Gearhead tunes

Cajunhunter67

Reaction score
The hard shifts dont bother me, I like the firm shifts. Its the way it seems to hunt for the right gear, or drop out and slam, or converter lock late, early. Pretty much what everyone was stating on this thread. I just know my 6.0 shifted crisp, down shifted, and upshifted great. I know traction bars help smooth the shifting out, and stop converter surge..but it wont help with the shifts themselves.

PSD-BLACK-CLOUD

Reaction score
The hard shifts dont bother me, I like the firm shifts. Its the way it seems to hunt for the right gear, or drop out and slam, or converter lock late, early. Pretty much what everyone was stating on this thread. I just know my 6.0 shifted crisp, down shifted, and upshifted great. I know traction bars help smooth the shifting out, and stop converter surge..but it wont help with the shifts themselves.

Mine did that right before the trans went out. I wasnt running gearhead tunes then though.

Cajunhunter67

Reaction score
Hopefully the tranny keeps working. 85k miles. 20k with the race tune. Eric is coming out with the new 3.02 revision that is supposed to help out alot of issues.
I believe his new Xtreem tune is alot like gearheads. No smoke..once it builds boost, all hell breaks lose. Lol!

Last edited:

Jmoore1225

Reaction score
I have the new Xtreem tune in my custom section, but I guess adding a gearhead tune wouldnt make a difference?

He emails them to you, just pick which tunes you do or don't want loaded on. I have gearhead & a RCD tune in my custom!!

GearHeadSales

Reaction score
Our basic tow tune is very mild (about 40 horse over stock), but lots of guys are towing with the Street tune.

Jmoore1225

Reaction score
Anyone know how Gearheads tow tune compares to Spartan 210 tow tune?

What are you towing? I towed my boat 11-12k lbs 500 mile round trip through Kentucky & never seen EGT's over 1150 on Gearheads hot street. That's w/ cruise set @ 70-75mph the whole way. I have basically all the add ons you do!

Last edited:

jdgleason

Reaction score
What are you towing? I towed my boat 11-12k lbs 500 mile round trip through Kentucky & never seen EGT's over 1150 on Gearheads hot street. That's w/ cruise set @ 70-75mph the whole way. I have basically all the add ons you do!

:whs: My gearhead tow tune (Race) runs exceptionally cool lol.

I had another superduty on a trailer with the cruise set at 85+ and didn't break 1000* even on hills. On flat ground I was running 7-800*. Trans, Oil and Coolant were all prefect.

Last edited:

Jmoore1225

Reaction score
There were only 2 hills where it broke 1000, 1 of them was a steep grade from a dead stop to get on the on ramp on to the highway & the other was a very lonnng steep grade.

Latest posts

Members online