EC/LB Motor Build

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Nope not at all. I'd like to do duel fuelers and some 100% nozzles and some big compounds but there is really no point on doing that on this truck for what it's daily use is. Then I'd also have to tear the motor back apart and do billet rods and then I might as well port and o-ring the heads....which I'd rather not do that stuff either. Ha

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Better idea. I have the balanced 60% injectors and my proven dragon fire out of my pulling truck with 7500 miles on each.. Then, you get what you need to be 800 on your set up and safe. Ask me how I know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black AOD

Reaction score
PM me a price you'd take for them, I'll think on it. No promises though. I'm still working on a 6.7 race truck idea in the near future haha

Black AOD

Reaction score
I doubt it. I might next year. With colder months not far away, there's no real sense to. I honestly didn't built this truck to race, I built it for reliability and to haul what I need it to.

If I want to race a truck, it wouldn't be lifted. That's why I'm tossing around the idea of building a 6.7 RCSB race truck. But who knows, it's be interesting to see what the Ole 6.4 could post in the 1/4. Might give it a go next spring. Gives me a reason to throw some 420's on it haha

Rmartin-97

Reaction score
I doubt it. I might next year. With colder months not far away, there's no real sense to. I honestly didn't built this truck to race, I built it for reliability and to haul what I need it to.

If I want to race a truck, it wouldn't be lifted. That's why I'm tossing around the idea of building a 6.7 RCSB race truck. But who knows, it's be interesting to see what the Ole 6.4 could post in the 1/4. Might give it a go next spring. Gives me a reason to throw some 420's on it haha

I understand that.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Well Today I was down at UDP...this thingy (see attached) will be going on soon along with Elites Fuel Bowl ****** and distribution block. Will also get Elites Fuel Race Cooler upgrade as well. After that's done I should have the Rigid Light Bar and Rigid XL fogs going in once it's back.

I have a Built Dana 80 rear axle plan for after winter and to rebuild the front 60 completely along with a dynratrac free spin kit and custom front drive shaft and doing true Trac lockers front and rear. Once that's done that will be the end of this phase of the build for the truck.

My final phase will to be tear the motor down, do billet rods, have Wagler magnaflux, o-ring and port the heads, Midwest duel fueler, and some very large compounds and drop the truck down for race stance. But that is down the road.

uploadfromtaptalk1444698380962.jpg

Last edited:

CAT35niner

Reaction score
You should just finish off the elite stuff with a dual fueled kit LOL.

Nice list of parts bud. I wanna see how the dynatrac kit turns out. Very tempting to get one lol.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Nah...no duel fuelers. Not now at least. I should have just done the rods and heads while it was being built...didn't think that through and was running out of $ so...

Yeah dynatrac kit should be cool. Really strengthens up the front too

Sahrens0202

Reaction score
You should just finish off the elite stuff with a dual fueled kit LOL.

Nice list of parts bud. I wanna see how the dynatrac kit turns out. Very tempting to get one lol.

The kits are very nice. I got mine from Morgan and went with the new Dyna-lok hubs instead of the standard ones(+$349?). The hub part is a little confusing but I have taken mine apart twice now to regrease so I kinda have it down. Not to derail but if anyone has questions on installing these let me know. I should have done a write up but didn't think about it. Also did a set on my brothers excursion.
On edit the kit does come with excellent instructions.

Black AOD

Reaction score
The kits are very nice. I got mine from Morgan and went with the new Dyna-lok hubs instead of the standard ones(+$349?). The hub part is a little confusing but I have taken mine apart twice now to regrease so I kinda have it down. Not to derail but if anyone has questions on installing these let me know. I should have done a write up but didn't think about it. Also did a set on my brothers excursion.
On edit the kit does come with excellent instructions.

I had Dynatrac Axles in my last Jeep I Built...everything they make is top notch. I've done the free spin kits in two Ford Dually's before, they aren't bad to do. Thanks though

Black AOD

Reaction score
Well then, contact this guy, lol!!!!

Lol I don't claim to be ax expert...just done stuff before. I come from a steel fab background/welding and I used to be a big 4x4 off road guy, I've just done a lot of custom drive-train stuff.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Gotcha. Definitely post up what you do to the Dana 80. I'm sure it will be cool!

Oh I will. Gman1 did a Dana 80 for his EC/LB 2.5 Class (I think 2.5 Class?) pull truck. He had a shop take a Dana 80 out of a Dodge 3500 and weld the sterling spindles on the 80 and they had it cut to the correct WMS length for the truck. Built up the axle too. I kind of want to follow that route but I'd like to find an axle of out a cab and chassis truck, from what I've read, those will bolt right up to my truck (I'm hoping!)

Latest posts

Members online