Canadian play/drag truck build

devdiesel

Reaction score
Alright guys just thought I'd check in, truck is running great, haven't driven it a ton but I've just turned the key and go.
One thing I did learned recently ... Summit fuel cell foam isn't diesel rated! Came home from a drive last week and fuel pressure was down around 3 psi.. I sh#t... Had a spare filter so I started their, swapped that and pulled the 100micron prefilter apart, it had a good amount of blue junk in it.. Cleaned it, drained the tank, pulled the remaining foam, flush the tank and lines and put it all back together...
Fired it up and right back to 8psi. drove it all day today and ran perfect so I got lucky!

Also I got a new tune from Matt, Trans didn't like the 3-5 once in while, shifts and locks a bit sooner now, looks like he nailed it.

devdiesel

Reaction score
Also I bought a second bottle today for backup, a purge kit and bottle heater. Don't plan to spray it to hard ( don't want to pull a Jared and have a compressor wheel say hi with only one gate lol) but I think I've got it setup right to reduce the chance of issues... Also bought a pair of 235/65/17's for the front which I'll put on the factory steel wheels.. Not the most stylish but I'd rather it work well on the track

Soo I've got some wiring to do over the weekend but looks like we're good to go for TS, see everyone down their in a couple days!

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Alright guys just thought I'd check in, truck is running great, haven't driven it a ton but I've just turned the key and go.
One thing I did learned recently ... Summit fuel cell foam isn't diesel rated! Came home from a drive last week and fuel pressure was down around 3 psi.. I sh#t... Had a spare filter so I started their, swapped that and pulled the 100micron prefilter apart, it had a good amount of blue junk in it.. Cleaned it, drained the tank, pulled the remaining foam, flush the tank and lines and put it all back together...
Fired it up and right back to 8psi. drove it all day today and ran perfect so I got lucky!

Also I got a new tune from Matt, Trans didn't like the 3-5 once in while, shifts and locks a bit sooner now, looks like he nailed it.

Glad you got to figure that out first LOL... I'll go pull mine real quick before I forget.

cbf9703

Reaction score
Also I bought a second bottle today for backup, a purge kit and bottle heater. Don't plan to spray it to hard ( don't want to pull a Jared and have a compressor wheel say hi with only one gate lol) but I think I've got it setup right to reduce the chance of issues... Also bought a pair of 235/65/17's for the front which I'll put on the factory steel wheels.. Not the most stylish but I'd rather it work well on the track

Soo I've got some wiring to do over the weekend but looks like we're good to go for TS, see everyone down their in a couple days!

Awesome, can't wait to see it run on Thursday!

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Also what wire do I tap into on the pedal for throttle position? I'm going to run all the nos from WOT

I used the little microswitch with my kit and mounted it to the bottom of my pedal, it clicks on right at wot.

That fuel cell foam sucks, I have a jazz cell with foam in my car and I have to change the pre filter weekly

BilletGarage

Reaction score
Also what wire do I tap into on the pedal for throttle position? I'm going to run all the nos from WOT
I had trouble with TPS activation on my old 6.0 truck. Opted for the tried and true microswitch under the go pedal. Kept it simple and had no issues. Can't wait to see what it does at the track! Give it hell!

0807dp_07_z%2bford_f250_powerstroke_programmer%2bthrottle_switch.jpg

Sent from my Note 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

cbf9703

Reaction score
I had trouble with TPS activation on my old 6.0 truck. Opted for the tried and true microswitch under the go pedal. Kept it simple and had no issues. Can't wait to see what it does at the track! Give it hell!

0807dp_07_z%2bford_f250_powerstroke_programmer%2bthrottle_switch.jpg

I've also seen issues with TPS activation and showing 0 when flat on the floor :doh: I like the keep it simple solution. :D

BilletGarage

Reaction score
You could run the second stage off the horn button or other momentary switch if you wanted. You could wire it with relays in such a way that the second stage will only activate if the first stage off the microswitch is active. That will keep you from accidentally having the second stage spraying when the throttle is less than wide open or when you lift. Just a thought.

Last edited:

devdiesel

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the fancy controller that came with the kit should take care of all that once I spend some time programming it. I plan to run it on a time delay with a wot switch

devdiesel

Reaction score
Well it was a pretty successful day in my books, didnt break any records but I drove the truck to the track, made 8 passes in total and drove it back to the hotel just now, truck ran perfectly... I was able to cut a bunch of 1.90 60' and one 1.80 (has more in it but it pushes through the brakes at the moment.)

all my passes were fuel only today sadly. Morgan was a huge help getting it programmed and ready but I must have wired a relay wrong or crossed a while because the solenoids wouldn't work... So I made 6 passes in the 12.5-12.1 range with a best of 12.121 at 117mph... I'd say this makes sense and is the limit of a drop in 72mm

Don't think we'll have a problem running low to mid 11's once we get the spray figured out but I'm super happy with today

And a BIG shout out to Morgan for killing it today, 10.8 1/4 and over 1000 on the dyno, just awesome

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.