Alradco Intercooler review!

buck russell

Reaction score
Pictures don't do these intercoolers justice, they are awesome. We really hit it out of the park with this one. Thanks!
Core is roughly 25x22x3.

Yeah, I really like the fact that your core has a thickness of 3" as opposed to many of your competitors who have their cores in the 2.5-2.75 region.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
any problems with engine temps after the install of this? that bigger core seems like it would cut down on airflow to the engine bay and throughout the cooler.

good for the intercooler, but not so good for coolant, oil, etc.

alradco

Reaction score
Uh oh my phone just rang! :lookaround:

Just got a phone call. Cant wait till have it on the truck

Got my phone call too! :thumbsup:

Thanks guys!

Thanks Peter, cant wait. I should've picked up that unknown # last week that called, lol!

If that's your truck in your avatar I'm going to have to send you one of our our ladies' alradco shirts so you can take a new pic with the new IC. Here's what they look like if you want one

amfkmh.jpg

We have men's shirts too if any of you guys want one. Just message or call me.

alradco

Reaction score
any problems with engine temps after the install of this? that bigger core seems like it would cut down on airflow to the engine bay and throughout the cooler.

There's more to it than just thickness, design plays an important role. Since I pull a 40ft toyhauler myself this is something that's very important to me.

The temps were addressed above. Here's what was posted.

Just to chime in. Before I had the intercooler in I would see anywhere from 203-207 oil temp at highways speeds at 1900-2200 ish RPMS 68-72 MPH and coolant would be 195-199 unloaded. And to be honest I did not notice a difference between before and after. The EGTs were between 110 and 180 cooler but the oil and coolant temp I did not notice a jump in temps if any maybe 1-2 but that could have been foot related from testing the EGT drop. It might when pulling a long long hard grade but I haven't run into any noticeable temperature increases yet since the install.

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
Thanks guys!

If that's your truck in your avatar I'm going to have to send you one of our our ladies' alradco shirts so you can take a new pic with the new IC. Here's what they look like if you want one

amfkmh.jpg

We have men's shirts too if any of you guys want one. Just message or call me.

That wouldn't be a problem, wifey's good for posing & a few tools she can find on her own.. Send her one in (M) and I'll make sure the pics right b/c that is her azz hangin on that front end ;). (1)XL would be nice for me if that not to hard to ask also & I'll stay outta of the pic!

tbsimmons

Reaction score

With the bar and plate intercooler they will bring the EGT and EOT up. They remove more heat. I don't care what is posted my truck did even after changing thermostats and coolant flush. Now flat ground not much but working the truck yes. Over a long 7% Thursday my truck was sitting between 223 and 228 ECT and 235 and 238 EOT the entire pull. Over the hill they came back down. Flats I can be running 195 and 203 for a comparison. It was in the high 80's. Now for the areas that have humidity they might come up as much it is very dry here. Yes the EGTs are lower though while pulling. Unloaded I can't really tell.
I offered to test back to back the radiator in that thread but never got a response to see if they would come back down to what they were before. The fan did not come on too often before the intercooler stayed below that magical 225.

Sent from the bat phone near a drilling rig.