HID's out..LED's in

acf6

Reaction score
I would love a set of these in my 03. Has anyone run them in an 99-04 yet? Curious if drop in as smoothly the newer trucks

uw mitch

Reaction score
I would love a set of these in my 03. Has anyone run them in an 99-04 yet? Curious if drop in as smoothly the newer trucks

I'm interested in this as well for my E99.

Mitch

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction score

I ran them in my 2000 with '02 OEM headlights... Low beams are awesome. They shine just as far as halogens do, but MUCH brighter light. The high beam is quite literally useless. I have picture comparisons between low/high beams and halogen/LED. If you want to see the pics, just shoot me a PM.

If you don't really use your high beams, you'll be happy with the LED bulbs. I loved them until I switched to high beam. If you expect the light to really get out there when you hit the high beams in a '99-04, you're going to be pretty disappointed in these bulbs. Mark took care of me on the issue, so his end was A+++.. The bulbs themselves just aren't designed right for these housings. I ran the LEDs for about 2 hours and switched them out for some Sylvania ZXEs. I couldn't be happier with my decision.

Last edited:

acf6

Reaction score
Thanks man, I actually just ordered them a few hours ago lol. I never use my high beams so they semeed like a good fit. I cant wait to see

Reaction score
Thanks man, I actually just ordered them a few hours ago lol. I never use my high beams so they semeed like a good fit. I cant wait to see

If you don't use your high beams at all, you'll be happy. If you ever do use your high beams though, don't expect to notice any difference at all over the low beams. I use my high beams daily, so not having the use of high beams was out of the question for me. Plus I hated the idea that the guy next to me with stock lights had the ability to see farther than me with my expensive bulbs. LOL

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Thanks for the information guys, we are selling a good bit of these lights. Recently there has been some question about the Fog Lights, we have found they Lifetime released a set of h10 fog lights, however we see that these will not work in the superduty trucks. We have still had good luck with the H10 single headlamp bulb, just put a set into the red truck. Anyone looking for pricing let me know, will be happy to get pricing sent out.

acf6

Reaction score
Thanks mark!

And hmm, was thinking about getting some LEDs for the fog lights eventually as well. May just put in some 2x2 or 3x3 cubes instead

acf6

Reaction score
quick question, i noticed that the little rings seperate from the headlights themselves. Are the rings supposed to go into the headlight housing first by themselves? or are they supposed to twist in together? it feels like im going to strip the headlight out if i try twisting them in together...and yes im probably just retarded but i figured i would ask. do they just press into the headlight housing and thats it?

1513190_10152517779934031_3223884709265570087_n.jpg

Last edited:

PatriotHauling

Reaction score
quick question, i noticed that the little rings seperate from the headlights themselves. Are the rings supposed to go into the headlight housing first by themselves? or are they supposed to twist in together? it feels like im going to strip the headlight out if i try twisting them in together...and yes im probably just retarded but i figured i would ask. do they just press into the headlight housing and thats it?

1513190_10152517779934031_3223884709265570087_n.jpg

On mine it was like an adapter. I screwed it onto the bulb then inserted the bulb into the headlight housing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Put the adapter ring on the bulb and put the bulb in just like you would your stock bulbs.. You will need to use the lock that you used for your stock bulbs and you will have to cut them down in order for them to work correctly.

acf6

Reaction score
Cool, that is what another buddy told me last night as well. Had them installed anyways last night and this morning...they are awesome

10409421_10152520161244031_2619751344301789323_n.jpg

Last edited:

Jake

Reaction score
I'm interested also. Set for 00 super duty and an 05 explorer. I also need some driving lights for the sd

acf6

Reaction score
SEE!!!! can't burn the truck down the first time it does something. I swear the like to fix themselves after a week or two sometimes.

Didn't want to say anything but this morning the fog lights made both high beams turn on. Lmao