Dual Fuelers

blk350on20s

Reaction score
I run DD kit. Install was straight forward and simple. Like said above the bottom 2 bolts were tough to get in. Haven't stripped anything yet. To make it easy you can pull the whole bracket for the alternator right off and do it(figured it out last night disassembling the motor). I have harmonic noise from the lines but that was expected and with the exception of Mikes truck it seems all make it. The lines have to be removed every time you have to pull the valve cover. Not a big deal but if you take your valve cover off a lot then it may be. Harness for the pump was very easy to tie in and has a lot of room to route anywhere. Kit fuels like any other would which is hard!! Makes good power and no surging.

lubeowner

Reaction score
The kits all do the same thing. They belt drive a second pump and they are all controlled (wired) the same way. The only real difference comes down to pump location. I mounted our kit down in a spot where it was hidden for a factory look and so that you could run any cold cac tube and do no trimming to your truck. This causes you to have to run the secondary alternator instead of the main one.

The other kits mount the pumps in the secondary alternator position and that creates a pump that is high and visible. It means that you have a custom cac tube and trim the parts of your truck.

It really comes down to what you want to see when you open the hood, do want it to be a focal point when you open the hood and show it off or are you looking for the sleeper stock look.

Last edited by a moderator:

buck russell

Reaction score
I appreciate the input. I have done quite a bit of research too and have come to many of the same conclusions as you. For me, it has always been Elite or Midwestern but that isn't why I started this thread. I always planned to stay stock on fuel, but when the opportunity came knocking (I am pretty sure my HPFP is getting weak), I hate to pass up the opportunity to upgrade since something is failing on me. It does p#ss me off that I have changed my fuel filters religiously every 5 to 7k miles (depending on the type of driving I had been doing) and my K16 started acting up at 46k miles and is getting worse.
:fustrate:

That definitely sucks! I had a scare a while back and thought my HPFP was on it's way out. Luckily it was a fitting rubbing against my turbo inlet. I think that you won't find a better kit and better customer service for the money of the Midwest kit.

After speaking to Morgan for a healthy bit of time, he seems to have taken damn near every aspect into consideration when designing his kit. There really are no downfalls to the kit, at least from what I can tell. I also have this thing for excellent customer service. Should I ever have an issue, I know that Morgan won't shy away from helping me make things right.

jdgleason

Reaction score
One thing that was brought to my attention recently by a member with an elite kit - he had a freak deal where the belt for his second pump broke.... Since he had the second belt to drive the pump, he drove it home with a little less fuel.

As stated, I would stick with a site sponsor.

Reaction score
I would like to start off by saying EVERYONE has a great kit !!

The things customers ask is first off " and as always " COST

Now cost also has some downfalls in my opinion .......More then likely if there is more cost to the kit there is more MFG cost or products that go with the kit or material they use which in turn to me is QUALITY of kit .

Like Jeremy said ....
The kits all do the same thing. They belt drive a second pump and they are all controlled (wired) the same way. The only real difference comes down to pump location.

Now with our pump kit we wanted to think outside the box... Now more then likely when you guys are upgrading to dual fuelers you are going to be doing injectors and with that u will have the valve cover off. With that being said I thought I would design a kit that is quite a bit different. The kits all do the same thing as Jeremy stated earlier. But I felt like no one has taken into consideration Harmonics and the fact that the line design being longer creates more of this problem. So this was my spin on things ... This is not a thread to say "my kit is better " It is to show everyone 'OPTIONS".
IMG_20131024_172620_3161.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
This was the prototype kit as my brackets will come is SS for longevity and look. I want things to last not just move off my shelves .
The way I wanted things was to get something everyone could use. Everything from factory to Triple turbo kit to modded pull/drag truck "where space sometimes is limited" to your every day DD.

I also thought to myself how can I make this more compact...which for me was a huge plus because now I don't need to worry about what CAC pipe is on the truck or for the gentleman that has a brand new low mile truck that he wants to keep clean and not cut battery tray to fit extra pump with the modifications easily visible. I feel like it takes cleanliness away from the install.
And the most important + from my kit same as my Fuel bowl delete kit, You do NOT need to remove turbos or any other fuel lines other then the ones you guys are already going to have apart All that needs to be removed is valve cover and alternator.

