If you had to do your build all over...,

Jomax

Reaction score
I wouldn't do anything different. Did all the work myself minus the built trans, so that helped a ton. I don't regret building up my truck one bit. It out pulls all the new trucks and tows amazing. Towing is the main reason for the mods, and I'm a happy camper. I don't WOT it all the time which helps keeping it together.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Cycle_xpressions

Reaction score
My number one concern is towing as well as I have a huge raptor 5th wheel waiting to be towed.

I see a few have the 6.0 ic I have not read up on that mod. I know about the 6.0 trans cooler just not the ic.

I pulled the stock exhaust out this afternoon then got rain delayed. Have a new mbrp 4" in the garage waiting to go in. The down pipe looks like it's going to be a handful to install.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
My number one concern is towing as well as I have a huge raptor 5th wheel waiting to be towed.

I see a few have the 6.0 ic I have not read up on that mod. I know about the 6.0 trans cooler just not the ic.

I pulled the stock exhaust out this afternoon then got rain delayed. Have a new mbrp 4" in the garage waiting to go in. The down pipe looks like it's going to be a handful to install.
thats not hard at all. removing the old stuff is the hardest part.

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
It's a never ending process.... Just go stupid with it once and get it out of the way now that I've done it I wish I could go back to the stock truck with some good tunes and drive the ***n wheels off of it. At a certain point you're too far in to go back. If you wanted to tow all damn day long 238/xxx and a 38r let'er eat pete.

Jomax

Reaction score

I saw about a 50 degree difference with the 6.0 IC.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

TyCorr

Reaction score
It's a never ending process.... Just go stupid with it once and get it out of the way now that I've done it I wish I could go back to the stock truck with some good tunes and drive the ***n wheels off of it. At a certain point you're too far in to go back. If you wanted to tow all damn day long 238/xxx and a 38r let'er eat pete.

How far did you wind up going?

Good advice too.

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
Compounds 400/400 all the goodies to go with and a cracked head or block modification. Not sure which yet just kinda put it on the back burner for awhile

TyCorr

Reaction score
Stock forged its by no means catastrophic failure just enough for me not to want to drive it

I dont drive mine and it's totally fine...injectors have 250 miles on them..ha ha...trans is brand new...however many miles it was to my house from having it done...I started it two weeks ago and moved it to an empty chunk of asphalt to mow and dont anticipate starting it anytime soon... LOL

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
I'm much better at breaking things than I am finding the time to fix them.. Got my 7.3 down and my 6.4 collapsed a lifter within two months of being tuned

TyCorr

Reaction score
I'm much better at breaking things than I am finding the time to fix them.. Got my 7.3 down and my 6.4 collapsed a lifter within two months of being tuned

Thats a pretty common 6.4 story. Im interested in them but reluctant to buy something that cant be driven regularly without tons of maintenance.

Latest posts

Members online