Its had enough

dsberman94

Reaction score
It was suggested that that's what it was, but I refused to believe it. Guess I've got about $100 worth of orings to buy. And then dig the injectors out again. GREAT!!!

Arisley

Reaction score
Injectors are a six pack job. No problems. Stroker, I am betting the same thing for you. Did you replace injector o-rings on the motor rebuild. You know if they have been out of the motor and dry for very long, they need replaced, right. I bet if you pull your IPR back out, you find some fine injector o-ring particle crap in there.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Oh yea, I forget that I can do that now. It's easy at this point. Just a PITA. This will be the third time pulling them in under 3 years.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Nate put the injectors in from the sound of it. Doubt it has anything but Alliant orings in it.

I still think you have an IPR issue if res is full but you are not building ICP pressure. What did the IPR read when you cranked it and had 45# lpo?

big_stroker

Reaction score
Nate put the injectors in from the sound of it. Doubt it has anything but Alliant orings in it.

I still think you have an IPR issue if res is full but you are not building ICP pressure. What did the IPR read when you cranked it and had 45# lpo?

So now I can crank it and have 45# of low pressure oul and around 100 - 150 IPR. I have been put of town a lot the last week and not had time to touch it. I have pulled the IPR and cleaned it and have used both from my spare motor and the original one and same thing. Guessing HPOP. I have a spare just not had time to change them out yet.

dsberman94

Reaction score
^***. More bad news for me. Anyone ever warrantied a terminator pump?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dsberman94

Reaction score
Yep....LOL

Yea, I'm talking t500 with issues. Need to get a couple hydraulic fittings to test the pump though. I've got fittings for the rails, but not for just the pump yet. Later this week I'll have them.

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
Never had a problem with one of his pumps but he's a stand up guy and will fix it if it has a problem.

Yea, I'm talking t500 with issues. Need to get a couple hydraulic fittings to test the pump though. I've got fittings for the rails, but not for just the pump yet. Later this week I'll have them.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Yea I know he will, but had had such a blast pulling that thing out of there the first time, I just can't wait to do it again. I just love kneeling on that header panel for hours on end.

Can't add enough sarcasm in here.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Hours? One if your taking your time.

I've got a fuel bowl in the way. And last time I pulled the old one, finished at 3am. Went to bed, woke up at 7 to pick the GF up from work then headed straight to Carson stauffer's shop to get the t500, a few hour drive each way. Then came home and installed it that night. Buttoned everything else up the next morning, backed my truck out and bumper pushed a Cummins in.

Definitely takes me longer than an hour, and some cut up hands from the fan blades.

big_stroker

Reaction score
So I have a stripped bolt on the back of my hpop so just for shots I switched put the IPR again with the other used one I have that I have switch to before and the dam thing fired right up no issue. So my question is why when I switch out IPR's it will start and run till it gets hot then won't start anymore till I switch them out again?

Latest posts

Members online