Midwest Diesel shop truck gets a little upgrade.

B585Ford

Reaction score
It will be a while before I can afford to add fuel so I am not sure what turbo setup I will ultimately go with, but I really like this kit for ease of working on everything and how clean it is. I am thinking on the atmo side my ultimate setup would be around an 80mm that is a ball bearing turbo. Would something like a GTX3576R or GTX3582R fit?

Reaction score
It will be a while before I can afford to add fuel so I am not sure what turbo setup I will ultimately go with, but I really like this kit for ease of working on everything and how clean it is. I am thinking on the atmo side my ultimate setup would be around an 80mm that is a ball bearing turbo. Would something like a GTX3576R or GTX3582R fit?

Yeah, The mounts will but the piping would have to be modified. We are doing Garrett compounds here in the next month on another truck. See how that goes.

You're saying that it cleans up 100% 6 hole nozzles at 2.3ms?

Yes sir, when the converter locks it builds full boost and it's clean. Surprised the crap out of me.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Yeah, The mounts will but the piping would have to be modified. We are doing Garrett compounds here in the next month on another truck. See how that goes.

Yes sir, when the converter locks it builds full boost and it's clean. Surprised the crap out of me.

Looking forward to hearing how the Garrett compounds work out.

TRUBBS

Reaction score

excited for these, i absolutely LOVE the way garretts scream.
Dmitri's red lb7 gives me wood every time i hear it on the dyno.

i Always said if i were to do Non-factory twins it would have to be two garrets

twitch02x

Reaction score
I noticed in the pics that the oil fill is on driver side with what looks like the mpd billet oil fill. How is this accomplished and why, extra room I'm guessing right.

Reaction score
Has to be moved to the drivers side. Just too much to keep it on the passenger side. It requires swapping valve covers from side to side and an mpd ccv. No reason to make it complicated when there is plenty of room on the other side.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Lots of ways to do it and make it much more convenient with a custom set up or even bigger elite kits with bigger piping. We ordered moroso ccv canisters and welded a tube onto each valve cover. Works great and is what we use as the oil fill.

Attachments

• CAM00101.jpg
    CAM00101.jpg
    852.2 KB · Views: 195

madman1234509

Reaction score
Also, pretty crazy that you don't smoke at all. Makes me think I need to stop procrastinating and get another tuning revision. I don't come close to cleaning up smoke at wide open throttle with with 66/88 setup I have on the performance tune. And I see at least 65-70lbs of boost with 35 out of the atmo

Reaction score
Also, pretty crazy that you don't smoke at all. Makes me think I need to stop procrastinating and get another tuning revision. I don't come close to cleaning up smoke at wide open throttle with with 66/88 setup I have on the performance tune. And I see at least 65-70lbs of boost with 35 out of the atmo

Who tunes are you using? And we are pushing a little more boost out of this setup. When it was only pushing 60 running off spring it smoked more. It still smokes, just cleans 95% up at wot once the converter locks and we get a good load to pull 70 psi.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Gearhead. On the 2nd revision. My biggest issues with the tuning is it still hazes at idle, which I mentioned to him before the revision, and light throttle light load haze getting up to speed, it's slight, but noticeable. I know I need to put heavier springs in my gates to get more adjustment out of the regulator, just haven't gotten around to it. Hoping to keep them closed a bit longer to make more boost. But after talking with you at TS I am definitely putting a smaller hp charger in the truck. Not that it's an issue now. But if I could get more boost, easier down low it'd be perfect. Probably a 62 or 63mm Garrett unit.

Latest posts

Members online