Mishimoto Releases New Powerstroke Product Line!

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
I should have worded that differently, according to ford's parts system that style of hose is purposed for a dual alternator application, and yes it will work on all of them

Sent while spinning 18 wheels

Mishimoto

Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure, since I am currently undecided on my plans. If it can handle 100+, it'll do what I need.

Should work very well for you! Let me know if I can help with anything.

might want to edit the transmission gear numbers. It's a 5 speed, not a 6.

What page/product are you referring to?

Need one of these coolers on mine! the stock one doesn't love 50psi with my 72

I'm kind of surprised you still have end tanks on there LOL.

So am I LOL LOL I still think it is cracked... We'll see because a Mishimoto one will be going on sooner or later

Awesome! :thumbup:

Charles

Reaction score
I should have worded that differently, according to ford's parts system that style of hose is purposed for a dual alternator application, and yes it will work on all of them

When the superduty first came out there was no such thing as the through-the-belt upper hose. They all ran around the side.

Only later did the part get changed, and the old part number superseded.

My only point in responding is to clarify....again.... that the hose like I still have on my 99 is not something you can "make work", or "choose to run" on your 7.3. It is the 100% original, OEM hose ALL of them came with until a break somewhere along the line when someone had a better idea and messed the hose up for unknown reasons. Probably to save a few cents on a couple inches of hose length by skipping through the belt instead of going around.

Not a case of choosing a part for a different application. It is 100% original equipment for trucks prior to the inception of the retarded hose that runs through the belt. Not certain, special trucks... ALL of them. Of course the parts catalog does not reflect this now... the numbers have all been superseded to the retarded hose number...

Just like if you order a hpop reservoir gasket for your 99 you will get the superseded number to the gasket with the metal screen that will shatter your front cover.

Last edited:

strokethis_06

Reaction score
So am I LOL LOL I still think it is cracked... We'll see because a Mishimoto one will be going on sooner or later

I would agree. My 75 is pegging my 60 psi gauge and I blew the passenger side off the intercooler last week.

I am also looking into a mishimoto intercooler.

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
When the superduty first came out there was no such thing as the through-the-belt upper hose. They all ran around the side.

My only point in responding is to clarify....again.... that the hose like I still have on my 99 is not something you can "make work", or "choose to run" on your 7.3. It is the 100% original, OEM hose ALL of them came with until a break somewhere along the line when someone had a better idea and messed the hose up for unknown reasons. Probably to save a few cents on a couple inches of hose length by skipping through the belt instead of going around.

Not a case of choosing a part for a different application. It is 100% original equipment for trucks prior to the inception of the retarded hose that runs through the belt. Not certain, special trucks... ALL of them. Of course the parts catalog does not reflect this now... the numbers have all been superseded to the retarded hose number...

Just like if you order a hpop reservoir gasket for your 99 you will get the superseded number to the gasket with the metal screen that will shatter your front cover.

I'm not arguing with your infinite knowledge Charles so shut the *** up and read What I typed

Charles

Reaction score
I'm not arguing with your infinite knowledge Charles so shut the *** up and read What I typed

Yeah, about 3 times you typed how it COULD work.... and how it was meant for a DUAL ALTERNATOR engine, but COULD be used on any truck...

That would be a SPECIAL case like using an AC delete bracket on a truck that originally came with AC by ordering the bracket for a non-AC truck and placing it on a truck in place of the original compressor.

That is NOT what is happening with the upper radiator hose that runs behind the belt. That was the ONLY G'DAMN hose they came with until the hose route was changed and the part number with it LATER! You stupid ***ing parts catalog only reflects the SUBSEQUENT part number and you're stupid ***ing brain can't comprehend the fact that NOW.... it's listed as a dual alternator setup, but when the superduty came out ALLLLLLLLL of them had the upper hose that actually makes sense.

You have 2 or 3 times now made statements reflecting the fact that the hose behind the belt would NOT be the original hose found on a normal, single alternator truck.

And it IS the original hose found on them before the hose changed. And you can't get this.

As soon as you read this and comprehend that you have CONTINUALLY made statements reflecting that the behind the belt hose is a SPECIAL CASE, and that I have tried my damndest to help you understand the fact that only NOW is that the case, and that the behind the belt hose was 100% OEM for ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL of them up until the later models, PLEASE, have a mod delete yours and my posts out of this guy's ***ing thread so he can maybe sell some G'damn hoses and stuff without a 10 post saga trying to get an idiot to understand something in the middle of his thread!

Last edited:

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score

How much "later" are you talking Charles? My 99 came with a through the belt hose.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
Yeah, about 3 times you typed how it COULD work.... and how it was meant for a DUAL ALTERNATOR engine, but COULD be used on any truck...

That would be a SPECIAL case like using an AC delete bracket on a truck that originally came with AC by ordering the bracket for a non-AC truck and placing it on a truck in place of the original compressor.

That is NOT what is happening with the upper radiator hose that runs behind the belt. That was the ONLY G'DAMN hose they came with until the hose route was changed and the part number with it LATER! You stupid ***ing parts catalog only reflects the SUBSEQUENT part number and you're stupid ***ing brain can't comprehend the fact that NOW.... it's listed as a dual alternator setup, but when the superduty came out ALLLLLLLLL of them had the upper hose that actually makes sense.

You have 2 or 3 times now made statements reflecting the fact that the hose behind the belt would NOT be the original hose found on a normal, single alternator truck.

And it IS the original hose found on them before the hose changed. And you can't get this.

