Installing GTP-38R and new pedestal

Rupp250

Reaction score
I've been looking for someone that has that clip in stock. Or is a standard size that the local auto store will have.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Hot tunes 180 injectors and a 38r.. Idk.. I've been riding 36-37 pounds until tonight TW sent me some new tunes trying to fix some problems and all of a sudden I'm hitting 47lbs.. My mechanical only shows 33 but my insight is showing the bigger numbers

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk
where does the insight pull its reading from?

live life full throttle

dsberman94

Reaction score
I just need a size on the clip. Lowes or a larger hardware store would probably have one. But I guarantee there's one somewhere at my work. And I just realized I have a junk turbo laying around to use as a tester to get the right one. Just have to find it now. The one coming off that turbo broke so I don't have it, which is why I'm afraid to mess with this one without a spare.

What's the number for the heads though. a 38r is only rated for around 30psi iirc.

brackin2000pstroke

Reaction score
I just need a size on the clip. Lowes or a larger hardware store would probably have one. But I guarantee there's one somewhere at my work. And I just realized I have a junk turbo laying around to use as a tester to get the right one. Just have to find it now. The one coming off that turbo broke so I don't have it, which is why I'm afraid to mess with this one without a spare.

What's the number for the heads though. a 38r is only rated for around 30psi iirc.
A 38r is rated for a recommended 40 psi max.

brackin2000pstroke

Reaction score

The map line is tied into the intake spider cluster **** that goes straight to heads.. As far as I'm aware there is no other way to view boost actually in the head

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Map sensor and my mechanical boost gauges is in the map line

your chit is ***ed up. map shouldn't read over 28psi. factory max setting.. trust your mechanical more then anything. and to keep your map sensor healthy you need to put a boost fooler between your mechanical boost gauge and the map sensor since you can damage the diaphragm in the map sensor. you have the wastgate locked tight?
That's the max but I thought the rating for sustained pressures was low 30s. 32 sounds right with a max of 40.
38 all day long
I'm over spinning it this point.. Waste gate is jambed shut..

just answered my question...

live life full throttle

Last edited: