Kingzilla build!

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
Patience on the heads. Mine & Zooks are the only ones out right now, I dont think Ken's are even off the mill

These are still just modified heads.

People need to be patient and wait for what the new 6.4 heads do.

Its going to revolutionize this platform
Billet? SO excited for details on these! I had to carry a 6.0 head across the field at Rudy's (save the rest of the story for another day) and looking at them, the size of the ports are just pitiful. Can't wait to see a good and hopefully somewhat affordable replacement!

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Billet? SO excited for details on these! I had to carry a 6.0 head across the field at Rudy's (save the rest of the story for another day) and looking at them, the size of the ports are just pitiful. Can't wait to see a good and hopefully somewhat affordable replacement!

Not billet

Its not necessary

Cast heads will do just fine.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I understand that. Probably makes the price more friendly anyway. Are they custom casts or just ported?

Mine & Zooks are just very intensely ported and worked.

2015 will bring about aftermarket castings, relocated and reworked valves/bowls, newly designed intake/exhaust ported & runners. Jeremy and I are expected a new intake manifold as a necessity, but in all reality it will be a lot better to design a piece of aluminum port that Jeremy can produce that will clear stock/modified turbos and surpass any potential the stock manifold ever had.

Just wait, you'll see some cool chit coming down the pipeline very soon!

swinky

Reaction score
Thanks again hoe. Is this something that can be done for 6liters as well?

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Question though, I realize I will break a lot of crap with this compound setup. But can 47 hold atleast 5 or so passes? The 5r is a ticking time bomb at that power
Yes, I'd call TRE diesel. If i remember right he said he hasnt had the trans out of his 1100 hp drag truck in three years. He taught the firepunk diesel guy that built pretty much all the dodge trans in this years DPC that held up awesome! Which if you cant get ahold of Tim at TRE I'd call Firepunk.

Motostroker

Reaction score
Biggest issue I'm running Into trying to find a adapter plate for 6.4 to 47. I'll need one custom. Still trying to decide what to do trans wise. Having a hard time finding parts

swinky

Reaction score
Not for a race truck. Even if a 5r does hold up the shifting of a 4r will still help him pick up some time.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Not for a race truck. Even if a 5r does hold up the shifting of a 4r will still help him pick up some time.

Except I don't think anyone has run a 5r in a single cab drag truck, so that is really hard to say. It may not act as funky at high power in a drag truck with the lighter weight.... just thinking out loud. But doesn't the shift sequence in the 4r have less parts to move? I'm not all that familiar with them

swinky

Reaction score
Except I don't think anyone has run a 5r in a single cab drag truck, so that is really hard to say. It may not act as funky at high power in a drag truck with the lighter weight.... just thinking out loud. But doesn't the shift sequence in the 4r have less parts to move? I'm not all that familiar with them
Yeah they do. Mike Dominguez had a 5r in a rclb and picked up 2 tenths going to a 4r. A 4r just sounds Soo much happier being pushed. Haller is testing out a 2-4-6 shift pattern in a 5r with elite. Looks promising as well. Many people in here no better than I do but just listening to a built 5r vs 4r going through the gears is insane.

Jbenso127

Reaction score

There has been quite a few people run 5Rs in single cabs. I only know of a couple that have had success.

Seeing the success Craig is having, and many other people are having, with the 47, that would be a sweet option, if you could swing it.. That seems like an expensive set up though. I don't see why a 4R wouldn't suite your needs Drake.. Plenty of people having success with them in their 9sec drag trucks. H&S was going 9.20s, iirc, in their triple turbo 6.7 in the 4wd dodge single cab, with a 4R. I don't know how many runs they were getting out of it though.

shmoozer

Reaction score
I feel like a built 47 would live longer in most applications than a built 4R or 5R. Don't they shift quicker as well?

Latest posts

Members online