Gearhead tunes

HD-tech-NH

Reaction score
What would you consider ridiculous? I usually tow from 10k-16k but sometimes a bit more. I already ordered my tunes and cant wait, the customer service is also awesome.

Johnny, can you PM me some feedback once you try these? Specifically the hot street. Because we both have handshakers :pimp: I'm still waiting for the 3.02 from ID and I'm getting itchy.

6.4psd916

Reaction score
What would you consider ridiculous? I usually tow from 10k-16k but sometimes a bit more. I already ordered my tunes and cant wait, the customer service is also awesome.

Just watch your gauges, I never towed more than 10k and my egts were great. Even in the hills, never broke 1100.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Johnny, can you PM me some feedback once you try these? Specifically the hot street. Because we both have handshakers :pimp: I'm still waiting for the 3.02 from ID and I'm getting itchy.

I am waitin to hear the same thing. I hate that I am gonna have to blow the dust off my SCT. I was hopin she would be down for the count.

Jmoore1225

Reaction score

Towed my boat which weighs between 10,000-12,000lbs depending on fuel, gear loaded in it, from Cincinnati, Ohio to Lake Cumberland in very southern Kentucky. Huge hills, set the truck on cruise @ 70-75mph & never seen over 1100 on my EGT'S. Truck held MPH's the whole way & never downshifted!! Got around 10mpg.....

superih

Reaction score
Towed my boat which weighs between 10,000-12,000lbs depending on fuel, gear loaded in it, from Cincinnati, Ohio to Lake Cumberland in very southern Kentucky. Huge hills, set the truck on cruise @ 70-75mph & never seen over 1100 on my EGT'S. Truck held MPH's the whole way & never downshifted!! Got around 10mpg.....

What size tires and gears do you have?

cory151

Reaction score
I am waitin to hear the same thing. I hate that I am gonna have to blow the dust off my SCT. I was hopin she would be down for the count.

Yeah I refuse to run a tune on the SCT especially when there are so many well built tuner platforms with the ability to do, and monitor so much more than the SCT offers. It would be kinda like going back to my old flip cell phone after having an iPhone, at this point.

Ive heard good things about tune though, just cant swing the Windows 95 interface. :doh:

BBottoms

Reaction score
That is being worked on...

I know it'll probably never quite be a DashDaq, but are we going to get all the important stuff that the CTS and old LiveWire missed (BP, FRP, TC Slip, etc)? If so I'm in and I'll be getting rid of my old Livewire and CTS!

Gearhead

Reaction score
the livewire had FRP and BP.... but yes TC slip is on the list from what i understand.

BBottoms

Reaction score
It does, but it's awful to look at and embarrassing to mount in my truck! I love the CTS but its only useful for everyday guages, not checking things that matter, haha.

Cajunhunter67

Reaction score
Read this whole thread. Seems that our tuners have alot in common. Spartan, Gearhead, and IDP. They all seem to have the small surge when doing small quick accell. When getting into it hard in quick about 40...tranny hunts gears. Each tuner has its pro's/cons. Looking forward to having c-slip on the livewire. I personaly like the livewire for gauges. At 45yrs old, I can see it well.
It seems we have an incredible engine, but the tranny lacks for great shifting no matter who or what tunes it. Whats weird is Erics tunes on my 6.0 I had was awsome! Why the difference? Who knows. Best daily driver for me..Race / Delay loc.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.