(Insert cleaver build thread name here) Build Thread

webb06

Reaction score
Well if anyone has a lead on a good block for me let me know, I will have cash in hand. As soon as my tax return comes. Lol
And I buy everything I can from jared at rigger city diesel. He had never done me wrong and I bought almost everything from them the first go around, push rods, springs, a cam and I think my studs as well

I've got a complete core engine crated up I could sell you. Pm me if interested

Stroked777

Reaction score
Well got my tax return. I just gotta find a block soo can start to order parts. I hate to order Pistons and then find out I find a block that needs to be bored

ncollins64

Reaction score
That's good to know. The former engineer at navistar is working with us now and warned Me to not get the reman spray welded blocks. He wasn't sure if we could buy new or not

Stroked777

Reaction score
I can't wait to start. Just had some stuff come up so I gotta push it back a little more before I start. Probably will start the build once I get a house with a garage. If things work out I might start the build while still in my apartment LOL

Stroked777

Reaction score
I got everything straightened out since I moved out here and now will start to save the money for the build. So hopefully I can get the build done before the end of the year. I was just wondering what the reviews are on the Performance lifters that I believe side action diesel came out with? Are they holding up? I figured seeing that a lifter wiped out my motor that I should upgrade them. And I can't remember my original build list (and too lazy to look back) I am gunna also do a billet 66 single altitude doesn't matter to me and neither does the lag. I'll run the 66 on stock fuel and then when I get around to it I'll do dual pumps, injectors and a 72 or 75... Just can't wait to start this build

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I got everything straightened out since I moved out here and now will start to save the money for the build. So hopefully I can get the build done before the end of the year. I was just wondering what the reviews are on the Performance lifters that I believe side action diesel came out with? Are they holding up? I figured seeing that a lifter wiped out my motor that I should upgrade them. And I can't remember my original build list (and too lazy to look back) I am gunna also do a billet 66 single altitude doesn't matter to me and neither does the lag. I'll run the 66 on stock fuel and then when I get around to it I'll do dual pumps, injectors and a 72 or 75... Just can't wait to start this build

The lag my billet S366 has is very little once I got my GH tunes all the problems that I had with PIP tunes are gone now all we gotta get tuned in is my TC lockup.

I have 22's 35's and 3.55's and 3 inch lift so the bottom end was very weak (with the PIP tunes the truck was very hard to drive and was a smokey laggy pig.)

Bottom end is awesome turbo light really fast now overall Matt nailed the engine tune.

egts top at 1400 WOT.

Once the TC locks the truck pulls.

I love driving the truck now LOL.

Black AOD

Reaction score

I'll know very soon about the lifters, my cab went back down yesterday after my new motor going in. You can see them in Red in that parts layout....sorry, didn't get any close ups :(

http://s8.postimg.org/ihuoluzqt/cab_back_on.jpg

http://s23.postimg.org/c32jluyln/Parts_Layout_1.jpg

Klausen is running them as well I think? His motor is done, I just don't know where he's at with the truck running. His setup is way crazier than mine anyway. I'll let you know here in about 1-2 weeks once I have the truck back

madman1234509

Reaction score
1-2 weeks? You honestly need to put thousands of miles on these before you can really say they are any better. Not just start the truck up and say, yep they work. Durability and longevity is the name of the game with these things. I'd really want to know how many trucks are out there running them and how many miles they've been in the trucks.

Black AOD

Reaction score
1-2 weeks? You honestly need to put thousands of miles on these before you can really say they are any better. Not just start the truck up and say, yep they work. Durability and longevity is the name of the game with these things. I'd really want to know how many trucks are out there running them and how many miles they've been in the trucks.

To clarify,

I typed that post barely being awake. I get the truck back soon. I will keep the the OP updated if he so desires once I have it back and am putting miles on it. I realize it needs miles on it to see how they hold up for longevity....I don't know who else is running these lifters yet to be honest other than Klausen and I. I'm sure there are others who are who can have better input but idk who or where they are.