(Insert cleaver build thread name here) Build Thread

madman1234509

Reaction score
I hear ya, I would think others are running them. Never know what shops install them on trucks with owners who don't really go on the forums.

Stroked777

Reaction score
Yeah I wanna know how they do. I'll be beyond pissed if a lifter takes out my motor again. I want it to go out on my own terms, to much nitrous or to much Hp

Reaction score
We have been using these in our engines for a while now about a few years. We have them for 6.0/6.4 and also have them for 7.3 and they have been great!!! We only pair our lifters with COLT cams. I'm not saying you can't run them on others. But COLT offers the quality control I want for our builds and our customers.

If you guys have any questions ask. I don't get a chance to get on here much as we are very tied up with our new turbo setup for the 6.4's . but to stay on point with this post these lifters have been great for us ! We have them in stock ready to go out .

Here is the link .http://www.sideactiondiesel.com/SADP-ROLLER-60-64-POWERSTROKE-LIFTERS-_p_36.html

madman1234509

Reaction score
I was unaware that they've been available for years.... I wish I knew that since I've done head gaskets on two of my trucks and replaced the lifters :p . Good to know you've had some time on them though!

Stroked777

Reaction score
Got another up date. Was able to find a guy parting out a engine. I drive up to look at what he had and it is in really good shape for having 120k on it. The motor was pulled because it hydro locked. I looked the entire engine over and only noticed scuff marks at the bottom of the stroke on cyl 7 but they aren't bad and you can't catch a finger nail on them, so they should be able to be honed out. Also looked at the heads and they looked to be in great shape and couldn't see any visible cracks. So I offered the guy 600 for the block, rotating assembly and the heads and he took the offer. I'm super pumped I scored all that for 600 bucks when I initially budgeted for a new bare block and new heads. So now my grand plan is starting to take shape. Just gotta look for a machine shop that is good in the area to take the block too. Still won't probably be until August when I start to tear in to it, as I'm looking for houses and would like to rebuild it in my garage and not my apartment.

Stroked777

Reaction score
Yeah I can't go wrong with it. The block looks good and even if it turns out for some reason it's not I still made out because the heads are perfect, also I'll have two blocks, one will be built and the other might become a coffe table or an anchor lol

Black AOD

Reaction score
Damn, that is a good deal. Are you going to have the heads checked just to be safe?

Stroked777

Reaction score
Well I got the motor home safe and sound. Can't wait to start to tear it apart. Might take the heads apart on a lunch break this week

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,012.2 KB · Views: 133

Stroked777

Reaction score
So I got my old heads back with my upgrade valve springs and the valve springs I got from RCD the first round has some surface rust, should I be fine reusing them or has the rust possibly weakened them? The rust wipes right away. But I don't want one to break and drop a valve

Stroked777

Reaction score
Well hopefully I'll be getting the ball rolling on this build soon. I'm not on here as much as I use to be, what new products have came out that I should consider for reliability at a 700-800hp power range. Also what are everyone's thoughts on a red white and blue paint scheme for the engine? white block, heads and valve covers blue and accessories would be red. If I'm taking the motor out I would like to dress it up a little. Also what would be a good manual to use that's has procedures and specs for rebuilding a 6.4. And where could I get one

Last edited:

madman1234509

Reaction score
700-800hp. The typical studs, valve springs, push rods. May want to look at side action diesels new lifters. Other than that unless you're doing pistons and what not, the standard stuff seems to hold up well in that power range

Stroked777

Reaction score
Ok I guess I'll stick to not painting it. What about studs? Should I go with a stronger stud? I don't feel like having to find a 1/2 torque wrench that will go to 250, should I do a stud with a lower torque value?

Latest posts

Members online