Elite Diesel Engineering - Turbo Kit Order - Only the Facts

Status
Not open for further replies.

morepower02

Reaction score
Age and experience trumps young and willing to blow cash on frivolous items. Lol

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
if it wasnt for us "young, frivolous, cash-blowing children" what would support the industry? bunch of penny pinching old farts?

age is irrelevant. passion yields experience. :)

Dan is exactly right

Young adults blow tons of cash on trucks they pick up cheep, and literally drive this industry.

Anyone out there with a successful shop knows the old timers who blow tons of cash in a single hit aren't the ones paying the bills

The kids who buy things as soon as they get that paycheck, whether it's turbos or a simple intake drive this industry.

I can't stand when people judge someone by their age unless they act it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wayne

Reaction score
Age and experience trumps young and willing to blow cash on frivolous items. Lol

LOL LOL LOL bingo. You were once young and frivolous I bet. That's where the experience comes in. Sorry for the continued derail, but this is some funny stuff.

morepower02

Reaction score
Wayne, tore down and built a 7.3 right out of the showroom. Been there, done that, lived and learned.:badidea:

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Its these threads that make my decision to just use my new truck as a stock tow rig that much easier to stick to

The diesel scene is a niche and things can't be mass produced because the capital needed to stock the shelves isn't there

But bottom line for all companies that deal in this industry... dont bs your customer... Under promise and over deliver

This isn't a hit at any shop its just reality...These shops are very small in comparison to mainstream automotive aftermarket...but hell look at BTS...guy has a 2 month backlog for new orders but he is straight up about that and has people lining up for a trans

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

MorganY

Reaction score
Dan is exactly right

Young adults blow tons of cash on trucks they pick up cheep, and literally drive this industry.

Anyone out there with a successful shop knows the old timers who blow tons of cash in a single hit aren't the ones paying the bills

The kids who buy things as soon as they get that paycheck, whether it's turbos or a simple intake drive this industry.

I can't stand when people judge someone by their age unless they act it

Are you serious?

If it wasnt for these old guys, we would be worlds behind than we are now.

I bet it wasn't a 20 year old who had the balls to spend $50,000, and paid in full, to run the first set of performance parts just to work the kinks out for someone else.

I bet it wasn't a 20 year old pushing the bar, testing, breaking, and replacing it again and again that ended up being less of a hassle for the rest of those who bought those parts a year down the road.
I bet when you needed something, or backing, these 'old guys' stepped up and got it done for you.

Last I checked in the Ford crew, the old guys run this industry.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reaction score
Are you serious?

I bet it wasn't a 20 year old who had the balls to spend $50,000, and paid in full, to run the first set of performance parts just to work the kinks out for someone else.

I bet it wasn't a 20 year old pushing the bar, testing, breaking, and replacing it again and again that ended up being less of a hassle for the rest of those who bought those parts a year down the road.
I bet when you needed something, or backing, these 'old guys' stepped up and got it done for you.

I really think the emoticon for sarcasm that I stated about earlier after mike's post could have been inserted in Jared's. Pretty sure jared was meaning to be sarcastic especially after reading the end comment about judging people's age... Jared knows all to well that the "old people" got us where we are today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

F250stroker08

Reaction score
I agree with you. When a company blatantly lies about a product I would not call their products second to none. For that reason I do not see myself purchasing another product from them. The quality of their products that they produce is not what is in question. Their integrity and communication is.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Are you serious?

I feel as though there are more younger guys willing to blow their money though. I get a lot of younger welders and pipe fitters that are upside down in their vehicle, paying a crazy note and still trying to buy a $30k diesel pickup. That makes me think that the same happens for performance parts as well.

Now for those actually contributing more than just a pay check, I agree, probably mostly older(so to speak). I'd bet that the young, dumb guys who wanna claim they're the baddest on the block are really fueling the industry(financially).

MorganY

Reaction score
I really think the emoticon for sarcasm that I stated about earlier after mike's post could have been inserted in Jared's. Pretty sure jared was meaning to be sarcastic especially after reading the end comment about judging people's age... Jared knows all to well that the "old people" got us where we are today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I hope so..It didn't read like that on my end.

I feel as though there are more younger guys willing to blow their money though. I get a lot of younger welders and pipe fitters that are upside down in their vehicle, paying a crazy note and still trying to buy a $30k diesel pickup. That makes me think that the same happens for performance parts as well.

