midwest diesel single kit, yay or nay???

B585Ford

Reaction score
I'm currently working in pennsboro, about 25 min west of clarksburg which was why I was asking what part you were from

I work in Clarksburg. Let me know if you are ever down that way again.
Sorry OP, derail over.

BlackPearl6.4

Reaction score
i was hoping to hear from more guys running a single turbo on their 6.4's and see how they liked it...ive read a bunch of other threads and have heard mixed reviews. just want some current opinions, and someone who has been running it on their DD for a few thousand miles to see how its treatin em

Stroked777

Reaction score
It really depends on the direction of your truck. If your gunna dd it I would stay away from a single. A lot of people tried it then went back to compounds. But if your going for performance and you race and pull with your truck I would say do it

BlackPearl6.4

Reaction score
Oh alright. I was headed towards the DD option. And taking it to the track from time to time and just have fun with it overall. This single route seems a bit cheaper then upgraded compounds. At least the jr. High powers I want are expensive, along with all supporting mods to run them. I know I will need similar mods to run a single, but overall compounds just seem a lot more expensive.

BlackPearl6.4

Reaction score
In going to do a billet s367 from htt if I go single. I know someone selling one for a real good price. That should spool fairly quick and make some decent power. What kinda numbers and track times are guys seeing with the single setups anyways?

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
In going to do a billet s367 from htt if I go single. I know someone selling one for a real good price. That should spool fairly quick and make some decent power. What kinda numbers and track times are guys seeing with the single setups anyways?
Just buy it and tell us. Not many/any track times out there yet on stock fuel with a single charger that I know of.

I already gave you my opinion on FB though and the guy the gave me advice about it has already commented in here too. All that's left to do is for you to try it and see how you like it 👍

BlackPearl6.4

Reaction score
Just buy it and tell us. Not many/any track times out there yet on stock fuel with a single charger that I know of.

I already gave you my opinion on FB though and the guy the gave me advice about it has already commented in here too. All that's left to do is for you to try it and see how you like it 👍

Lol yeah I've spoken with that gentlemen as well. And I've heard both good and not so good about single kits, as you would with anything else, some like it and some won't. It's just how it goes. I suppose I'll be the test dummy for y'all lol

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
Lol yeah I've spoken with that gentlemen as well. And I've heard both good and not so good about single kits, as you would with anything else, some like it and some won't. It's just how it goes. I suppose I'll be the test dummy for y'all lol
That would be great! Then we can compare your single to my 75 atmo.

Here is the fastest time I've seen on stock fuel. Mike @ MPD with a 472 ran a 12.1. I bet a charger that big on stock fuel is pretty laggy though
http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49137

Stroked777

Reaction score
The direction I'm going with my truck I'm set on a billet 66. I don't tow much and the area I live is highway and relatively flat. And I do pulls and drag race just about every weekend

BlackPearl6.4

Reaction score
That would be great! Then we can compare your single to my 75 atmo.

Here is the fastest time I've seen on stock fuel. Mike @ MPD with a 472 ran a 12.1. I bet a charger that big on stock fuel is pretty laggy though
http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49137

Yea man! I'm sure you'll rape me in the 1/8. But the 1/4 is where the single is going to shine. Haha however with the right trans tuning I'm sure I can spool it up quick and do decent in the 1/8

BlackPearl6.4

Reaction score
The direction I'm going with my truck I'm set on a billet 66. I don't tow much and the area I live is highway and relatively flat. And I do pulls and drag race just about every weekend

Yea man I'm in Florida. Sea level and NO hills lol. All I tow is a bass boat. And is like to start going to the track more often.

Cknox121

Reaction score
I like the single, even after running the wrong pedestal with the wrong turbo. Anxious to see how it drives with the midwest pedestal. Keep any eye out for a thread in the very near future.

FWIW I will be going back to compounds with upgraded atmo this fall.

BlackPearl6.4

Reaction score
I like the single, even after running the wrong pedestal with the wrong turbo. Anxious to see how it drives with the midwest pedestal. Keep any eye out for a thread in the very near future.

FWIW I will be going back to compounds with upgraded atmo this fall.

Really? Back to compounds? You don't care for the single setup for longevity and daily driving either?

Cknox121

Reaction score
Really? Back to compounds? You don't care for the single setup for longevity and daily driving either?

I enjoy it very much. So much that I feel Im doing more harm then good. AKA-cant keep my foot out of it LOL

I will give a better report within a week.