Kingzilla build!

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I think you guys missed the main point. While there are severe differences in torque output and power curve, the suspension in our trucks do absolutely nothing for traction and weight transfer. At least that's what I think madman was trying to say.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Yes. Our suspension is ment for hauling and heavy payload. It is wayy to heavy duty for a purpose built drag truck. He for the most part, has stated he wants to build this truck to compete with the big names like Dimitri and Milliken. Light weight suspension that actually functions as a purpose drag race vehicle, and transfers weight to the rear/lifts the front, and slicks. He's not going to have any issues as a short bed if set up right. H*'ll look and the guys running 2wd short beds with big tires, they have ridiculous power and don't have issues. But they don't have 3/4 ton suspension.

Only issue is the fabrication and setting it up is a ton more money and time invested. There is no suspension kit for a drag truck like there are turbo kits and what not, so you'll have to pay $$$ for a fab shop/chassis shop that knows what they are doing.

Last edited:

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I wouldn't say they don't have issues, even with a truck that's back halved and 4 linked you will spend a ton of time setting up getting things right.

But I agree ultimately if you make so much power that 4x4 can't effectively bail you out, weight transfer and the ability to adjust suspension is needed.

Plenty of ways to skin a cat, basically comes down to what this truck is going to be purposed for.

Super Diesel

Reaction score
I guess it's up in the air. I really want to lower it and short bed conversion. Goal is a very compact death trap with a cage

Haha, well - do the conversion then! I was just giving some input. To be honest, I don't know how much weight you lose when you do the conversion. Everyone always talks about how much less RCSB's weigh than RCLB's - but I don't think anyone's really done the math. 200lbs maybe? Depends on other things too, like which fuel cell you go with and all of that. But I doubt it's much more than that, especially if you reinforce the cut frame by boxing it in, plating it, and adding gussets... **** adds up quick.

No doubt you can make a RCSB hook off the line, I was simply stating that keeping it a longbed would make hooking easier. You'll still have to spend money to keep 2,000+ (maybe even 3,000) lbs/tq planted on the ground, but I would bet that you'd have an easier time getting faster et's and trap speeds with a longbed.

Again, whatever your decision is - this is going to be pretty awesome. If you do the shortbed conversion and have any questions, feel free to ask! Would definitely be cool to see a RCSB Ford making insane power like this, going down the track!

swinky

Reaction score
Haha, well - do the conversion then! I was just giving some input. To be honest, I don't know how much weight you lose when you do the conversion. Everyone always talks about how much less RCSB's weigh than RCLB's - but I don't think anyone's really done the math. 200lbs maybe? Depends on other things too, like which fuel cell you go with and all of that. But I doubt it's much more than that, especially if you reinforce the cut frame by boxing it in, plating it, and adding gussets... **** adds up quick.

No doubt you can make a RCSB hook off the line, I was simply stating that keeping it a longbed would make hooking easier. You'll still have to spend money to keep 2,000+ (maybe even 3,000) lbs/tq planted on the ground, but I would bet that you'd have an easier time getting faster et's and trap speeds with a longbed.

The guys that run that stuckeys dodge haven't been racing a 9 second shortbed for as long as they have because it looks cool.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Actually.... The whole purpose of a short bed drag truck is because it makes it easier to get the weight transfer to the rear which in turn makes it hook better. Having 2 extra feet of length makes a huge difference when trying to throw the weight backwards. So honestly keeping it long bed would probably not help him any. 4wd short bed would be pretty cool.

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
I keep hearing 4 link is so hard to set up and get right. Really it's pretty darn easy. Couple trips to the track and a stop at your local race car shop and it's done.*

* assuming your have a race shop that knows what they are doing in the area.

Motostroker

Reaction score
b602256c81707080587bcb88c770e355.jpg
9fbd1e3f997a1eb86035b8dbc6eda4de.jpg

Got a little farther today. Pulling short block out Tuesday. Heads are getting sent out Monday.

who makes a glow plug delete kit?

Im dropping the tank, all hoses associated. Stock lpfp is getting ditched, I'm trying to clean up the frame and make it pleasing to the eye. Fuel cell is on the way along with a a1000 and filter bases.

PTM on the front bumper, roll pan, and grill is getting taken care of next week.

Shoutout to Steve for helping me so much with this build! Top notch dude to work with. He's involved a good bit with it.

Josh@ Darkhorse is helping me along the way also, assembly of the short block will be taken care by him. Along with a little fabrication to massage all these parts together. I'm buying a diversion 180, and practicing for the piping.

Thanks for yalls patience with this, it's taking a little longer then planned but I'm getting it done slowly but surely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

webb06

Reaction score
b602256c81707080587bcb88c770e355.jpg
9fbd1e3f997a1eb86035b8dbc6eda4de.jpg

Got a little farther today. Pulling short block out Tuesday. Heads are getting sent out Monday.

who makes a glow plug delete kit?

Im dropping the tank, all hoses associated. Stock lpfp is getting ditched, I'm trying to clean up the frame and make it pleasing to the eye. Fuel cell is on the way along with a a1000 and filter bases.

PTM on the front bumper, roll pan, and grill is getting taken care of next week.

Shoutout to Steve for helping me so much with this build! Top notch dude to work with. He's involved a good bit with it.

Josh@ Darkhorse is helping me along the way also, assembly of the short block will be taken care by him. Along with a little fabrication to massage all these parts together. I'm buying a diversion 180, and practicing for the piping.

Thanks for yalls patience with this, it's taking a little longer then planned but I'm getting it done slowly but surely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why isn't the cab off?

powerstroked08

Reaction score
I keep hearing 4 link is so hard to set up and get right. Really it's pretty darn easy. Couple trips to the track and a stop at your local race car shop and it's done.*

* assuming your have a race shop that knows what they are doing in the area.

In the dirt cars there is a baseline and you go from there for each track/driving style. But once you got the hang of it the car was bad fast. Again that was on dirt but its the same concept, minus having to account for rear steer and wedge(to account for weight transfer from left rear to right front and then from left front to right rear).

Latest posts

Members online