Kc 1.5 or 2 (stock sticks)

slc6oh

Reaction score
got my tsd tunes paid for/ordered today, lets hope the spd & spd tow with reduced fuel comes up on the turbo easier at the tree... and just stays on it all together easier. as I'm not sure any of my current tunes have any sort of reduced fueling down low.

6 L chevy eater

Reaction score
i run a stage KC stage 2 on my tow rig, stock injectors, stock head bolts. i love it, and charlie is awesome to deal with. customer service is above and beyond

slc6oh

Reaction score
i run a stage KC stage 2 on my tow rig, stock injectors, stock head bolts. i love it, and charlie is awesome to deal with. customer service is above and beyond

I feel like your famous and I'm cooler now that you commented on my ****. haha

but yea, got some tunes from tsd (judging by the pay pal being kcturbos) I assume they are in it together... hopefully the shifting and stuff is better with the new tunes. that's my only real gripe... idp tow is better than gh tow, but gh srl+ is the go to for DD. and I don't think either is a reduced fuel tune, your triples light in a fraction of the time I could be to 4-5psi on this 62 . haha

id just be happy getting it to 60 like a stock charger truck again. haha

slc6oh

Reaction score
if i were famous, id be rich ! just giving my opinion on it, dont expect it to be like stock charger, tuning will get it close

haha that's no ****, jus bein a smartass. but yeah I get that it wont be and that injectors would really get it closer, but I just keep getting left with feeling like it could do better down low, no doubt it makes waaay more power than with the stock charger... but the jump for fuel system , injectors, then prob soon after a trans.. is a big jump. on an only vehicle/daily.

slc6oh

Reaction score
well, got some tsd tunes, paid for Thursday got em Saturday morning. Now that's service!!

All I can say is that the truck hasn't been this "right" from the beginning of the 362.
1.6ms SPDtow/street tune, I'm willing to bet makes the same power as the previous favorite srl+, weird having a tune that alive and supposedly able to tow with.. time will tell. but so far completely sold!! haven't even loaded on the SPD as I'm perfectly content with the tow/street one. shifts/firmness/responsiveness/lockup/th button od lockout all seem PERFICT!

KCTurbos

Reaction score
well, got some tsd tunes, paid for Thursday got em Saturday morning. Now that's service!!

All I can say is that the truck hasn't been this "right" from the beginning of the 362.
1.6ms SPDtow/street tune, I'm willing to bet makes the same power as the previous favorite srl+, weird having a tune that alive and supposedly able to tow with.. time will tell. but so far completely sold!! haven't even loaded on the SPD as I'm perfectly content with the tow/street one. shifts/firmness/responsiveness/lockup/th button od lockout all seem PERFICT!

I'm Glad it is working out. I LOVE MY TSD tunes. Especially with NON-VGT turbos. It is really night and day from other tunes. There shifting IMO is perfect and it spools so fast it makes the truck feel 5000lbs lighter. Also one of the cleanest tunes out there.

Also to answer the question about kc turbos vs TSD. We are two totally separate companies. TSD quit selling 6.0 tunes because he just did not have time. I was so disappointed, along with many others. I always recommended him with our KC Turbos because he has spent so much time on the dyno with them. I convinced him that I would help out and take a lot of the communication off his hands so he would not be so overburdened. So I take care of a lot of the emails/questions/billing for him and just just simply writes tunes. I hope that helps.

slc6oh

Reaction score
I'm Glad it is working out. I LOVE MY TSD tunes. Especially with NON-VGT turbos. It is really night and day from other tunes. There shifting IMO is perfect and it spools so fast it makes the truck feel 5000lbs lighter. Also one of the cleanest tunes out there.

Also to answer the question about kc turbos vs TSD. We are two totally separate companies. TSD quit selling 6.0 tunes because he just did not have time. I was so disappointed, along with many others. I always recommended him with our KC Turbos because he has spent so much time on the dyno with them. I convinced him that I would help out and take a lot of the communication off his hands so he would not be so overburdened. So I take care of a lot of the emails/questions/billing for him and just just simply writes tunes. I hope that helps.

