BD Diesel 6.4 Tap Shifter?

Codyj

Reaction score
I got the first one on the market installed in my truck last week. BD still has my truck for some upgrades so I haven't been able to test it myself. I know originally it didn't work on a dyno and the R&D guys had to re write some stuff. But they told me it working great now. It has multiple settings inside the control box for street, racing, etc.

2wd-fire

Reaction score
My question is how fast it responds? But excited non the less hopefully it's good so I can buy one

Sent from my iPhone using Ta

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I got the first one on the market installed in my truck last week. BD still has my truck for some upgrades so I haven't been able to test it myself. I know originally it didn't work on a dyno and the R&D guys had to re write some stuff. But they told me it working great now. It has multiple settings inside the control box for street, racing, etc.

Put some videos up of it shifting through the gears etc.

pog

Reaction score
I think bd made an error on map pricing. Maybe get it cheap while you can

BBottoms

Reaction score
The kit for 03-05 Duramax is also $315. They posted up on PSN and accidentally linked to the Duramax kit on Amazon: http://www.powerstrokenation.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4764697

Don't think the $315 price will last long.

So I have Gearhead tunes via SCT and use an Edge CTS for monitoring. It's not real clear whether it will all work together or not. Sounds like the SCT based tunes are good but the CTS may still be up in the air. Also saw this note on XDP Diesel's site:

Note: When in TapShifter mode, the BD module will override the transmission controller shift strategy so any aftermarket trans tuning will not be active with the Tap Shifter enabled.

That worries me a little too knowing how long these transmissions last with crappy tuning. I'd love to jump on the early cheaper (mistake) price as it sounds like a potentially awesome set up but I'm going to wait and see how these play out.