midwest diesel single kit, yay or nay???

CT9AIX

Reaction score
i needed a muffler for sure! it was obnoxiously loud lol. way louder than any stock style turbo truck with a straight pipe for sure

CT9AIX

Reaction score
got one of those for sale too :) I used it with the single kit and that was it

Stroked777

Reaction score
Someone on here said they used a semi trucks muffler, 48 inches long or so that they picked up and napa on sale for I think they said 60 bucks

97f350stroker

Reaction score
I have to hear a single turbo 6.4 in person to actually hear how "obnoxiously" loud it is lol. The sound alone almost justifies me buying a kit, but then again I've never actually heard one in person. If I didn't need tires I'd probably have Morgan's kit already.

CT9AIX

Reaction score
the semi muffler is a bit of over kill. I picked up a MBRP 30" muffler and it was perfect. my exhaust dumps after the rear axle and is facing the ground, don't know if that added to the echo effect or not which made it so loud

Stroked777

Reaction score
Facing it to the ground does make it louder. Had my 6.0 like that for a bit. I plan on taking my stack off once I get a single and running a full length exhaust. But I would just like to get a few vids for people to show how they sound with a stack. In cab and out

johnp115

Reaction score
Oh boy, wonderful lol. My 6.0 was loud with a straight pipe. If this is much louder I will be ordering a muffler here soon. Haha

I have to hear a single turbo 6.4 in person to actually hear how "obnoxiously" loud it is lol. The sound alone almost justifies me buying a kit, but then again I've never actually heard one in person. If I didn't need tires I'd probably have Morgan's kit already.

LOLLOL

Its loud fellas, its a whole different type of loud than a 6.0..cant really compare it to a one, unless it has a non vgt. A 6.0 straight piped is a smooth loud whistle. Singled 6.4 is a raspy loud sound and crackles at a bunch of different rpms. Definitely some in cab drone at certain rpms and also at idle the truck vibrates kind of like a muscle car

97f350stroker

Reaction score
LOLLOL

Its loud fellas, its a whole different type of loud than a 6.0..cant really compare it to a one, unless it has a non vgt. A 6.0 straight piped is a smooth loud whistle. Singled 6.4 is a raspy loud sound and crackles at a bunch of different rpms. Definitely some in cab drone at certain rpms and also at idle the truck vibrates kind of like a muscle car

Good thing I kept the MagnaFlow muffler I took of my truck then lol. I have to hear one for myself though just to hear it.

Op make sure to post some videos after you get the single on.

Stroked777

Reaction score
Yeah post some up. I particularly wanna see videos just cruising with the windows up in cab, and windows up under heavy throttle. And a few outside videos. Every video I seen has the windows down

CT9AIX

Reaction score
WOT under any conditions it screams like a banshee with you, and all your occupants, being well aware of it lol

CT9AIX

Reaction score
the 367 and 371 whistled like all hell too. the 71 was almost at the point of giving you a headache on the highway if you kept it at that speed where it was higher pitched whistle lol

Stroked777

Reaction score
I'm gunna stick with the billet 66 for now until I build the trans. Then maybe go to a 71. Has anyone tried a 68? They make one right? Though I saw cummins guys running them

johnp115

Reaction score
I'm gunna stick with the billet 66 for now until I build the trans. Then maybe go to a 71. Has anyone tried a 68? They make one right? Though I saw cummins guys running them

I know the 367 is a 67.7 wheel, and i recall a couple people with the 371 say it just needs a little more fuel