Canadian play/drag truck build

johnp115

Reaction score
Good to hear! I forsure can bet that truck is stout knowing detailed you are wth things. Id have to say it has a lot more left in it though, with the 60's and 72/59. My friend here at MIR in a ccsb with 72/59 and 30's, and not near as extensive motor work/head work as yours, ran a 11.8 @ 112 mph

devdiesel

Reaction score
Oh ya I'm sure theirs a couple tenths on the table but 2wd is still a limitation. A 1.60 60' would put me right their. I'm saying more fuel will just make heat. Once I get the spray online I'm confident I'll be posting up some solid 11s timeslips.... But in the mean time I drove it to the outback steakhouse with a couple guys in the bed like a totally stock truck...

I have a couple vids but can never figure out how to upload them on my phone, when I get in front of a computer I'll load them up

It was enough to beat/ knock out a couple stout firepunk trucks today so I was happy with that lol

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Well it was a pretty successful day in my books, didnt break any records but I drove the truck to the track, made 8 passes in total and drove it back to the hotel just now, truck ran perfectly... I was able to cut a bunch of 1.90 60' and one 1.80 (has more in it but it pushes through the brakes at the moment.)

all my passes were fuel only today sadly. Morgan was a huge help getting it programmed and ready but I must have wired a relay wrong or crossed a while because the solenoids wouldn't work... So I made 6 passes in the 12.5-12.1 range with a best of 12.121 at 117mph... I'd say this makes sense and is the limit of a drop in 72mm

Don't think we'll have a problem running low to mid 11's once we get the spray figured out but I'm super happy with today

And a BIG shout out to Morgan for killing it today, 10.8 1/4 and over 1000 on the dyno, just awesome

congrats dude !!!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Oh ya I'm sure theirs a couple tenths on the table but 2wd is still a limitation. A 1.60 60' would put me right their. I'm saying more fuel will just make heat. Once I get the spray online I'm confident I'll be posting up some solid 11s timeslips.... But in the mean time I drove it to the outback steakhouse with a couple guys in the bed like a totally stock truck...

I have a couple vids but can never figure out how to upload them on my phone, when I get in front of a computer I'll load them up

It was enough to beat/ knock out a couple stout firepunk trucks today so I was happy with that lol

i love that outback !!

devdiesel

Reaction score
Oh and in case anyone's interest what a stock 2015 dually will do in the 1/4... Kyle ran it down the track 4 times yesterday day and it ran 16.1 pretty consistent lol

Faster than I expect full tool box an everything, probably 9500+ lbs

devdiesel

Reaction score
Well it was a good afternoon! Spent some time on the nitrous and figured it all out, both stages work perfect dry firing them. One damn box was checked on the software program that stopped it from firing...

Then the fun part, we wanted some pics for the brewery website... And I'm not one to turn down a burnout lol. 3 gear peel ftw! Truck took it like a champ with zero complaints, the 420's well that's another story, got damn sticky though... Roads a little worse for wear too lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

devdiesel

Reaction score
49cd54b9e730266b10e034aa43b5cbf6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk