Mishimoto Releases New Powerstroke Product Line!

Mishimoto

Reaction score
No 6.7 love?

We have yet to perform any R&D on the 6.7, however we cannot wait to get a truck in here for some development. I do not have a time estimate now but as soon as things get rolling I will notify the community.

Each inquiry we get helps shape the priority of our projects so it is great to hear we have some interest in the newer trucks.

Thanks!

Saw this on another forum and looks good!

Thanks!

You guys should look into the intake elbows for the 6.0 and 6.4. It would be a shame to use your polished pipes with the ugly cast elbow

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Another great suggestion thank you! We have discussed this in the past and it is not entirely out of the question. I will speak with a few folks here and see if we can look into this project a bit further.

Do you know if the upper coolant hose you offer for the "1999 - 2000" 7.3 is molded to run BEHIND the belt?

If so, I would advertise that.

If not, make it so and people might buy the thing just for that reason alone.

Our hose follows the OEM route which passes through the belt. This question seems to come up quite often so we may have to modify the product page to list this in the tech specs section.

I imagine the hose passing through the belt creates some additional labor time for belts replacement. Any other reasons the stock routing is unfavorable? Perhaps the possibility that the belt will damage the hose?

Thanks
-John

7.3 Whitey

Reaction score
The reason I went to an around the belt is: You don't lose (hot, steaming, messy) coolant swapping belts on the side of the road. And even in the driveway, coolant stays hot for a while. I can swap a belt sooner than the coolant gets to a tolerable temperature with an around hose.
I was also taking a 25hr drive halfway across the country with everything I owned behind me.

I have a preference for it, I also have a coolant filter kit that goes the same route.

I don't think it matters to everyone.

If you would've released this news a couple months ago, I would've bought blue (around the belt) hoses...

Last edited:

JMart

Reaction score
Im not going to lie, when I first heard of Mishimoto I thought it was some cheap import crap. I never really looked into them before now. Thanks for sharing the info about the company. It straightened me out. I will be considering a few of your products when it is time to upgrade. You have some really nice looking products for a decent price.

7.3 Whitey

Reaction score
Hey man, these hoses stand up to a lot of heat from a little motor.
Example:had to tow a coworker home three times in a week. Magically blowing radiator hoses on a Honda civic ek with a built B16, and a precision turbo. Swapped for Mishimotos, hasn't had one blow.
Name sounds foreign or not, a good product is exactly that.

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
That looks like a FARO arm. Who makes it? I run a FARO lazer tracker for the company I work for. Those machines are amazing.

Charles

Reaction score
Our hose follows the OEM route which passes through the belt. This question seems to come up quite often so we may have to modify the product page to list this in the tech specs section.

I imagine the hose passing through the belt creates some additional labor time for belts replacement. Any other reasons the stock routing is unfavorable? Perhaps the possibility that the belt will damage the hose?

Thanks
-John

FYI, the OEM hose route on my 1999 Superduty is not through the belt...

Ever noticed the nice half-circle cast into the accessory bracket right under the alternator? That's where the hose goes OEM. I assure you they didn't cast that in with a spot for a ratchet tie for no reason. Only the later models got the retarded hose through the belt that you have apparently replicated.

I can't personally see a compelling reason to ditch the OEM rubber hoses for something else purely from a materials standpoint. I haven't actually seen one fail since our first powerstroke in 1995. But... if you offered the hose that actually makes sense and goes behind the belt and into the OEM cast in holder in the accessory bracket, I could see people that have the retarded hose through the belt on the later trucks buying the hose from you that goes the smart way for that reason alone.

If you've never swapped a shredded belt on a tow truck and had to dick with scalding coolant, hose clamps that require a rather large set of pliers or some sore fingers then the original Ford hose route location as seen on my 99 probably wouldn't seem important to you.

I was simply throwing it out there. Seemed like an easy thing for you to sell hoses.

Good luck. You seem interested in making quality stuff.

Last edited:

fordfreak4life

Reaction score

Ever noticed the nice half-circle cast into the accessory bracket right under the alternator? That's where the hose goes OEM. I assure you they didn't cast that in with a spot for a ratchet tie for no reason. Only the later models got the retarded hose through the belt that you have apparently replicated.

I can't personally see a compelling reason to ditch the OEM rubber hoses for something else purely from a materials standpoint. I haven't actually seen one fail since our first powerstroke in 1995. But... if you offered the hose that actually makes sense and goes behind the belt and into the OEM cast in holder in the accessory bracket, I could see people that have the retarded hose through the belt on the later trucks buying the hose from you that goes the smart way for that reason alone.

If you've never swapped a shredded belt on a tow truck and had to dick with scalding coolant, hose clamps that require a rather large set of pliers or some sore fingers then the original Ford hose route location as seen on my 99 probably wouldn't seem important to you.

I was simply throwing it out there. Seemed like an easy thing for you to sell hoses.

did some research on this myself Charles, the hose routed around the belt it actually from a dual alternator application but will work on a standard single alternator application, every 7.3 that leaves my shop has the hose that runs around the belt to reduce headaches for the customer down the road

Sent while spinning 18 wheels

Mishimoto

Reaction score
The reason I went to an around the belt is: You don't lose (hot, steaming, messy) coolant swapping belts on the side of the road. And even in the driveway, coolant stays hot for a while. I can swap a belt sooner than the coolant gets to a tolerable temperature with an around hose.
I was also taking a 25hr drive halfway across the country with everything I owned behind me.

