cknox121's slow build

Cknox121

Reaction score
Where at on the head? Did you check the line going for the hpfp to the fuel rail?

No idea. And yes I did.

So trying to crank it and the ground that goes from the back of the motor to the fire wall started smoking...wtf?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

08strokin

Reaction score
No idea. And yes I did.

So trying to crank it and the ground that goes from the back of the motor to the fire wall started smoking...wtf?

Sounds like you have a grounding issues, make sure all your grounds are connected and tight.

webb06

Reaction score
No idea. And yes I did.

Did you put a wire on the negative terminal that should be on a positive terminal?

Cknox121

Reaction score
Did you put a wire on the negative terminal that should be on a positive terminal?

You didnt hook up a main engine ground.

I left the engine ground off... Retard lol.

Anyone want a free 6.4? Fresh built and not running!

Truck fired up, ran it for a little bit while I cleaned up. Shut truck off, went a ate some lunch, come back to test drive and nothing. All lights and dash works, nothin when I turn the key. So I took all the main connections apart, cleaned with electrical connection cleaner and still nothing. Checked all the wiring and all seems to be well. I'm at a loss... Any ideas?

webb06

Reaction score

Truck fired up, ran it for a little bit while I cleaned up. Shut truck off, went a ate some lunch, come back to test drive and nothing. All lights and dash works, nothin when I turn the key. So I took all the main connections apart, cleaned with electrical connection cleaner and still nothing. Checked all the wiring and all seems to be well. I'm at a loss... Any ideas?

Did you install a low pressure fuel system? If they aren't wired into the factory harness it can side a no start sometimes. You'd get a code though.

Cknox121

Reaction score
Did you install a low pressure fuel system? If they aren't wired into the factory harness it can side a no start sometimes. You'd get a code though.

I installed a airdog last time the cab was up (about a month ago). It runs when the key is on. I check connections on it as well.

I'm also getting the lock with a car when I first turn the truck on, but then it goes away. Iirc that means computers aren't communicating. It's something electrical. I just don't know what. Funny thing is I'm an electrician but hate vehicle wiring.

webb06

Reaction score

Motostroker

Reaction score
You owe me some crown apple. I'm towing it back with me and by the time you get back tmrw from ga I'll have the gates tuned and everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
turn the ignition on and jump the starter using the trigger wire behind the passenger side battery. usually, if it starts that way it will reset. if not-use the ids to reset the pats system.

08strokin

Reaction score
I had this issue a couple times. When I checked the mini maxx I had a code, cleared the code and the truck fired right up. I don't remember what the code was though lol.

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score

Check for power at the little wire on the starter when you try starting it. The starter might have just decided to give out, crazy but I've seen crazier!

Cknox121

Reaction score
as Motostroker said, trucks in his possession now. He will be finishing all the fine adjustments and what not. Making it 100%. Thanks again bud!

64f76f0d2fc52e145bb1d254c0fe8149.jpg

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk