Gearhead tunes

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
:whs: My gearhead tow tune (Race) runs exceptionally cool lol.

I had another superduty on a trailer with the cruise set at 85+ and didn't break 1000* even on hills. On flat ground I was running 7-800*. Trans, Oil and Coolant were all prefect.

the combo tune haha! Love it, my truck never leaves gearhead race no matter what I am doing...

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
The injectors can handle it and if the pump maintains in the case of duals or modified singles, it is a Win-Win... so why not.

I'm thinking maybe the additional RP along with the Elite Pump's tendency to have pressure spikes is why my fuel line failed. Could I have you all dial back the demanded RP to the regular 24k on my tunes? If not no worries I will pick up a tow tune from someone else to hold me over until I can get an upgraded line.

White_monster

Reaction score
You could contact rockentech.com and order new fuel lines for your elite kit, those lines fit the elite kit perfect. It would just require you to bend them into the needed shape.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
You could contact rockentech.com and order new fuel lines for your elite kit, those lines fit the elite kit perfect. It would just require you to bend them into the needed shape.

Same thickness lines ? If so have fun bending.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
tadd pm'd me earlier and said he was going to be able to start working on the lines in the middle of this week so we will see how it goes. If not I'll probably be pulling my pump and sending it in to be un-modified

Gearhead

Reaction score
You shouldn't be getting spikes... if you are let me know and i can make changes elsewhere. Or i can just put the pressure down to whatever you want.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
You shouldn't be getting spikes... if you are let me know and i can make changes elsewhere. Or i can just put the pressure down to whatever you want.

Okay thanks! I'm gonna see how far Tadd makes it on the lines this week before we make any tuning changes. I think the spikes are due to the way the pump is modified and not the tuning. Had someone else tell me his was spiking up to 30k

drservo

Reaction score
What are you towing? I towed my boat 11-12k lbs 500 mile round trip through Kentucky & never seen EGT's over 1150 on Gearheads hot street. That's w/ cruise set @ 70-75mph the whole way. I have basically all the add ons you do!

I guess I'll try the race or maybe the street. I'm towing 15K through the mtns with 8% grades. Normally tow with Spartan 275 or KEMs 345 but like the thoughts of Gearheads not smoking out my white camper lol.

08SUPERKING

Reaction score
Street tune maybe better cause i used gearhead race tune to tow my camper 37' fw and temps are not bad but it tends to down shift on hills and bridges... And not to say way to much power for towing... It does great on open roads but city sucks cause your just holding the truck back from running over the next car in front....

Jmoore1225

Reaction score
I guess I'll try the race or maybe the street. I'm towing 15K through the mtns with 8% grades. Normally tow with Spartan 275 or KEMs 345 but like the thoughts of Gearheads not smoking out my white camper lol.

Ya my boats white, Pretty much zero smoke on Gearheads tunes. My buddy borrowed my boat for a trip & towed it w/ his cummins. Could not believe how much soot was all the way down the boat, was a huge pain in the ass to get it cleaned.

drservo

Reaction score
Should the street build alot more boost than the race? I've been driving on it a few days around town before I tow with it and mine builds more boost especially at light throttle.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
what is everyones RP at idle? Not sure if my pump got wounded when the line blew or if it's down because it's cold? it was like 5k-5200 at idle and went between 4900-5400 stopped at a stoplight. I don't remember what it was before.

drservo

Reaction score
Well back from the trip and the race tune tows alot better than the xstreet. Boost was alot lower on the race tune and it ran a little cooler also. I had to use tow/haul because when mashing the pedal going up the hills the downshift wasn't too smooth without tow/haul. MPG was 8.75 compared to 9.5 with Spartan 210 tune.

Reaction score
Bringing this back up . I have been running a custom innovative aggressive street that has decent power but not quite happy with the shifting and was gonna give Gearhead a try. So I was curious which tune would be closer in power ? Street or hot street . My truck has just a tune intake and exhaust. I need something that can tow 10k from time to time safely . Most the time I tow my 21ft center console every weekend right around 5k fully loaded. I have thought about adjusting the aggressive street my liking but just not sure about goin about it on my livewire without screwing things up . Basically just need to adjust the 3-4 shift 4 mph sooner . Whatcha guys think?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.