cknox121's slow build

Jomax

Reaction score
I hear you there, I think the same way. If you want the best ride, go with the pintop 2.5 with the Kings. Best kit they have before going to coilover kits.

They also have the dominator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cknox121

Reaction score
They also have the dominator.

Would love the dominator, but I got better stuff to spend 8k on. I'm thinking I will probably throw some stock shocks back on for now. Not the right time in life for a 4K suspension system. Truck may be going back stockish as well. Growing up sucks.

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

shmoozer

Reaction score
I just put Fox 2.0's on all 4 corners of my '04. Even for a leaf sprung truck I noticed a fair difference in the way it rode. Generally smoother all around, and larger bumps/ pot holes and offroad the initial hit is a lot more mellow. The only scenario that I didn't see much of a difference is when driving down the highway if I encounter frost heaves the truck still bucks the same. But I attribute that to the length of the wheelbase.

Cknox121

Reaction score
I just put Fox 2.0's on all 4 corners of my '04. Even for a leaf sprung truck I noticed a fair difference in the way it rode. Generally smoother all around, and larger bumps/ pot holes and offroad the initial hit is a lot more mellow. The only scenario that I didn't see much of a difference is when driving down the highway if I encounter frost heaves the truck still bucks the same. But I attribute that to the length of the wheelbase.

I'm sure they do make a large improvement on leaf trucks.

I haven't been factory in so long? I have nothing to compare too lol

2.5 are double that price atleast but I have no experience with them

Hell I may just do the damn pintop. Lol it's only money right...

Cknox121

Reaction score
Or maybe just a set of kings...

Edit- it's either cough the money up for a nice kit, or go back to factory and take a leaf out the rear. Hell I even thought about putting 4800 lb coils with a leveling kit so it would sit close to the same height.

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
Or maybe just a set of kings...

Edit- it's either cough the money up for a nice kit, or go back to factory and take a leaf out the rear. Hell I even thought about putting 4800 lb coils with a leveling kit so it would sit close to the same height.

If you're considering King, talk with Mike. He's a dealer and I think he has them on his 6.7 too

RSK

Reaction score
Honestly the carli commuter package with fox shocks valved by carli and the full leaf pack replacement with deaver carli ones is going to ride really good. I had carli 2.5" coils and commuter shocks, thing would float down the highway so smooth and plush compared to the stock ****.

Cknox121

Reaction score
Honestly the carli commuter package with fox shocks valved by carli and the full leaf pack replacement with deaver carli ones is going to ride really good. I had carli 2.5" coils and commuter shocks, thing would float down the highway so smooth and plush compared to the stock ****.

I have looked at that kit as well. Reason I don't want to go that route. Rather have something middle of the road. Just going to start saving my pennies until I get enough for the Pin Top.

On another note, I talked to Jason at RAAmat today. Very knowledgeable guy. Keep an eye out for a install and comparison thread in the near future. Tired of how low the interior is.

08twinturbo

Reaction score
Man take that bottom overload leaf out and try it. It made a huge difference In the ride in mine and I have since done a few more for others. They absolutely love it.

Jomax

Reaction score
I have looked at that kit as well. Reason I don't want to go that route. Rather have something middle of the road. Just going to start saving my pennies until I get enough for the Pin Top.

On another note, I talked to Jason at RAAmat today. Very knowledgeable guy. Keep an eye out for a install and comparison thread in the near future. Tired of how low the interior is.

Never liked how rammAt didn't carry MLV..

smokinstroker

Reaction score

Let me know if you want it! I'm sending it back this week if not lol

Cknox121

Reaction score
Man take that bottom overload leaf out and try it. It made a huge difference In the ride in mine and I have since done a few more for others. They absolutely love it.

Probably the route I will go. Did you reuse the stock u bolts or get new?

Never liked how rammAt didn't carry MLV..

According to Jason, it's not needed, hence why it isn't on their site. I still may order some from B-Quiet just cause. Sure I could fill in some gaps with it.

Hoping it cuts down on interior noise significantly.

Let me know if you want it! I'm sending it back this week if not lol

I'm torn man, lol. Trying to decide if I should blow +4K on a kit or use it towards investment property's. I hate growing up.