HID's out..LED's in

Reaction score
And this is to answer the same question in regards to 9007 LEDs... or at least the ones I got.

You can see that the tabs on the inside of the ring are different widths. The grooves in the bulbs match this. I cannot turn this ring 180* without filing that tab down to match the width of the other one.. I'm not willing to do that and not only ruin them, but find out that reversing the bulbs won't help at all. If both bulbs being lit up didn't produce a good high beam the first time, turning it 180* would result in the exact same high beam, just a different low beam.

20140401_224944_zps4b8c223f.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

mustube

Reaction score
So only lighting up half the housing on low beams doesn't have drastic effects on the beam pattern?

Reaction score
It actually doesn't on the older 9007 housings like my '03 housings. Those only light up the top half of the housing on low beam and the pattern was great on the road.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
hey guys I have my set here for sale. Im not going to use them, I bought on a whim. I have a retrofit for HIDs coming up so, Im not going to install them and remove them.

They are brand new. Check in the classifieds.

PatriotHauling

Reaction score
hey guys I have my set here for sale. Im not going to use them, I bought on a whim. I have a retrofit for HIDs coming up so, Im not going to install them and remove them.

They are brand new. Check in the classifieds.

Are you installing projectors? If so I'd keep the bulbs and run LEDs in the projectors

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

madman1234509

Reaction score
Geesh my post makes no sense.... not quite sure what my phone did there. I'm just curious how everyones luck with the beam pattern and bulb fitment in 08-10 headlight housings have been.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
I have an 08, and I love them!!!!!! With my Dually 2s I really light up the night...

Latest posts

Members online