiator I have in there now!

CT9AIX

Reaction score
Preordered mine as well and posts like this make me feel good about that decision. Like said before, the best parts is... Made in the US of A!!!

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Has any of the big boost guys had a chance to get ahold of one of these yet? I would like to see the results with some big chargers and fuel with this inter cooler.

Sent from my iPhone
-Jerry Bruley-

RSK

Reaction score
Has any of the big boost guys had a chance to get ahold of one of these yet? I would like to see the results with some big chargers and fuel with this inter cooler.

Sent from my iPhone
-Jerry Bruley-

I'm not 100% sure on this theory, but I wanna say the bigger your setup the more an aftermarket intercooler will help.

Erikclaw

Reaction score

Sent from my iPhone
-Jerry Bruley-

what is a big boost guy? :eek:

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
what is a big boost guy? :eek:

I should reword that I guess. Someone with High Powers and beyond is what I am getting at with at least 30% nozzles. Or someone with say a single 475 with some larger nozzles.

Sent from my iPhone
-Jerry Bruley-

alradco

Reaction score
Jerry it sounds like you're our Huckleberry! :) These will be out in a few weeks so I'm sure more data will come in from the various trucks they're going on. Would Ryan's truck be considered big boost?

Peter

BTW, last call. Pre-sale special ends tonight.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I should reword that I guess. Someone with High Powers and beyond is what I am getting at with at least 30% nozzles. Or someone with say a single 475 with some larger nozzles.

Sent from my iPhone
-Jerry Bruley-

LOL I know, just giving you chit

Like a fat kid loves cake

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Jerry it sounds like you're our Huckleberry! :) These will be out in a few weeks so I'm sure more data will come in from the various trucks they're going on. Would Ryan's truck be considered big boost?

Peter

BTW, last call. Pre-sale special ends tonight.

I would without a doubt call Ryan's truck a great candidate for good test results.

Sent from my iPhone
-Jerry Bruley-

alradco

Reaction score
Quite a few of you guys are going to get phone calls from us next week as your intercoolers get done. Both of these trucks have our Alradco 6.4 radiator and intercooler.

33nhkzn.jpg

alradco

Reaction score
Very nice pieces! What are the dims of the core?

Thanks!

Pictures don't do these intercoolers justice, they are awesome. We really hit it out of the park with this one. Thanks!
Core is roughly 25x22x3.

This truck is pulling cross country from CA to TN, has our Alradco 6.4 radiator and intercooler, No Limit goodies, and a couple other things I think. I got a text update on the trip, "The intercooler is bad ass". Hopefully we'll get some updates when they arrive at the Riff Raff event.

2s7cimv.jpg