Looking at a project

vcassens

Reaction score
Any reason to not make it a common rail? seams like a good time to do it since your having one off heads made lol

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

kdogg85

Reaction score
If the idea I've been given will work, the common rails are gonna have a wake up call big time. LOL. Just have to see if the control system will work.

TooMuch03

Reaction score
They are on a few competition trucks right now. I know one that ran all last season. I have a set on the shelf I will be doing an engine with. I know chad@edp (who sold me the ones I have) and the whole back story. I also know the ones that Aaron has and what he told me they were going on. I also know other who have them on and are currently doing builds with. Yes there were some issues that have since been corrected. Yes they are aluminum. Chad is going to a cast version now with a different company and west is still doing the multi layered heads that are advertised.

Why would anyone want them?

TURBO LIMITED FUEL ONLY COMPETITION.

You cannot support 12-1600 hp on fuel with a single, inducer limited turbo class.

People spend $100k on top pulling and drag trucks, that is what these heads are for.

It's not for the everyday joe blow. Why would you need them anyway. 1000hp on fuel with compounds is capable and more with spray (mainly 6.4's). Competition heads are for the ones who have maxed everything else out and don't have another option.

They bolt right on. The only modifications you need are valve reliefs to match the heads and cam. And the whole rest of the engine to handle the power these are capable of.

Mine flow 320cfm @ 600 lift

My stock ported flow around 200cfm in comparison.

Are they a longevity head? NO.

Are they built to make big hp? Yes.

Is there room for a better design or option out there? Yes.

That's about all I know.

Oh and they are nice and light and shiny if that helps.

Thank you sir!

When I heard you had a set, I was hoping to hear your thoughts on them.

I apologize if I came off as a bit of an azz to some. It's just that all the feedback I have gotten from people who actually own these heads has been positive, and I was tired of hearing the same old story regurgitated over and over.

Sorry kdogg. I think there is no reason not to go with a log rail, for simplicity, especially if you feed it in more than one place.

Keep up the good work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

windrunner408

Reaction score
I know this is a long shot but I figure I'd ask anyways since the conversation of "foundry", "forging/casting", "custom one off parts", etc. is what's being talked about. But has the thought of a casting a new block crossed your mind at all?? I don't say it to be a smart azz but rather to say/ask, why deal with a used OEM block if you're casting new heads, crank, rods, oil rails, etc??

kdogg85

Reaction score
Because a block is 14k from them( minimum estimate) and LSM is 25k for a billet block, that's why I'm not doing that.

Got my rockers on their way, got a pushrod tool. Spent about 3 hours today discussing the heads, the ports are going to be as straight a shot at the valves, from what I saw of the designs. Oh, and the ports are massive compared to the stockers. They are going to have bigger water jackets to help cool the extra space. Got a couple more meetings, then they'll start casting.

Did talk with arp and I'm looking about $1150 for custom studs, not horrible for the 625 steel I guess.

I'm pretty well dead in the water on any engine bay items until then.

windrunner408

Reaction score
Because a block is 14k from them( minimum estimate) and LSM is 25k for a billet block, that's why I'm not doing that.

Got my rockers on their way, got a pushrod tool. Spent about 3 hours today discussing the heads, the ports are going to be as straight a shot at the valves, from what I saw of the designs. Oh, and the ports are massive compared to the stockers. They are going to have bigger water jackets to help cool the extra space. Got a couple more meetings, then they'll start casting.

Did talk with arp and I'm looking about $1150 for custom studs, not horrible for the 625 steel I guess.

I'm pretty well dead in the water on any engine bay items until then.

Got ya. Makes sense. Yea $1150 isn't bad considering that regular 6.0 625s go for about that...

kdogg85

Reaction score
Well, while waiting and laying around, my furnace decides to die on me. The inducer fan dies, replace that, then the gas valve fails, have to order that. The thing was made in 1988 so it's time for a replacement, just hoping this will fix it and make it to spring, when the incentives come around to install one. We are heating the house with 3 space heaters we got, oddly enough, they are working very well considering its low 30's outside.

On top of that, my mother in law had her appendix removed this afternoon, she is fine, even after the meds wore off. The lesson is when it rains, it pours.

Did get the axles out and dismembered a little while ago, for all those miles, they look to be in very good shape. I'm going to blast the housings in the morning and get them ready for powder coat. I'm thinking white since the truck will be jet black, any thoughts?

Latest posts

Members online