Beans71086's wasn't suppose to be a build thread

one2nine

Reaction score
glad to hear she's coming back together. After the holiday I'm going to be ordering the rest of the stuff for my single. Still need an sct for eric to tune on, my turbo, valve spring tool, and injector lines then the motor part of the build is good to go. Hopefully winter isn't too bad and I can get my build rolling. Once my 71mm is off I'll be sure to let ya know.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
glad to hear she's coming back together. After the holiday I'm going to be ordering the rest of the stuff for my single. Still need an sct for eric to tune on, my turbo, valve spring tool, and injector lines then the motor part of the build is good to go. Hopefully winter isn't too bad and I can get my build rolling. Once my 71mm is off I'll be sure to let ya know.

You doing your valve springs heads on or heads off? If you do them heads off, I can probably hook you up with a tool.

Beans71086

Reaction score
You doing your valve springs heads on or heads off? If you do them heads off, I can probably hook you up with a tool.

If its the tool that's like a C clamp, those are the ****!! We started using an expensive spring compressor from blue point, after it broke, we used the $16 C clamp one that worked 10x better!

Pretty sure he's doing doing studs and gaskets also, so they'll be off.

Yeah I'll be glad to have it back together! Been missing my baby! Definitly let me know on the turbo, I dunno if ill have the money saved up or not, I'll sure try though!

HOOV3R

Reaction score
If its the tool that's like a C clamp, those are the ****!! We started using an expensive spring compressor from blue point, after it broke, we used the $16 C clamp one that worked 10x better!

Yeah I'll be glad to have it back together! Been missing my baby! Definitly let me know on the turbo, I dunno if ill have the money saved up or not, I'll sure try though!

It's the big clamp style, but its pneumatic.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
the red 6.4s like pistons. LOL :redspotdance: y'all hurry, I may have mine done before your can comes back down :swordfight: LOL JK

Sent looking at my blown up 6.4

one2nine

Reaction score

I may have to take you up on that. I'll be doing them heads on. From talking to a few of the guys who did head on valve springs the swamps diesel 6.4 tool works the best but I may borrow yours as a back up. Appreciate the offer.

I'll let ya know for sure when it comes off. Parts wise all I need is to order my turbo, get injector lines, spring compressor tool from swamps, an sct for eric to tune on.... and winter to be over. Once I can safely have my truck down and not worry about the snow I'll be build ready for the motor.

pennsylvaniaboy

Reaction score
I say this today.....the fuel system is looking beasty....maybe Kelly will post pics, if he can find his phone...

Beans71086

Reaction score
the red 6.4s like pistons. LOL :redspotdance: y'all hurry, I may have mine done before your can comes back down :swordfight: LOL JK

Sent looking at my blown up 6.4

Lol you might! I forgot the check valve for the return in Maryland. :doh: So we got the motor completely assembled (minus up pipes and dp), lp fuel system mounted and plumbed (minus a few fittings for the return), fuel tank reinstalled, and bed rails for gooseneck plate installed (much easier without the tank in).

Burnout vids needed ASAP!!

New Years resolution!

I say this today.....the fuel system is looking beasty....maybe Kelly will post pics, if he can find his phone...

Ill have to take some, it's all coming together!!

My question to everyone is what's the best way to bleed the fuel system.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
If you can get to the driver side fuel rail fitting leave it loose. When you first start cranking have someone crank until fuel comes.out.or just leave the key on and let the pump run. With a single pump they are always hard to start the first time. If you have away to run your pump while the cab is.off even better

Beans71086

Reaction score
If you can get to the driver side fuel rail fitting leave it loose. When you first start cranking have someone crank until fuel comes.out.or just leave the key on and let the pump run. With a single pump they are always hard to start the first time. If you have away to run your pump while the cab is.off even better

Are you talking the lp pump or crank the engine to spin the hpfp?
I can leave my run my lpfp before the cab is down.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Are you talking the lp pump or crank the engine to spin the hpfp?
I can leave my run my lpfp before the cab is down.

Either way, cranking is less safe but sometimes the low pressure pump won't bleed enough to get fuel out of there so you don't have a choice.
The schreder valve on the fuel cooler works but it doesn't really bleed the high pressure side.

Latest posts

Members online