Installing GTP-38R and new pedestal

aceltx

Reaction score
Finished! Got a nice whistle now...love it not to loud but loud enough. Havent really stepped on it yet want to make sure everything right and no leaks. I got this turbo from diesel orings and I didnt realize it came with full set of directions for a powerstroke 7.3 with pictures detailed and everything...didnt find them until itook turbo out of box to install. It didnt say anything about adjusting the waist gate it was already set up, aside from intake and 4" down to 5" exhaust truck is stock, should I leave it alone?
I set EBPV arm on pedestal same as old one that should be fine...right?
Aside feom nice whistle, i dont get the fluttering anymore like old turbo and it seems to gain boost a lot quicker now. When I idle it up to 1200rpm I get a little blue smoke,oil, dont remember seeing that before.Will take it for a good ride 2morow. Thanks for all the help, i did pedestal, pass. Fuel line ebpv sensor and tube and 2 wheel bearings last night and today. That should be good for awhile.

Reaction score
They are setup for factory power level I believe, probably set to open around 22-24 lbs of boost, you don't need it to open at all with stock injectors

aceltx

Reaction score
Ok, so give me a quick lesson on adjusting it. Turn it in I increase when it opens? Turn it out I lower when it opens? All I know about the waist gate is the parts that make it up. You saying I should just leave it the way it came?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Ok, so give me a quick lesson on adjusting it. Turn it in I increase when it opens? Turn it out I lower when it opens? All I know about the waist gate is the parts that make it up. You saying I should just leave it the way it came?
turn it in so it makes it shorter and hard to get back on the little post. as tight as you can.

live life full throttle

aceltx

Reaction score
Ok, what will that do over the stock position it came in? Just bever activate waste gate because I wont need it with syock injectors?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Ok, what will that do over the stock position it came in? Just bever activate waste gate because I wont need it with syock injectors?
correct. i have mine locked tight on stage 2s... she loves it!

live life full throttle

Reaction score
Yup
correct. i have mine locked tight on stage 2s... she loves it!

live life full throttle
And yup, he's right, you don't want it opening unless it actually needs to be, and yours don't need to be

aceltx

Reaction score
K, i am gonna run it 2morow and see, is there anyway yo know if its opening? Will I be able to hear/known when its open?

dsberman94

Reaction score
What psi will a 7.3 usually push the heads off. And does anybody know what size the little clip is that holds the wastegate rod on is? I'll be messing with mine when I throw the new injectors in and I want to have a spare incase the one on it breaks from heat or whatever.

ghohouston

Reaction score
You can definitely hear the stock wastegate open, and if you have a scanner, you could monitor map, and calculate from that...

ghohouston

Reaction score
I sure can. Buddy brought a stock SD home from work to have me look at it/test drive it the other week, and you could definitely hear it open up. I've noticed it on alot of stockers I've driven. Obviously depends on how the w/g was adjusted as well. At work, we would always crank em down pretty good upon installation, so didn't hear em often then, but side jobs, etc, I always hear them open...

brackin2000pstroke

Reaction score
What psi will a 7.3 usually push the heads off. And does anybody know what size the little clip is that holds the wastegate rod on is? I'll be messing with mine when I throw the new injectors in and I want to have a spare incase the one on it breaks from heat or whatever.
Good question kinda curious myself.. Hit 47 pounds tonight.. Time to start using my gate now.. Finally got some hot hot tunes

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

psduser1

Reaction score
Good question kinda curious myself.. Hit 47 pounds tonight.. Time to start using my gate now.. Finally got some hot hot tunes

You won't lift the heads at 47lbs, assuming there isn't an existing problem.

However, your turbo won't last long.:D

brackin2000pstroke

Reaction score
how the hell did you hit 47lbs?

live life full throttle
Hot tunes 180 injectors and a 38r.. Idk.. I've been riding 36-37 pounds until tonight TW sent me some new tunes trying to fix some problems and all of a sudden I'm hitting 47lbs.. My mechanical only shows 33 but my insight is showing the bigger numbers

Latest posts

Members online