My 6.7 venture

redwhitenblue

Reaction score
Awesome numbers. Did you measure the delta on the intercooler temperatures? Usually a larger core has more pressure drop, but either way a lower pressure drop should mean lower temperatures and also lower impeller speed which is always a good thing for efficiency. Did I miss the fuel only dyno chart? The spray chart looks like a great powerband.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Awesome numbers. Did you measure the delta on the intercooler temperatures? Usually a larger core has more pressure drop, but either way a lower pressure drop should mean lower temperatures and also lower impeller speed which is always a good thing for efficiency. Did I miss the fuel only dyno chart? The spray chart looks like a great powerband.

the pressure drop across the factory core is 2+ psi , with the no limit its under .5 . and no a larger core does not have a larger pressure drop. its about efficiency, not size.

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I'm pretty happy!

You own any sparkle jeans?

No, I can't afford them.

That's awesome numbers Morgan! Glad to see the 6.7 really starting to show her potential. I think I will have to get in the game soon.

Do it!

I'll post the fuel dyno charts here in a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcain

Reaction score
how much PW you running?

who built your motor? how is it doing (any oil samples yet) ? it'd be nice to know if someone has figured out how to keep rods and bearings in these things at that level now.

swinky

Reaction score
how much PW you running?

who built your motor? how is it doing (any oil samples yet) ? it'd be nice to know if someone has figured out how to keep rods and bearings in these things at that level now.
It hasn't been on the road long enough to say "someone has figure out to keep rods and bearings in it" even if the samples come back good.

That being said I'm sure morgan will have good luck with it.

Reaction score
how much PW you running?

100% larger than stock injectors @1500us

I built it. It's made close to 40 dyno pulls so far. And 6 above 1000hp. Probably 20 or so passes down the strip. So far so good. Changed the oil at 300 miles and haven't looked back since.

It hasn't been on the road long enough to say "someone has figure out to keep rods and bearings in it" even if the samples come back good.

That being said I'm sure morgan will have good luck with it.

I've got maybe 1300 miles on it in the last two months plus all the dyno and track runs mentioned above. I honestly am pretty happy with how well it's taken the abuse so far. I daily drive it on the same tune that went 10.8... Turn down for what? Lol. I honestly don't care if it breaks. After it made 1100+ last night and I got out and started switching jets and the dyno operator looked at me like I was crazy. He said "I though you were going for 1100?" I told him I was but I changed my mind and proceeded to go for more.

swinky

Reaction score
100% larger than stock injectors @1500us

I built it. It's made close to 40 dyno pulls so far. And 6 above 1000hp. Probably 20 or so passes down the strip. So far so good. Changed the oil at 300 miles and haven't looked back since.

I've got maybe 1300 miles on it in the last two months plus all the dyno and track runs mentioned above. I honestly am pretty happy with how well it's taken the abuse so far. I daily drive it on the same tune that went 10.8... Turn down for what? Lol. I honestly don't care if it breaks. After it made 1100+ last night and I got out and started switching jets and the dyno operator looked at me like I was crazy. He said "I though you were going for 1100?" I told him I was but I changed my mind and proceeded to go for more.

That's just awesome man. I can see this thing being a 9 second truck with an s400.

Hell I drilled my jet out at the track because it went 12.03..... Turn down for what was on my mind for sure.

Reaction score
That's just awesome man. I can see this thing being a 9 second truck with an s400.

Hell I drilled my jet out at the track because it went 12.03..... Turn down for what was on my mind for sure.

Honestly it can be a contender for the 9's now, but I can't spray it that hard as we are still progressing with the 6r tuning.

Haha, I hear ya. My solenoids are my limiting factor now. I just can't decide if I should put a bigger one in or just and a third..

swinky

Reaction score
Honestly it can be a contender for the 9's now, but I can't spray it that hard as we are still progressing with the 6r tuning.

Haha, I hear ya. My solenoids are my limiting factor now. I just can't decide if I should put a bigger one in or just and a third..

