Its had enough

big_stroker

Reaction score
Well it fired right up this morning... let it warm up and headed to town (10 miles away). Almost to the fuel station it died at a stop light and didn't have enough batteries to crank it over to start. My uncle came and pull started me. All was fine and I got fuel and headed home. Almost home it dies when I push in the clutch to take the corner off the high way... put it in a lower gear and roll started it fine and it took off... got to another corner and died again and couldn't get it fired. Got pulled home... now it won't start. Same thing. 0 ICP 75% DC and 25 psi low pressure oil. I'm about to roll the dam thing off a cliff!

PSD POWER007

Reaction score
Mine was injector orings when it did this. Would start every time with cold oil. As soon as the oil got hot and thinned out, no start every time. If that's your problem, pull the VC and you will be able to tell quickly.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
You don't have to figure out what's wrong right when it happens. Think about it, ask on here, and plan what your gonna do. In the same boat as you.

big_stroker

Reaction score
So... the IPR plug was shot so I changed it out along with. Leand the IPR and put it back together... started up and all was good let it ideal for about 30 mind and drove it about 20 miles and it dies. Now I only have 3 psi of low pressure oil and o ICP at 74% DC. Think I could have a bad injector O-ring. I know they were new when put together but I'm not sure what else would cause low oil pressure at warm temp.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Or just jack the ass end up high when it dies. If it starts and runs its a pickup tube.

The fact that it starts and runs cold makes me think the pickup is fine. Harder to suck up cold thick oil than warm thin oil.

I think something is leaking and when the oil thins out it leaks faster than the lpop can keep up.

Is the hop res empty when it dies?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
so you drove it 10 miles and it didnt have enough battery to start again as in you had to crank and crank on it when trying to start it?

you either have a bad lpop or a very very large leak in the hpop area...

live life full throttle

big_stroker

Reaction score
Or just jack the ass end up high when it dies. If it starts and runs its a pickup tube.

The fact that it starts and runs cold makes me think the pickup is fine. Harder to suck up cold thick oil than warm thin oil.

I think something is leaking and when the oil thins out it leaks faster than the lpop can keep up.

Is the hop res empty when it dies?

I didn't look yesterday if it was empty or not when it died I just got it home and went inside.

When i went to crank it this morning i have 45 psi of low pressure oil and about the same ICP after cranking it for 3 or 4 minutes. I might just pull the valve covers to see if i have a bad injector o-ring even though they were all brand new and just installed before i got the motor back.

PSD POWER007

Reaction score
What orings did you use? The ones that came new on my PIS injectors didn't last 5k miles. The upper square ring completely eroded. Happened to me 3 times. Each time I went to International and got replacement rings. After the third time I replaced all 8 sets. The International rings that I put on showed no signs of wear, where as all the rings that came on the injectors were going to fail at some point as they all were eroding at different rates. Now I ONLY use Alliant rings. Just an FYI

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Got PIS injectors and probably have the same issue.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.