e2u2ydyp.jpg
hu9e6ynu.jpg
uzarype3.jpg

Some progress this past week in the truck

Poglife

Reaction score
ba4ubunu.jpg
uge2yret.jpg
got it running last night everything was good besides my fuel rail pressure sensor will be installing a new one tnight along with the harness. Time to order some custom tunes from Matt and get rid of these spartan tunes!

Poglife

Reaction score
Can anyone give me some insight on why th ebp is so high I can max out the gauge on the spartan and mini maxx at 50-75% throttle?

Poglife

Reaction score
Yea no gate didn't think one was needed for stock fuel I've tried spartan 275,300
Hd300 street performance.

webb06

Reaction score
Can anyone give me some insight on why th ebp is so high I can max out the gauge on the spartan and mini maxx at 50-75% throttle?

I don't think you would need a gate for that. Might swap in a difference EBP sensor to see if that helps

Poglife

Reaction score
I'll try that coulda have sworn I put a new one in during the build.. All I can think of is bending a rod or something

sootie

Reaction score
mine maxed out easily on a variety of tunes. it was harder to do with the Gearhead tunes but it was possible. i got a gate.

B585Ford

Reaction score
I'll try that coulda have sworn I put a new one in during the build.. All I can think of is bending a rod or something

That truck has always ran high EBP IIRC....that was Motorstroker's truck right?

Poglife

Reaction score
That truck has always ran high EBP IIRC....that was Motorstroker's truck right?

yea it is. but whatever was causing it before should be gone now nothing is the same besides valve spring and the pushrods block wise

Poglife

Reaction score
mine maxed out easily on a variety of tunes. it was harder to do with the Gearhead tunes but it was possible. i got a gate.

im about to order some tunes from him today and see what happens. I hope I don't have to get a gate

B585Ford

Reaction score
yea it is. but whatever was causing it before should be gone now nothing is the same besides valve spring and the pushrods block wise

Yeah, I was just kiddin....kinda like my truck and HPFPs...got 3 bad ones in a row before I got one that worked....some trucks are just cursed.

Motostroker

Reaction score
I never had high ebp. I was running 60-62 psi boost to right at 72 ebp. The stock sensor maxes out at 85 iirc. 72 is actual psi. I subtracted 14.7

72 is not that bad with all the valve train mods. Didn't you throw a cam in it?

Poglife

Reaction score
I got 72 on the mini wich is as high as it'll read and 85 on the spartan which is high as they will read so I don't know how far past that I'm actually going. boost is around 50-55. Yea I have a stage 2 from Morgan wich was supposed to drop ebp I thought

Motostroker

Reaction score
I got 72 on the mini wich is as high as it'll read and 85 on the spartan which is high as they will read so I don't know how far past that I'm actually going. boost is around 50-55. Yea I have a stage 2 from Morgan wich was supposed to drop ebp I thought

I wonder why your not pushing as much boost?

What is your ebp (absolute) reading with KOEO?
And compare that psi too map psi (absolute) on the dashdaq, along with barometric psi. They all should be within 1.5 psi

Last edited:

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
With my Elite 71mm and stock VGT I would see 52-55 psi of boost and 68 psi of back pressure after doing the match. That was with the 275 and 310 tunes. I rarely ran the 300 tune. Stock cam though.