BD Diesel 6.4 Tap Shifter?

TD-5

Reaction score
Note: When in TapShifter mode, the BD module will override the transmission controller shift strategy so any aftermarket trans tuning will not be active with the Tap Shifter enabled.

That's interesting, I don't see that printed anywhere in their manual? Wonder where XDP got that from?

From the looks of these two statements in the manual, It could also be a bit of a pain when changing tunes:

Disconnect the Tap Shifter OBD connector when flash programming the vehicle ECM or TCM.

Unscrew the OBD connector from the bottom of the dash by removing the two 7mm screws. Connect the OBD connector from the BD harness inline and reaffix the BD connector to the bottom of the dash. Secure wire using zip ties.

Also, They now have the "price check" for this listed on their web site, $525 USD, $650CAD

Attachments

• (I-00346)_-_1031370_Ford_Tap_Shifter2.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 170
Last edited:

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Note: When in TapShifter mode, the BD module will override the transmission controller shift strategy so any aftermarket trans tuning will not be active with the Tap Shifter enabled.

That's interesting, I don't see that printed anywhere in their manual? Wonder where XDP got that from?

From the looks of these two statements in the manual, I could also be a bit of a pain when changing tunes:

Disconnect the Tap Shifter OBD connector when flash programming the vehicle ECM or TCM.

Unscrew the OBD connector from the bottom of the dash by removing the two 7mm screws. Connect the OBD connector from the BD harness inline and reaffix the BD connector to the bottom of the dash. Secure wire using zip ties.

I believe that refers to when programming via ids. Once custom tunes are installed, your adjustment on the fly only changes your power setting. So i dont believe this will effect the trans when changing a power setting with hs.

Last edited:

JDub

Reaction score
I'll be installing one next week on an 08 truck, along with their VVT exhaust brake module. Said they have had them ready for a while for SCT and H&S tuned trucks, but trucks with Spartan and Edge were running into electrical interference but it has since been resolved and they will work on just about any truck now...

2wd-fire

Reaction score
The kit for 03-05 Duramax is also $315. They posted up on PSN and accidentally linked to the Duramax kit on Amazon: http://www.powerstrokenation.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4764697

Don't think the $315 price will last long.

So I have Gearhead tunes via SCT and use an Edge CTS for monitoring. It's not real clear whether it will all work together or not. Sounds like the SCT based tunes are good but the CTS may still be up in the air. Also saw this note on XDP Diesel's site:

That worries me a little too knowing how long these transmissions last with crappy tuning. I'd love to jump on the early cheaper (mistake) price as it sounds like a potentially awesome set up but I'm going to wait and see how these play out.

If you think about it. It would have to override your tunning cause your changing shift points and lockup I highly doubt there promagaming alters the shift firmness all there telling the Tcm is when to shift not how

Sent from my iPhone using Ta

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Yep...I'm out too for that price. Kinda pisses me off they jacked with the price. BD is a established company, you cant tell me they don't know what they are doing.

I don't think it was anything to do do with BD, I think some distributors had bad info unfortunately for them. From the looks of it BD had intended on the 525.00 from the get go.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
We got two of them for the original pricing luckily, the new price does seem a bit steep for what it is....but as long as they prove to be worthwhile I am sure they will sell!

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I have a few on the way. Should have one guy with it in his truck early next week in theory. Also one for corsilli but his POS is broken. Really interested to see how it does in his truck with the setup he has.

LOL if you could get videos/pics that would be excellent. Thanks

JDub

Reaction score
tracking shows mine will be here on wednesday, along with the vvt exhaust brake module. Will be installing it all Friday