cknox121's slow build

Cknox121

Reaction score
It depends on what you are wanting to do with the truck later on down the road. Going with a single 66 will allow you to hang a 82 or 88 out in front of it if you ever wanted to, and going with fixed vane turbos are more reliable. Ask Ryan what he thinks of a 66-88 setup or mpd. A lot more fun then a 59-71.

Goal is a mild hp, fun DD...but that always changes.

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

ThreeFitty

Reaction score
With something that light it won't be much of a problem, but as you go up in wait it's probably going to be harder and harder to get that thing to spool up without really having to get into it. A lot of it will have to do with tuning though

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
What about towing. Heaviest I ever towed was about a 3k boat... In sure the converter plays a huge roll.

Ill let you know on the towing part I tow heavy constantly I just ordered a MW billet 66 kit from midwest. Should arrive on the 20.

Cknox121

Reaction score
Ill let you know on the towing part I tow heavy constantly I just ordered a MW billet 66 kit from midwest. Should arrive on the 20.

are you doing a converter? According to mike @ mpd and from my reading, it makes a world of difference.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
are you doing a converter? According to mike @ mpd and from my reading, it makes a world of difference.

it will, I can get you a dpc loosened up that will make it much nicer.

Cknox121

Reaction score
Truck is alive! Finally got it fired up about 2 weeks ago. Have only put 300 miles on it since. Got to love work!

All went together nicely. Once I finally got the motor back, took me and my dad about a day and a half to get everything back together. Hardest part was aligning the cab since I had moved the frame to pressure wash it. On a scale of 1-10 on difficulty, I would rank this about a 7. I was fortunate to have a 2 post lift and a full tool box. As far as cost for the amount of parts and work that was done, lets just say I could have sold the truck and bought a new platinum.

I had 71/59 compounds sitting in the garage, but chose to go with H&S's single kit. The kit comes with a 64mm turbo. All I can say is wow. Just opening the box up lets you know the time, effort and quality of the kit. One of the more finer things I have spend money. Not one thing is under engineered. Every hole and bolt lines up 100% correctly. Hats off to the guys at H&S. You guys did one hell of a job designing this kit!

FYI If you have a standard SPD down pipe, you need to cut 3/4" off the flange to make it fit.

I would like to say a big THANK YOU! to Will @ Rudys, Drake Winn( got the pleasure of going on the first test ride), Daniel Webb, Morgan @ Midwest, and anyone else who I bothered for information. Could not have done it with out all of your help!

MOTOR
Block bored .030
Delipped and coated pistons
Fire Ringed
Block Deck
New valves
Heads Decked
New Crank
4 New Rods
Rudys Stage1 Valve Terrain
ARPs
All new accessories

FUEL
AirDog 165
Elite Air Dog upgrade/fuel bowl delete
Custom Airdog mount

AIR
Elite intake
H&S single kit
Rudys up pipes
New 4" turbo back exhaust with custom RBP tip

TRANS
Rudys stage 2
Precision Stock Stall converter

ThreeFitty

Reaction score
Wow! Glad to hear all is well! Would love to see the pics and vids. I bet that thing hauls a$$!!! Congrats man