If you had to do your build all over...,

Cycle_xpressions

Reaction score
I have been meaning to ask this for quite sometime. I am very early in my build (intake, uppies, hutch/harpoon and gauges).

What would you do if you had to do it all over again. What mod was not worth the price/effort?

Knowing what you know now what would be your ideal setup (fuel, tunes, trans, mods etc)

Thanks
Josh

JLDickmon

Reaction score
if I knew then what I know now, I would have gone with a stronger trans build.. I wasn't counting on the ALL STEEL three-horse slant with living qtrs. gosh DANG that thing is heavy.. then put a couple of draft horses in it.. you KNOW that thing is back there.. I may have re-geared the axles as well.. try to get the 2,000-2,200 rpm sweet spot these 7.3's have at right around 62-65 rather than 70mph

Arisley

Reaction score
I would have left my truck stock. With the exception of the fuel system and tunes.
Way cheaper to go fast in a Old Chevy, Ford or Dodge car. Tow it with a super reliable, fun to drive dually Superduty.

Cycle_xpressions

Reaction score
That is nuts that more of you than not are saying they would do less mods.

I to am concerned about my trans. I know it is something I need to do but darn it's expensive to get a john woods type tranny.

I am getting ready to make my mistakes as I am just starting my build. It is a slow process setting aside the funds

mustube

Reaction score
If you're ever going to go bigger with injectors and/or tires, a BTS will be cheaper in the long run.

JD3020

Reaction score
BTS or similar(although mine has been going strong), and then run mild hybrids with a t4 turbo in the 66mm range. Get it right around 450hp and run the piss out of it. Although i've put 30k miles on my truck with large injectors, and stock turbo's and i've been fairly pleased with it. Its sorta nice blowing up $100 turbo's instead of HG's, busting out rods, or grenading drive line parts. LOL Just wish i had a better turbo and up-pipes.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Actually I would have the exact thing I have now but I would change my driving style.... its hard on chit when you are WOT all the time lol..

Blowby

Reaction score
That is nuts that more of you than not are saying they would do less mods.

I to am concerned about my trans. I know it is something I need to do but darn it's expensive to get a john woods type tranny.

I am getting ready to make my mistakes as I am just starting my build. It is a slow process setting aside the funds

....if you have financial difficulty paying for a BTS tranny then you better stop now. :doh:

Latest posts

Members online