cknox121's slow build

08strokin

Reaction score
Went and talked to the machine shop. Crank has a gash in it not sure what from. Rods are bent just a hair, and the portion where it connects to the crank is to far gone. Hopes to have it ready in 2 weeks max

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

A gash where? On one of the journals?

Cknox121

Reaction score
A gash where? On one of the journals?

That and a lobe. He couldn't explain it, said it could possibly have been dirt? I meant to snap a picture. And it was bent. Couldn't see it by eye but the machine don't lie.

all my rockers were together, and nothing was broken or shattered.

Cknox121

Reaction score
So the crank has a gash/ score mark on one of the journals, and it is bent? Thats f**king weird.

What I thought. After I get it back I'm going to take it to another machine shop and see what they say. Same with the rods...

sootie

Reaction score
it doesnt surprise me the rods are bent honestly. the crank however; i would definitely get a second opinion.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
^^ Just what I was thinking. I can understand the rods, I get that but a bent crank? Sh!t how many 900+ horse builds don't have bent cranks! I understand balancing has to help with that but I doubt he was spinning 5K rpms on stock balancing.

Cknox121

Reaction score
it doesnt surprise me the rods are bent honestly. the crank however; i would definitely get a second opinion.

It has me second guessing my self if I should do some rods or not.

If they bent on a stock tuned truck, then how are they going to like a 71/59 combo?

powerstroked08

Reaction score

If they bent on a stock tuned truck, then how are they going to like a 71/59 combo?

If I ever have mine apart I will do rods. Just the piece of mind is worth it really. Once you do rods and pistons your really set if you ever want to add more power.

Cknox121

Reaction score
Yeah I hear ya! I'm on a small budget but one day I will be able to do it!:D

I have no budget lol. I'm scarred to see what the machine shop bill is going to be. Just x amount in the bank that I have had saved up for this. Kinda eating my own words but I told the machine shop I want it done right the first time. If you even think it's worn replace it....guess I should by rods then lol

sootie

Reaction score

tuning plays a major factor. i would not worry about the rods with the 71/59 as your back pressure could potentially be a little lower. i personally wouldnt run anything but gearhead tunes.

low rpm fueling does not help rods survive neither does extreme back pressure

Stroked777

Reaction score
I did my grill the same way, peeled off all the chrome. What a pita but was worth it I. The end. Nice thing about a black truck is that about any black works, I rattle canned mine, from far you can't tell but up close there is a little texture difference, that's about it

Cknox121

Reaction score
tuning plays a major factor. i would not worry about the rods with the 71/59 as your back pressure could potentially be a little lower. i personally wouldnt run anything but gearhead tunes.

low rpm fueling does not help rods survive neither does extreme back pressure

Good to know! I thought torque bent the rods?

Planning on a wastegate down the road.

I did my grill the same way, peeled off all the chrome. What a pita but was worth it I. The end. Nice thing about a black truck is that about any black works, I rattle canned mine, from far you can't tell but up close there is a little texture difference, that's about it

Thanks. I took it completely apart. Whites a little harder to match imo

Stroked777

Reaction score
What kills rods is low end torque. You got all that torque and no Rpms. When you have a tune that will dump as much fuel as possible at any boost range that will create a lot of cylinder pressure and that bends rods

Cknox121

Reaction score
Picked all this sh!t up at Rudy's today
53b21ad34a00cc1e0fcafaef211efa41.jpg

Now I just need a damn motor...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.