Sweet, yea that makes sense. But yea, when switching tunes, i like being nice for a couple days before doing a 0-whatever wot run, or seeing about on the brake spool up, so next couple days ill see what shes really got.. Still gotta try regular spd and see what its like in the next little while. I liked the srl+, dont get ne wrong... But for my daily commute.. This tune is dead on

akmaineiac88

Reaction score
I have an 05 6.0, got the head studs done about a year ago. 4" turbo back straight exhaust with a livewire sct. I haven't done injectors yet but I wanted to upgrade turbos. I tow occasionally, mostly sleds in the winter and I also have a 20' camper. I talked with Charlie at KC and decided the stage 2 was the way to go. I live in Alaska but he did not charge me any extra which is unheard of! It arrived on time and was packaged really professionally. It was a super easy install that I did by myself in not very much time at all. Dropped right into place. The turbo performs perfectly! I've got the SPD tune on it and the truck straight rips and when I need to tow it does it with ease. Will be upgrading injectors next and can't wait to see what she'll do. I highly recommend Charlie at KC turbos and any of their products!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

slc6oh

Reaction score
well guys, while I'm overall pleased with my current s362 & stock stick setup in a daily driver setup, and my tsd tunes are by far the best ive had yet, I just really hate feeling like I have to baby sit to the extent that I do to keep on the turbo while towing. or say trying to pass even at say 60mph in od its just not even there... the thing makes flat out impressive power, and if I go from a dig to say 1/2 to 3/4 throttle the charger is there and stays pulling the entire way up. Knowing a bump in injectors and fuel pump would help a lot, that's just gonna put me into the "need a built trans" relm. and Meh... not really trying to be there any time soon. While going fast in the truck is great.. its my only vehicle, and gotta keep it tame. Ill buy another mustang for a toy in the near future.

With all that being said, the truck still needs to be "fun" to drive, While towing great. I'm picky in the towing department... And after countless Hours reading whever I can find forums talking about the 1.5 I Decided to pull the trigger and get a 1.5 comin. Working with a local shop (sob performance) to get it and tunes comin, (yes I could go direct, but supporting a local/buddies business any time I can is what I try to do).

driving joeys (I think hes 94broncodude on here) 68mm vgt with 190/30 injectors, and it being more right there even in stop and go light throttle than my 62 definitely prusuaded me that much more. And my few buddies with stock stock trucks.. I jus miss it lol.

I feel that the 1.5 will still prob use every ounce of the stock injectors. Or at least should be damn close. Although I'm not expecting the same pull I get locked up in direct with the 62..

Heres to hoping the turbo gets here fairly quick, as I'm excited. lol

oh and the whistle. kinda miss that too. hahah

KCTurbos

Reaction score
well guys, while I'm overall pleased with my current s362 & stock stick setup in a daily driver setup, and my tsd tunes are by far the best ive had yet, I just really hate feeling like I have to baby sit to the extent that I do to keep on the turbo while towing. or say trying to pass even at say 60mph in od its just not even there... the thing makes flat out impressive power, and if I go from a dig to say 1/2 to 3/4 throttle the charger is there and stays pulling the entire way up. Knowing a bump in injectors and fuel pump would help a lot, that's just gonna put me into the "need a built trans" relm. and Meh... not really trying to be there any time soon. While going fast in the truck is great.. its my only vehicle, and gotta keep it tame. Ill buy another mustang for a toy in the near future.

With all that being said, the truck still needs to be "fun" to drive, While towing great. I'm picky in the towing department... And after countless Hours reading whever I can find forums talking about the 1.5 I Decided to pull the trigger and get a 1.5 comin. Working with a local shop (sob performance) to get it and tunes comin, (yes I could go direct, but supporting a local/buddies business any time I can is what I try to do).

driving joeys (I think hes 94broncodude on here) 68mm vgt with 190/30 injectors, and it being more right there even in stop and go light throttle than my 62 definitely prusuaded me that much more. And my few buddies with stock stock trucks.. I jus miss it lol.

I feel that the 1.5 will still prob use every ounce of the stock injectors. Or at least should be damn close. Although I'm not expecting the same pull I get locked up in direct with the 62..

Heres to hoping the turbo gets here fairly quick, as I'm excited. lol

oh and the whistle. kinda miss that too. hahah

Send me an email and we might be able to work something special out.

[email protected]