I have a preference for it, I also have a coolant filter kit that goes the same route.

I don't think it matters to everyone.

If you would've released this news a couple months ago, I would've bought blue (around the belt) hoses...

Thanks for the information guys! I also noticed that the hose was an option for those models with dual alternators. I certainly see the importance of having the hose run around the belt instead of through. If we can make customers lives easier or solve a common problem then we are all about it.

I will look into this a little further and report back. :thumbup:

Good stuff Guys!!

Thanks!

Im not going to lie, when I first heard of Mishimoto I thought it was some cheap import crap. I never really looked into them before now. Thanks for sharing the info about the company. It straightened me out. I will be considering a few of your products when it is time to upgrade. You have some really nice looking products for a decent price.

Thanks for reading my post and for the compliments. We are really proud of this new diesel line and put a ton of work into each individual item. It will be great to see the feedback here on the forums as members begin using our products.

Hey man, these hoses stand up to a lot of heat from a little motor.
Example:had to tow a coworker home three times in a week. Magically blowing radiator hoses on a Honda civic ek with a built B16, and a precision turbo. Swapped for Mishimotos, hasn't had one blow.
Name sounds foreign or not, a good product is exactly that.

Great to hear your co-worker had success with our hose kit. 3 hoses in a week sounds excessive, perhaps a head gasket issue was adding pressure to the system?

Either way, glad we could help keep another car on the road!

That looks like a FARO arm. Who makes it? I run a FARO lazer tracker for the company I work for. Those machines are amazing.

The arm we use is from Hexagon Metrology Romer Arm. It is a very useful tool that our engineers get to play with. What type of business are you in?

Mishimoto

Reaction score
Today we have a great deal of information and images for the community. We’ll start with our detailed engineering report for the Mishimoto 2003-2007 Powerstroke intercooler. The report includes real-world data and results that you can expect to achieve with the Mishimoto intercooler.

Engineering Report

As you can see the Mishimoto intercooler has a significantly larger core volume which results in lower IATs, lower EGTs and decreases pressure loss compared to the stock cooler.

Feel free to follow up with any questions you have regarding this testing or any of the products we offer. I would be happy to help!

Check out some behind-the-scenes images of our design and engineering processes at Mishimoto, right here in New Castle, Delaware.

2zf4shl.jpg

egwmxi.jpg

ezjs54.jpg

2s8i7t1.jpg

Tomorrow we will present a full engineering report for our new 2008-2010 Powerstroke intercooler!

Thanks!

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
We do mining shovels and draglines. Mostly major overhauls. We use the tracker for the large distances in the machining and alignments of the gear cases.

Mishimoto

Reaction score
What are your new 6.0 intercoolers rated to pressure wise?

One of our vendors is using the 6.0L cooler in their shop project truck and push 100+ PSI with no problem at all. I am interested in your setup, what kind of boost pressure do you plan to run?

We do mining shovels and draglines. Mostly major overhauls. We use the tracker for the large distances in the machining and alignments of the gear cases.

Very neat!

That looks real good and just in time for my turbo upgrade! I'll be in touch real soon :)

Great I would be happy to help out if you have any questions.

Maybe we can get some sort of group buy going on here or something like that?

I don't think we had plans for a group buy but I can speak with a few folks here and see if we would be interested.

We do have a sponsorship program. Shoot me a PM if you would be interested!

Thanks for all of the inquiries. :thumbup:

HOOV3R

Reaction score
One of our vendors is using the 6.0L cooler in their shop project truck and push 100+ PSI with no problem at all. I am interested in your setup, what kind of boost pressure do you plan to run?

I'm not exactly sure, since I am currently undecided on my plans. If it can handle 100+, it'll do what I need.

Charles

Reaction score
did some research on this myself Charles, the hose routed around the belt it actually from a dual alternator application but will work on a standard single alternator application, every 7.3 that leaves my shop has the hose that runs around the belt to reduce headaches for the customer down the road

Sent while spinning 18 wheels

It isn't some special purpose deal. Bone stock, run-of-the-mill trucks all got the hose routed behind the belt, into the factory cast accessory bracket holder up until the later models.

My truck is not dual alternator or anything special. It's an XLT, and the OEM hose runs behind the belt, through the factory cast aluminum bracket with the factory "zip-tie" around the end of the bracket to hold the hose in place.

It's not anything special. If you popped the hood on every 7.3L truck on the lot back in 1998 you could have seen as many as you wanted.

I have no idea why they re-routed that hose through the belt later. But behind the belt was the default route that was later changed to the through the belt route. Behind the belt wasn't special, it was standard.

I used to worry if my hose ever wore out I'd have to run one of the retarded ones through the belt since it superseded the original part number of my hose.

Does anyone know what benefit running your hose through your belt route has? Did they save 4 cents on hose length or what?

Latest posts

Members online