EC/LB Motor Build

gman1

Reaction score
Oh I will. Gman1 did a Dana 80 for his EC/LB 2.5 Class (I think 2.5 Class?) pull truck. He had a shop take a Dana 80 out of a Dodge 3500 and weld the sterling spindles on the 80 and they had it cut to the correct WMS length for the truck. Built up the axle too. I kind of want to follow that route but I'd like to find an axle of out a cab and chassis truck, from what I've read, those will bolt right up to my truck (I'm hoping!)

Yes I had my Dana 80 special built for my pulling truck. Dana 80,s out of C/C trucks are kind of hard to find thats why I went the route I did. Plus I didnt want to miss out on the pulling season waiting on the "perfect axle".
imagejpeg_0_zpsh11iyyuy.jpg
"]
imagejpeg_0_zpsh11iyyuy.jpg
[/URL]

Black AOD

Reaction score
Sooooo....question for all you experts.

I picked up a mini maxx (Hooray, modern tuning device!) and here in about a month the truck is going back to UDP for a fuel bowl disappearance, the new aeromotive lift pump and elite diesel race fuel cooler setup and distribution block. I'm really going back and forth between doing the Midwest diesel dual fueler kit (elites block is already plumbed for dual fuelers and im already tearing into the fuel system anyway) with two brand new k16's with a brand new set of injectors. My question is, If I do this, my goal is 800 rwhp. Can I achieve this with Elite Jr High powers (meaning I ditch my 72 and go to the 76) and run say 60% nozzles, maybe 75% nozzles? Or do I need to look at going Full High Powers?

I'd like to avoid the high powers, that's more $ than I'd like to spend, and its very easy to get a work stock elite 76 atmo than buying a whole new set of high powers. Will Jr Highpowers push enough air to make 800 (with supporting fuel mods obviously)?

Last edited:

gman1

Reaction score
On my gray truck way back when, i did 787 with high powers, dual fuelers and 60 percent nozzles.
And I would go with the Mid West dual fueler.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Pretty sure 800 is possible with a 72, dual fuel and 60% nozzles

Might of been on a generous dyno but I think the 76 would push you right where you want to be

Rmartin-97

Reaction score
Nates trap speed put him around 800hp and he's running a similar setup I believe. If people are getting 750ish out of a 72 I think it's possible.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Does the 76 have a larger turbine? You have a wastegate?

Yeah I think it does. Yep, 44 mm Tial.

On my gray truck way back when, i did 787 with high powers, dual fuelers and 60 percent nozzles.
And I would go with the Mid West dual fueler.

Nice #. Although I've seen higher #s with high powers recently

Pretty sure 800 is possible with a 72, dual fuel and 60% nozzles

See, Ive heard otherwise. Nate and a few other knowledgeable people have told me the 72 cant push much more than 750.

Might of been on a generous dyno but I think the 76 would push you right where you want to be

Depends on the dyno. My 787 was on Dans dyno so I feel it was close.

Hmm

Nates trap speed put him around 800hp and he's running a similar setup I believe. If people are getting 750ish out of a 72 I think it's possible.

Yeah, I know, but he's never actually dynoed it although I'd trust track times anymore over dyno #'s

Sahrens0202

Reaction score
I think it depends on how cool you want egt's to be. Will a 76/59 do it? Probably but you might be at 1800*+. Just a thought. You should always be able to sell the 76 to upgrade in the future if money is tighter now.

6.4 Stroker

Reaction score
I think it depends on how cool you want egt's to be. Will a 76/59 do it? Probably but you might be at 1800*+. Just a thought. You should always be able to sell the 76 to upgrade in the future if money is tighter now.

Agreed, I've hit over 800 on a few dynos with 60%s and 59/71 on fuel. It can get pretty smokey at WOT though.
OP, I would go dual fuel. You won't be disappointed.

sootie

Reaction score
you will just break 800 with dual fuel, 60s and 76/59. definitely go with the midwest kit....

Black AOD

Reaction score
you will just break 800 with dual fuel, 60s and 76/59. definitely go with the midwest kit....

Yeah. I used a Calc. Conversion and based it off Nate Bailor's (UDP Owner) run in his 6.4 f250

He runs the exact setup im looking to do. Elite Jr. High Powers, 60% nozzles, Midwest Dual Fuel, Aeromotive LP Side.

Weights 8740, went 12.2 @ 111

Assume 20% drive train loss, I got numbers between 790-815 rwhp

d.evil

Reaction score
Just curious as to ballpark cost of a solid rebuild? Proper Pistons, studs, new heads, and all related wear parts & gaskets. I found a truck with 212k on it, and am curious what these 800+hp builds run when the high mileage engine gives up. I realize it gets expensive really fast when doing the fuel system and turbos. Thanks

Black AOD

Reaction score
d.evil, PM me and we can chat. I can tell you what mine costs but ultimately it depends on what goes in the build and what shop does it or if you do it yourself. sootie's estimate is pretty good. just depends

Latest posts

Members online