cknox121's slow build

Jomax

Reaction score
Probably the route I will go. Did you reuse the stock u bolts or get new?

I'm torn man, lol. Trying to decide if I should blow +4K on a kit or use it towards investment property's. I hate growing up.

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd always use new u bolts. Never reuse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

08twinturbo

Reaction score
Hey bud I've never replaced them unless longer bolts needed. I know that the factory top plates won't stand any more than 125 ft. lbs torque or they will deform. Never had an issue reusing them and there is nothing in Ford manual that says it's a must. You will be fine in the length on leaf spring bolt length and u bolt length when removing overload leaf.

Cknox121

Reaction score
Hey bud I've never replaced them unless longer bolts needed. I know that the factory top plates won't stand any more than 125 ft. lbs torque or they will deform. Never had an issue reusing them and there is nothing in Ford manual that says it's a must. You will be fine in the length on leaf spring bolt length and u bolt length when removing overload leaf.

Assuming the over load is the bottom most leaf spring?

shmoozer

Reaction score
It was always my understanding that u bolts were torque to yield. Regardless, on something as important as u bolts it's cheap insurance to just get new ones made up

08twinturbo

Reaction score
Well. Problem is they are not cheap anymore from ford. The few sets I priced were 35 each x 4 and it's just not worth it to most. At one time certain models were as cheap as 10$ each. The issue I find is that if you over torque them at all. It bends the top plates. U bolts are way stronger than actual top plate.

Last edited:

CT9AIX

Reaction score
PMF sell the Ubolt sets with nuts for fairly cheap and you can choose what length you need.

08twinturbo

Reaction score
Unless your upgrading top plates and u bolts for traction bars or lift kit stock work fine.

Cknox121

Reaction score
I have OUO weld on traction bars. Couple people have said removing overload does nothing as its not part of the actual "spring pack". So I may just leave them alone. Wonder if Deaver would sell me a factory height set of progressive rate springs? Such as the ones in a Carli kit. From what info I have gathered, the rear springs would make the largest difference... I enjoy having the truck factory height. Don't want to lift it any more then I have too. Hear good things about the fox 2.0's. But I hate to spend the cash and it ride the same.

What does PSA think about OEM shocks? I haven't had them since about 2 yrs ago so I really can't remember how they ride.

97stoker350

Reaction score
The 2.0s really won't disappoint lol

For the price anyways and longevity... U can't beat em compared to stock which are basically crap after 10k

Cknox121

Reaction score
So I combined a S&B intake with the no limit intake. I call it the limitless S&B lol. Anyways it made a huge difference. Couldn't be happier. Made 38PSI boost the other day and the filter Minder didn't move, next time I am home I'll do a little testing. Now just to decide on WTF to do with the suspension.
188b6585dbf785d9c61a850b9a569822.jpg

Torque

Reaction score
You ever run your truck at Carolina Dragway? I bring my bikes down there sometimes to run. I used to live in Evans off Columbia Road.

Cknox121

Reaction score
You ever run your truck at Carolina Dragway? I bring my bikes down there sometimes to run. I used to live in Evans off Columbia Road.

Sure do. Went a couple times this year.

Very familiar with that area. I live in Appling. Pretty much the end of Columbia Road by shell gas station.

Cknox121

Reaction score
Thought about getting these a d Powerrr coating the black tan. Thoughts?
11638ed316693741909eb16983f93f31.jpg

Emery19

Reaction score
With a blank cap I think that would look badass. Kinda like what Shone had on his old white 6.4. Similar design I believe

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

MaxdLaw

Reaction score
There was a truck identical to yours in diesel power challenge with these wheels in chrome. That would look good.