As soon as you read this and comprehend that you have CONTINUALLY made statements reflecting that the behind the belt hose is a SPECIAL CASE, and that I have tried my damndest to help you understand the fact that only NOW is that the case, and that the behind the belt hose was 100% OEM for ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL of them up until the later models, PLEASE, have a mod delete yours and my posts out of this guy's ***ing thread so he can maybe sell some G'damn hoses and stuff without a 10 post saga trying to get an idiot to understand something in the middle of his thread!
whatever Charles, you can say with. we you want I'm not arguing with your dumbass anymore, I worded my posts that way so if someone went to ford to buy one they could find it, a replacement hose for a single alternator application NOW goes through the belt, if you don't like it then make ford change the description in the parts fish you arrogant prick

Charles

Reaction score
How much "later" are you talking Charles? My 99 came with a through the belt hose.

Probably the "late 99" break. All of our 2000's have the dumb hose. Dad's late 99 has it as well.

Charles

Reaction score
whatever Charles, you can say with. we you want I'm not arguing with your dumbass anymore, I worded my posts that way so if someone went to ford to buy one they could find it, a replacement hose for a single alternator application NOW goes through the belt, if you don't like it then make ford change the description in the parts fish you arrogant prick

No, the way you worded your posts stated that the hose behind the belt was for a dual alternator application.... but that you could "make it work" on standard equipped trucks, when the reality is that the hose was standard on all of them at one point, not some specialty hose for ambulances or something.

Point being.... it's not some special hose, for some special case that you can choose to put on a differently equipped truck if you want. It was 100% ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT.

Seeing as how the mishimoto guy responded to my question about the hose routing by saying they routed their hose in the OEM location, it's pretty damn important to clarify that behind the belt IS the OEM location!

And here you go time and time again about how it was for some dual alternator sh*t, but could be "made to work" on others...

People don't buy things under the understanding that they can "make them work" on their truck, but it wasn't actually intended for that application when they want an OEM perfect fit part for THEIR application.

What you keeeeeeeept on with was saying again and again and again that the G'damn part was not OEM on their application. WRONG! It's F'ing OEM on SINGLE ALTERNATOR applications. That makes a huge ass difference to someone deciding whether or not to buy an aftermarket part especially. Nobody wants to finger *** some pos part to try and "make it work" on their truck when they can just buy the right one! What you kept on with was making it seem like the behind-the-belt hose would be in that category. Maybe a perfect fit.... maybe not... So thanks for that. I guess you may never understand the difference...

For instance.... I could take the "single alternator hose" in your precious parts catalog and on my 1999 superduty it would NOT be the OEM hose routing!!! But I could..... (clears throat) "make it work".....

:rolleyes:

Charles

Reaction score
I can't express how f'ing sorry I am for ever suggesting that he make the hose route the better of the two OEM options so he might still sell hoses to people who don't give a sh*t about silicone radiator hoses, but would like their belt to actually be serviceable!

Would the first Mod that comes across this pathetic sh*t please clean this guy's thread up so he can go on about his way.

Thanks.

Last edited:

fordfreak4life

Reaction score

reread this post Charles, read slowly so you don't miss exactly what I said

Charles

Reaction score
reread this post Charles, read slowly so you don't miss exactly what I said

It's not rocket science bud.

Your premises:

1. The belt is intended for a dual alternator equipped vehicle.

2. It can be made to work on other applications.

See how that is NOT the same as the hose being intended FOR single alternator applications?

That hose was OEM for single alternator applications as well. It's a huge ass difference between making a part intended for another application work on your engine, vs using a part originally intended for your engine. Your statement above explicitly states that the part is NOT intended for use on a single alternator engine. When it is....

On my early 99 the fact is, that the part number your catalog says is the intended hose is actually NOT the intended hose for that engine, and would NOT match my OEM hose!

Both locations are OEM routing, FOR single alternator engines. It's becoming almost hilarity at this point that I seemingly cannot convey this distinction, or the importance of it for a potential parts buyer.

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
It's not rocket science bud.

Your premises:

1. The belt is intended for a dual alternator equipped vehicle.

2. It can be made to work on other applications.

See how that is NOT the same as the hose being intended FOR single alternator applications?

That hose was OEM for single alternator applications as well. It's a huge ass difference between making a part intended for another application work on your engine, vs using a part originally intended for your engine. Your statement above explicitly states that the part is NOT intended for use on a single alternator engine. When it is....

On my early 99 the fact is, that the part number your catalog says is the intended hose is actually NOT the intended hose for that engine, and would NOT match my OEM hose!

Both locations are OEM routing, FOR single alternator engines. It's becoming almost hilarity at this point that I seemingly cannot convey this distinction, or the importance of it for a potential parts buyer.

it says ACCORDING TO FORDS COMPUTER SYSTEM, you don't have to make it work, it's a direct replacement for the through-the-belt hose... I'll post this for the third time, I had an e99 come in the shop with this hose setup and also a 2001, neither were dual alt and neither required modification to run it.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
If you go to Ford, and ask for a replacement upper radiator hose, and want the hose that wraps around the belt, you have to tell Ford you want the "dual alternator" hose. And yes Charles, both hoses are OEM.

Mishimoto

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Today we have another engineering report available. This one is for the Mishimoto 2008-2010 Powerstroke Intercooler. Check it out!

Engineering Report

As you can see the Mishimoto core is 18% thicker and 20% larger in volume compared to the stock cooler. The Mishimoto cooler averaged 9-10% lower IAT readings with a peak difference of 25 degrees. This intercooler was tested on a modified truck running 42 psi. The Mishimoto intercooler was able to improve intake temperatures as well as pressure loss which results in a better performing truck!

Feel free to ask any questions about any of our products!

Thanks

Frank_C

Reaction score
Great data! I definitely plan on buying a radiator from you guys for my 6.4L, and probably one of your intercoolers eventually too! Any idea when the radiators will be in stock? I saw a Mishimoto Diesel promotion on DirtyDiesel's Facebook page, but cannot order one when the site says they are out of stock lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.