Midwest diesel work stock 6.4 build

B585Ford

Reaction score
Just because you only hear the people that had problems, doesn't mean that there weren't thousands out there that we're working fine. We've had really good results considering. But since they have a higher failure rate than stock doesn't mean they are ALL bad.

Not defending Industrial, but you never hear the good things as often as the negative. Goes true for anything.

I thought is was more related to old ones were good cause they used new pumps and then once they had to start using remans, they ch#t to bed. Has that not been your experience?

bigaF250

Reaction score
Just because you only hear the people that had problems, doesn't mean that there weren't thousands out there that we're working fine. We've had really good results considering. But since they have a higher failure rate than stock doesn't mean they are ALL bad.

Not defending Industrial, but you never hear the good things as often as the negative. Goes true for anything.

I hear ya on that. I really wanted to use one of them but can't afford to have it fail. I don't sled pull but there is almost always a trailer chasing my pickup and can't afford to have the truck down but am a cheap ass and don't want to pay for duals

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I think if they could be close to as reliable as stock a lot of people wouldn't buy dual pumps. That being said I understand it's not worth the risk for many people.

Industrials quality with what they were doing was the main problem. I know exactly what they did to gain flow. But the way they did it was not the most predictable. I looked into it as well. But for the money it was going to cost it wouldn't be feasible when it was pretty much the same price as dual pumps.

B585Ford

Reaction score
I think if they could be close to as reliable as stock a lot of people wouldn't buy dual pumps. That being said I understand it's not worth the risk for many people.

Industrials quality with what they were doing was the main problem. I know exactly what they did to gain flow. But the way they did it was not the most predictable. I looked into it as well. But for the money it was going to cost it wouldn't be feasible when it was pretty much the same price as dual pumps.

II reputation for quality has never been great with pumps (be it a Dmax, Cummins, or PS) but it seemed like the early ones did better and I have seen a few people speculate that when they started working with remans is when they started having problems. IDK so that is why I asked. It does seem like the ones that have a catastrophic failure, do so early. In any case, like you said, with the price of these pumps (which IMO is a crap shoot) vs. duals, it is hard to justify the II unless it is necessary for a class limitation. Obviously II knows there is a problem or they wouldn't have pulled them from the market. I believe V2 has also already been pulled already too. Not sure if version 3 has made it to the market.

farmin powerstroke

Reaction score
hu5aryva.jpg

Engine headed to Midwest diesel. It's all apart now and ready for cleaning.

6a5azepu.jpg

Little weight lose for the big girl, still have to take off the over load spring when the Dana 80 goes on

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

B585Ford

Reaction score
hu5aryva.jpg

Engine headed to Midwest diesel. It's all apart now and ready for cleaning.

6a5azepu.jpg

Little weight lose for the big girl, still have to take off the over load spring when the Dana 80 goes on

What weight are you hoping to get it to (not counting the weights you add)?

farmin powerstroke

Reaction score
What weight are you hoping to get it to (not counting the weights you add)?

I'd really like to get it down to 7800 if I can, don't know if that will happen the scales are never the same pull to pull. I did get it down to 8100 on one scale last year so it might be possible.

tmillburg

Reaction score
10-4, sounds like we will have some pstrokes to clean out some of them cully's and illini diesel folks this year

bigaF250

Reaction score
In work stock class what are the payouts? Or is it mainly just for fun? I couldn't see beating on my truck that bad without getting our having the chance to make it back.

farmin powerstroke

Reaction score
In work stock class what are the payouts? Or is it mainly just for fun? I couldn't see beating on my truck that bad without getting our having the chance to make it back.

Some pulls pay descent. Make it back? Hahaha this isn't something to get into if you want to make your money back. Pulling is a hobby, hell this is cheap compared to tractors that take 30 hours of prep time per hook. I've had bad luck with breaking things not everybody has as many problems.

Latest posts

Members online