It all depends on "Personal" opinion and looks that the customer is wanting to achieve or budget they are trying to meet. Some things might look better to others as far as cost , ease of install and other features that might help or hinder the install and longevity .

blk350on20s

Reaction score
I would like to start off by saying EVERYONE has a great kit !!

The things customers ask is first off " and as always " COST

Now cost also has some downfalls in my opinion .......More then likely if there is more cost to the kit there is more MFG cost or products that go with the kit or material they use which in turn to me is QUALITY of kit .

Like Jeremy said ....

Now with our pump kit we wanted to think outside the box... Now more then likely when you guys are upgrading to dual fuelers you are going to be doing injectors and with that u will have the valve cover off. With that being said I thought I would design a kit that is quite a bit different. The kits all do the same thing as Jeremy stated earlier. But I felt like no one has taken into consideration Harmonics and the fact that the line design being longer creates more of this problem. So this was my spin on things ... This is not a thread to say "my kit is better " It is to show everyone 'OPTIONS".
IMG_20131024_172620_3161.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
This was the prototype kit as my brackets will come is SS for longevity and look. I want things to last not just move off my shelves .
The way I wanted things was to get something everyone could use. Everything from factory to Triple turbo kit to modded pull/drag truck "where space sometimes is limited" to your every day DD.

I also thought to myself how can I make this more compact...which for me was a huge plus because now I don't need to worry about what CAC pipe is on the truck or for the gentleman that has a brand new low mile truck that he wants to keep clean and not cut battery tray to fit extra pump with the modifications easily visible. I feel like it takes cleanliness away from the install.
And the most important + from my kit same as my Fuel bowl delete kit, You do NOT need to remove turbos or any other fuel lines other then the ones you guys are already going to have apart All that needs to be removed is valve cover and alternator.

It all depends on "Personal" opinion and looks that the customer is wanting to achieve or budget they are trying to meet. Some things might look better to others as far as cost , ease of install and other features that might help or hinder the install and longevity .

Am I missing something? Where do the hpfp lines go? I see one go up to the top of the valve cover and stop

Reaction score
Here's the deal, obviously they all drive a pump. They all have different price points. I built/designed our setup because I wanted things no-one had. I did not want a CP3. I did not want to tap into the rail or cut the valve cover. I did not want to loose my main Alternator. I did not want a T-fitting in my hp lines nor have to take my intake manifold off to install/remove the hpf line. Nor did i want to remove the hpf lines to remove the valve cover. I also wanted a plug and play harness. I did not worry about fitting a stock egr elbow with it as most people are running a modified one at that point. I also did not like adding all the pulleys and belts to separately drive a pump. If you loose your main serpentine belt for any reason no-matter who's kit you run its not gonna drive long with out alternator, water pump, or power steering. You shouldn't have belts falling off anyway. And the engine will still run without a belt with our kit. I like ours because you can have the pump out in 5 miuntes. The only modifications that are permanent are trimming the battery box and fan shroud. Both are plastic and replaceable. In fact we usually just remove the fan shroud (stator) to gain clearance and do not run it at all. Then you could put it back in someday if you ever felt the need to return it back to stock.

So take whatever options you like and get that kit. They all work. Some are just simpler and easier to use/install/service. If price is most important then disregard all previous statements and buy the cheapest available to you.

buck russell

Reaction score
One thing that was brought to my attention recently by a member with an elite kit - he had a freak deal where the belt for his second pump broke.... Since he had the second belt to drive the pump, he drove it home with a little less fuel.

As stated, I would stick with a site sponsor.

Who are you referring too here, sir? My buddy Matt? Yes, that was a freak scenario because a shop around here did not tighten the pulley down properly nor did this person use the right hardware. No discredit to the Elite kit, but I don't really see this as a huge selling point because as Morgan stated, his kit is equally as servicable and easily reached.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Who are you referring too here, sir? My buddy Matt? Yes, that was a freak scenario because a shop around here did not tighten the pulley down properly nor did this person use the right hardware. No discredit to the Elite kit, but I don't really see this as a huge selling point because as Morgan stated, his kit is equally as servicable and easily reached.

It was Matt, yes. Whether or not it was installer error, it was an aspect that I hadn't considered before. The only reason I brought it up was because it was something that I hadn't though about before; maybe it would give someone else something to think about.

Since I only have experience with the Elite kit, that's all I spoke of. Morgan's kit looks awesome as well. I appreciate you standing up for Morgan, but you're fighting a shadow lol.

Latest posts

Members online