Now for those actually contributing more than just a pay check, I agree, probably mostly older(so to speak). I'd bet that the young, dumb guys who wanna claim they're the baddest on the block are really fueling the industry(financially).

I see both sides; but those profits came from young guns looking for proven power gains and parts that the big guys had to run first and break them on their own dime. It's more of the long term advancements in the industry that I am focused on.

OBS F350

Reaction score
I hope so..It didn't read like that on my end.

I see both sides; but those profits came from young guns looking for proven power gains and parts that the big guys had to run first and break them on their own dime. It's more of the long term advancements in the industry that I am focused on.

I agree with you the younger crowd looking to be the baddest truck around or whatever you want to say are the people looking for "+50 horse injectors" or +(given amount of horsepower this). If it were "hey pay to run these injectors were not sure of what problems or power gains if any there will be but you pay to try them go for it!" most of the guys trying to prove something would opt out 9 times out of 10. I think it's mostly the older crowd pushing the R & D, but the younger that fuel that R & D by buying $300 intakes, $600 exhausts, $800 dollar programmers etc.

Last edited:

extreme3807

Reaction score
Its these threads that make my decision to just use my new truck as a stock tow rig that much easier to stick to

The diesel scene is a niche and things can't be mass produced because the capital needed to stock the shelves isn't there

But bottom line for all companies that deal in this industry... dont bs your customer... Under promise and over deliver

This isn't a hit at any shop its just reality...These shops are very small in comparison to mainstream automotive aftermarket...but hell look at BTS...guy has a 2 month backlog for new orders but he is straight up about that and has people lining up for a trans

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Yezzir!!!

extreme3807

Reaction score
I agree with you the younger crowd looking to be the baddest truck around or whatever you want to say are the people looking for "+50 horse injectors" or +(given amount of horsepower this). If it were "hey pay to run these injectors were not sure of what problems or power gains if any there will be but you pay to try them go for it!" most of the guys trying to prove something would opt out 9 times out of 10. I think it's mostly the older crowd pushing the R & D, but the younger that fuel that R & D by buying $300 intakes, $600 exhausts, $800 dollar programmers etc.

You sir are correct.

bricewise

Reaction score
I'm not sure where this thread went but I'll go there.

Young Frivolous spending doesn't help this industry. It sets it back. You think Dan dropping 25k at Confederate Diesel really helped this industry? It just keeps a terrible business in business and allows companies to think its okay to just release products irregardless of testing and quality.

Whats the average age of the winner and competitor at DPC? The kid this year embarrassed himself on a number of events and his behavior.

The only thing frivolous spending perpetuates is the idea that companies do not need to research and continue to improve their product. Why would a company like Confederate change anything if you got folks like Dan lining up outside dropping loads of cash for crap.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
I'm not sure where this thread went but I'll go there.

Young Frivolous spending doesn't help this industry. It sets it back. You think Dan dropping 25k at Confederate Diesel really helped this industry? It just keeps a terrible business in business and allows companies to think its okay to just release products irregardless of testing and quality.

Whats the average age of the winner and competitor at DPC? The kid this year embarrassed himself on a number of events and his behavior.

The only thing frivolous spending perpetuates is the idea that companies do not need to research and continue to improve their product. Why would a company like Confederate change anything if you got folks like Dan lining up outside dropping loads of cash for crap.

Like I said before, the frivolity helps financially, but that's it. And even then, you talk about the case w/ CDF(good point), but then you have guys like me, currently, only school to worry about, so if I have the extra money, I'll buy a turbo, injectors, rr etc. not because it's irresponsible or I'm a total idiot, but I don't have the responsibility of taking care of a family. I feel that the younger guys keep a good cash flow because we can, and we aren't smart enough to save up and prepare for the future like we should, and will probably learn to do as we age.

On the actual topic, I think the nail has been hit in the head a couple of times: 1) Elite(and other companies) shouldn't take the money in advance, customer doesn't pay, then there's a kit on the shelf for the next guy 2). If a company is relying on another for fab, tell the customer. I'm sure most would rather plan for a long wait and get an early delivery. 3). If your chit is broken, and you NEED it up and running, don't buy something that isn't sitting on the shelf. I don't doubt EDE's abilities, but if I use my truck for work, and I'm in a crunch, I certainly wouldn't run one of their first production kits. Maybe it's just me, but I see the potential for failure or delays(like what happened) as much higher if the kits are so new.

I'd rather wait for some youngster(s) making bank welding, pipe-fitting or whatever else run that kit on his truck/toy first, than on my truck/tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online