(Insert cleaver build thread name here) Build Thread

madman1234509

Reaction score
You could wait and try to find a good deal on a good used block, unless you want to go new due to possibly having a warranty. The difference in price would net you close to what rods cost. I'm just thinking even of you have to wait and save, it may be worth the truck being down that extra amount of time. Luckily you're saving a lot doing it yourself.

You'll spend more in the long run having to do it all over again if you ever need rods. And with a 1000hp goal one day, its a very real possibility.

webb06

Reaction score
Did your rods go? And 3400 for rods is a good chunk of change, I plan on buying a new block from ford for 4000$ mine is toast, kinda tough to pay almost as much for rods as a block. But I'll have to look into it bow

Give a site sponsor a call. I'm sure someone will cut you a deal on rods.

As far as the block i'd be looking around for a good core block rather than pay $4000 for a new one from ford.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Ive never driven at 5000 feet but you may not even be able to get a 900 hp turbo to spool without nitrous up there :p . There seems to always be 1 or 2 guys at dpc that go with some huge turbo or compounds and its just a leggy Smokey mess on the dyno. Us low landers take our good air for granted :p

pog

Reaction score
ill chime in. ive ran a s472 for sometime now. a single is great if you run over 2500rpm to feel the power. street driving it isn't that all powerful over a stock a tuned truck. my combo has been 33's+highstall tc+3.73+60% tips. the power curve is very low below that rpm. don't get me wrong, once you're above that rpm it takes off and burns all sorts of rubber. just my 2 cents

madman1234509

Reaction score
Yea, so if you're saying good power 2500 and over, poor power under the curve.... Its only going to get way worse at 5000 feet. There is a reason guys llike J.D are running vgt set ups. Maybe he will chime in as he probably has some of the best experience at altitude.

pog

Reaction score
yeah exactly. i'm not bashing a single by any means. if you like to sustain higher rpm to feel the power than by all means do it. what i've come to realize is that i am rarely above that rpm range and it's kind of useless to me. at higher elevation it will only be worse.

Stroked777

Reaction score
Honestly hen. Was driving out here I didn't notice much of a power loss at all while climbing elevation, and I started at 200ft and now I'm at 5200ft above sea level

Cknox121

Reaction score
Did your rods go? And 3400 for rods is a good chunk of change, I plan on buying a new block from ford for 4000$ mine is toast, kinda tough to pay almost as much for rods as a block. But I'll have to look into it bow

4 where bent. Running HD300 tuning, 71/stock vgt and a 66 single.

If you want to do a single, and can afford it, do the H&S kit. Not a ton of power over stock, but it sounds sick and drives just like the stock chargers. I ran it as well. Could slap a 75 or larger in front down the road with fuel

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

madman1234509

Reaction score
You probably won't notice a power loss with how small the stock chargers are, and the vgt. The power loss is even more exaggerated with a bigger turbo or turbos that are non vgt

ingrahams

Reaction score
give Jared at RCD a call, he gave me a great deal on my R&R rods. I waited until I could afford rods, didnt want to do the job twice. I know it seems like alot (and it is) but you will have peace of mind everytime you hit the loud pedal...for the most part.
-Stew

Poglife

Reaction score
I would find a good used block over buying a new one 4k is ridiculous I paid $400 for mine and just bored it .20 over and all was good same thing for the heads think I paid $400 for those also got them decked magnafluxed, valve job and all was good. just throwing it out there I could buy 4 used blocks and head and get them fixed to brand new for the price of one block from ford

Stroked777

Reaction score
Well if anyone has a lead on a good block for me let me know, I will have cash in hand. As soon as my tax return comes. Lol
And I buy everything I can from jared at rigger city diesel. He had never done me wrong and I bought almost everything from them the first go around, push rods, springs, a cam and I think my studs as well

sootie

Reaction score
Call Morgan @ Midwest 217-691-1909. he gets a good deal on blocks. 4k is outrageous imo.

maybe prices have skyrocketed dunno