Its had enough

Northwoods2002

Reaction score
I had this problem, once it stops running, take off tin nut and remove the solenoid. Use a multi-meter set to resistance and put it across contacts of solenoid. I had a solenoid that would have an open when hot, but when cold it would show continuity. Actually made a video of it, new IPR and works great. Old solenoid is in glove box as emergency spare.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Didn't csipsd Joe have this issue a while back when he was on the road? It'd only run for a bit and die. He'd swap out the ipr's and it'd fire and run for a while. Can't remember the outcome.

Layson

Reaction score
Didn't csipsd Joe have this issue a while back when he was on the road? It'd only run for a bit and die. He'd swap out the ipr's and it'd fire and run for a while. Can't remember the outcome.

We had Gordon's truck do that. Just the solenoid went out and it would run cold and not hot....LOL

The Brad

Reaction score
There's no coolant temp sensor, the PCM guesses based on oil temp. I had that same f'd up idle until I added Hotshots to the oil and it smoothed out. Next change will be without hotshots. If it's rough again, my injectors will become cores.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Thats a mis like an injector not hookedup/working or a dead hole, which I doubt.

This is just my experience, so take it with a grain of salt but mine always sounded "softer" when there is air in the system. And ive never really had those hpo issues after injectors. Put them in, crank it up (i fill the rails and res) back onto the road, moderate throttle for three blocks to the highway, turn right and mash it. Done. Stay in it until 60 and let off. Drive it good and then turn around and takeoff harder and its g2g.

big_stroker

Reaction score
Well I haven't had much time to work on it the last few weeks and it's still having issues so I'm loading it up and taking the whole truck over to Nate at Unlimited to see what's going on. I don't have time to mess with it right now.