Third bigger one

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
man, I was sleeping through class on some of these updates! I didn't realize you went ahead and took it to full plaid!

killer numbers

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
After it made 1100+ last night and I got out and started switching jets and the dyno operator looked at me like I was crazy. He said "I though you were going for 1100?" I told him I was but I changed my mind and proceeded to go for more.

thats awesome! way to push the envelope man!! any hiccups in your house built trans yet besides tuning?

live life full throttle

Reaction score
man, I was sleeping through class on some of these updates! I didn't realize you went ahead and took it to full plaid!

killer numbers

Thanks man!

thats awesome! way to push the envelope man!! any hiccups in your house built trans yet besides tuning?

live life full throttle

No hiccups, just keep making more aggressive tuning to hold the power and then make more power and need more aggressive tuning lol. I've pushed the pressures and slip times way further than I ever though they could go. It literally jumps when it shifts. Kinda of extreme but under full power it's barely enough to absorb the power.

What still floors me is that the converter is taking all this. High stall 2500+ rpm launches at the track, 1100hp dyno runs. You would think it would be blowing through it at some point.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Thanks man!

No hiccups, just keep making more aggressive tuning to hold the power and then make more power and need more aggressive tuning lol. I've pushed the pressures and slip times way further than I ever though they could go. It literally jumps when it shifts. Kinda of extreme but under full power it's barely enough to absorb the power.

What still floors me is that the converter is taking all this. High stall 2500+ rpm launches at the track, 1100hp dyno runs. You would think it would be blowing through it at some point.

holy ***... what converter is in it?

live life full throttle

redwhitenblue

Reaction score

Great news about the trans I'll be getting one from you soon.

Have you considered progressive direct port so you can bring it on smoothly after peak torque to carry more power up top without trying to blow the mains off the block?

And to whoever said it intercooler efficiency by definition is measured by delta temps and pressure drop and yes all things equal a larger core = larger pressure drop, I'm not saying that's a bad thing since it only one of the two components of ic efficiency. 1psi pressure drop is great. Would be great to know the t deltas too. I bet they're way better than stock at high boost.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Great news about the trans I'll be getting one from you soon.

Have you considered progressive direct port so you can bring it on smoothly after peak torque to carry more power up top without trying to blow the mains off the block?

And to whoever said it intercooler efficiency by definition is measured by delta temps and pressure drop and yes all things equal a larger core = larger pressure drop, I'm not saying that's a bad thing since it only one of the two components of ic efficiency. 1psi pressure drop is great. Would be great to know the t deltas too. I bet they're way better than stock at high boost.

Awesome, let me know when your ready!

I have a dual stage progressive kit with a controller on it now.

A larger core that has the same flow rating will have more pressure drop. But a core that is larger and higher flowing will still provide cooling and better pressure drop.

Fwiw, the deltas for temperature are about the same in and out. You have to remember that the coolant flowing through it is thermostatically controlled to keep a certain temperature. But the fact that it gains flow and doesn't seem to loose efficiency is great!

redwhitenblue

Reaction score
Awesome, let me know when your ready!

I have a dual stage progressive kit with a controller on it now.

A larger core that has the same flow rating will have more pressure drop. But a core that is larger and higher flowing will still provide cooling and better pressure drop.

Fwiw, the deltas for temperature are about the same in and out. You have to remember that the coolant flowing through it is thermostatically controlled to keep a certain temperature. But the fact that it gains flow and doesn't seem to loose efficiency is great!

:rockon: Exactly and you pointed out the next improvement we can attempt to make to the system with the exchanger side of things.

Either way, I'm just excited about the trans, mine's lazy going into reverse already so it's gonna be that and a 61 or 64 whichever you suggest.

Congrats again. Lots of balls to spray that much, thanks for pushing your truck so we don't have to blow up ours finding the limits.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
:rockon: Exactly and you pointed out the next improvement we can attempt to make to the system with the exchanger side of things.

Either way, I'm just excited about the trans, mine's lazy going into reverse already so it's gonna be that and a 61 or 64 whichever you suggest.

Congrats again. Lots of balls to spray that much, thanks for pushing your truck so we don't have to blow up ours finding the limits.

we've already started exploring options using the existing DEF tank and ice water.

dseitler

Reaction score
It's been hard to keep up with this with my regular job being so busy. #cranelife. Great build and awesome job with the numbers and all the hard work. To be able to put those numbers down on a daily driver is incredible.

Latest posts

Members online