BD Diesel 6.4 Tap Shifter?

timj

Reaction score
Anxious to hear how these work out. If there is no shift delay these could be sweet!!!

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Yeah they are not shipping them in order they were received which is odd, but at least for the customers sake they got in before the price change.

Yeah it is really odd. Hopefully they work really well. Seems like most people don't want to shell out $500+ for one. I'm sure if they work well, that will change.

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
Got mine in and installed and to be honest kinda disappointed in it. So far no matter what adjustment I try 1-6 I still can not manually select any gears but 4th and 5th. So say I'm loaded and going down a grade I can only have it hit 5th and 4th gear but not 3rd on down which is kinda the reson I got this. I've been talking to BD so well see what happens

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
Are you talking about how in his tunes you can hit tow haul and it will put you into 4th and then from there manually shift to 3-2-1 or are you referring to something else?

I got mine yesterday.

Thanks again.

But now I'm not sure if I'm going to put it on cause with Matts tunes every gear can be selected.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Got mine in and installed and to be honest kinda disappointed in it. So far no matter what adjustment I try 1-6 I still can not manually select any gears but 4th and 5th. So say I'm loaded and going down a grade I can only have it hit 5th and 4th gear but not 3rd on down which is kinda the reson I got this. I've been talking to BD so well see what happens

There must be some way surely, even in the video of theirs it shows it shifting down from 5th to first. I think however no matter what you tell it to do or what setting you set it to you can not downshift to certain gears until you slow to a acceptable speed. I may be wrong on that as I haven't gotten to play with one yet but that's what I gathered from the info I could see.

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
Mines sitting at the shop and my trans is coming out today to inspect damage from before. Going to install it this weekend

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
They ran out of harnesses apparently so the new batch wont ship until March 4th. Even though we ordered weeks ago and they apparently just ran out of harnesses a few days ago...?

Either way hopefully they prove to be worth the coin!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.