HID's out..LED's in

acf6

Reaction score
As soon as i get my truck back i will definitely be placing an order...when will i get my truck back? who knows

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Still waiting to hear back about the color options, and my fog lights did not arrive yesterday!...ups strikes again. Looks like they are rescheduled to deliver today. Soon as they come in I will put them in the truck.

kjdavis

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been covered, but have there been any issues with the LED's flickering, or acting funny in certain trucks? Mine is an 02 with 05 headlights, so I'll be using the H13's. Just wanting to make sure I don't need to add any sort of resistor, or anti-flicker harness in-line for them to work with the older style computer.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been covered, but have there been any issues with the LED's flickering, or acting funny in certain trucks? Mine is an 02 with 05 headlights, so I'll be using the H13's. Just wanting to make sure I don't need to add any sort of resistor, or anti-flicker harness in-line for them to work with the older style computer.

they do make any anti flicker resistor harness, but so far the lights we have sold, no one seems to be having issues.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
ok I was able to get the fog lights in last night in my 07. The lights fit into the housing no problem, only issue I see is when installing the bulb into the housing, its a tight fit between the housing and transcooler, once the light is in the housing there is plenty of clearance though. And these things are bright!

here is a picture in the day time, HID light at (6k) on the right, LED light on the left
IMG_4798_zpse11aa1f9.jpg

Here is a picture at night, they are every bit as bright as the HIDs, if not brighter. You can also see the color comparison to the 6k HID head lights.
IMG_4800_zpsab2e3b54.jpg

nice thing about these, is there is no :"warming up" period, when you hit the fog lights, these are instantly bright!...very happy with them.

JrStroker

Reaction score
ok I was able to get the fog lights in last night in my 07. The lights fit into the housing no problem, only issue I see is when installing the bulb into the housing, its a tight fit between the housing and transcooler, once the light is in the housing there is plenty of clearance though. And these things are bright!

here is a picture in the day time, HID light at (6k) on the right, LED light on the left
IMG_4798_zpse11aa1f9.jpg

Here is a picture at night, they are every bit as bright as the HIDs, if not brighter. You can also see the color comparison to the 6k HID head lights.
IMG_4800_zpsab2e3b54.jpg

nice thing about these, is there is no :"warming up" period, when you hit the fog lights, these are instantly bright!...very happy with them.

So the color matches up to the hids?

Cory Anderson

NEVRNF

Reaction score
How about a H3 bulb??? Most aftermarket lights use this. Would be a great upgrade.

Badland

Reaction score

http://s1091.photobucket.com/user/powerstrokedkid87/media/IMG_4798_zpse11aa1f9.jpg.html

Right on the truck or right in the pic?

Looks like the 6k is on the driver side?

Or am I backwards?

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Right on the truck or right in the pic?

Looks like the 6k is on the driver side?

Or am I backwards?

that's correct, the driver side had the 6k Hid the right side had the LED. The second picture when it was darker, shows the LED fogs installed, and the 6K HID head lights. Definitly happy with these things.

I have a few sets going out for the 11+ trucks, to see if there are any issues with the fog lights fitting. Im told there is not.

Reaction score
My LED headlight bulbs from Mark showed up yesterday. I'm going to make sure my lights are aimed correctly and do a comparison between regular halogens vs LEDs tomorrow night hopefully. I'll also do a side by side comparison with the 6K HIDs in my other truck just for fun. Can't wait to get this done!

Reaction score
Anyone who has installed these LEDs...

Do you have any comparison pictures of the high and low beams out on the road???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.