BD Diesel 6.4 Tap Shifter?

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I was going to say mine doesn't do that. In fact if you leave it in 3rd gear long enough it will lock the torque converter but not shift until you tell it to. Try the race setting ( position 6 ).

tbsimmons

Reaction score
My TC locks at 35 MPH normally. I will give mode 6 a try.
I am saying that when you are in 5th and roll on the throttle hard (Up 5+% grade grossing 28000 range) my truck downshifted to 4th. Then it would hold 4th till I shifted to 5th. This was the one of the reasons I wanted the manual mode so I could lock out the downshift. The truck can pretty much grunt over many hills without downshifting.

I will add this to the next call to BD. They are looking into my problem with the Edge Insight. It is like some of the sensors go nuts every 4-5 seconds. Trans, boost, etc.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Talked with BD.
1. The Tapshifter has a conflict with Edge products, I guess I shoul read everything before bitching. They dont know what, how, etc. Edge has been sent a product and it is their court. Tech would not let me talk with the Electrical Engineer, I guess Electrical Engineer to Mechanical Engineer is not allowed.
2. Downshifts will occur even in manual mode. Safeties are built in for the complete idiots so they dont blow the trucks up. Same with the upshifts. I asked about programming being changed for the ones that want full manual and was told that it would depend on the requests for it.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
I have not tested the up shifts. I was just asking about the downshifts. Like to hold 5th towing if possible and then 4th when down a grade. When 3rd hits the RPM is well above my liking.

Sent from the bat phone near a drilling rig.

sootie

Reaction score
has anyone run this with a mini maxx and does it do funky sh!t like it does with edge products?

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Mini's, dashdaq's, sct's, bully dog's, all run fine with these. It's only the edge CTS' and CS they're having issues with. Even my insight freaked out and so did the shifter when the insight was plugged in. From what i'm being told it's being worked on, but there is no eta .

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Tried the Livewire, will not communicate when the Tapshifter is hooked up. Will read codes but will not read the sensors. Works fine when you unplug the tapshifter.
Called BD they are looking into it.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Tried the Livewire, will not communicate when the Tapshifter is hooked up. Will read codes but will not read the sensors. Works fine when you unplug the tapshifter.
Called BD they are looking into it.

Are you running the old style livewire or the TS?

Reaction score
just installed the tap shifter on my truck and upon the initial start up it wouldn't start. All I could hear when turning the key was a click. with help from (powerstroked08) he had me go into the diagnostics on my mini maxx and erase all the DTC's. There were several DTC's but the 2 that popped up after the tap shifter installation was an exhaust gas regulator flow or something like that and also there was a communication error. Everytime I start the truck I have to erase these codes or else the truck won't start. Going down the road the truck runs funny. The fan is almost always on it reaches 1000+ egt's very quickly and abnormal turbo sounds. Also when I go to delta the codes my mini maxx sometimes work and sometimes doesnt. Has anyone had any of these issues?? Could wiring be hooked up wrong or something??
Thanks guys,
Troy

Latest posts

Members online