My build-Hard work pays off!

How far to go when the cab is pulled the first time

• Total voters

RSK

Reaction score
I would wait on pistons until you know bore size.

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

Stock bore. my truck runs perfect right now and will be getting torn down pretty shortly maybe in a month. It literally needs nothing right now, doesn't tick or do anything, just starts everytime no matter what and runs its azz off.

Cknox121

Reaction score
Stock bore. my truck runs perfect right now and will be getting torn down pretty shortly maybe in a month. It literally needs nothing right now, doesn't tick or do anything, just starts everytime no matter what and runs its azz off.

Mine ran perfect as well. Still needed bored .30 over.

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

RSK

Reaction score
I guess I'll wait even though i can get brand new fly cut coated mahle hd pistons for 700 plus a set of 4400 springs... oh well.

Cknox121

Reaction score
If you can buy for a great deal then do it, just saying, I've seen at least 4 people by standard bore pistons and end up having to bore larger myself included.

B585Ford

Reaction score
I can't imagine you won't be able to cover that price by selling if it turns out you don't need them....I think I would buy them now for that price.

RSK

Reaction score
well I should have some midwest 60% nozzles on the way, my buddy has a good used k16 i plan to get tested before putting it on that i can pick up whenever i want. so i still need hd push rods, valve springs and some head studs and an upper gasket set then I can have the engine parts/ turbo's put on, unless I actually go through with a single turbo which i'm not really too sure on. they sound badass hands down, obviously i know towing with a big single is very possible because I have done it before. i'm just not sure how quick a nice s472 will spool up even with a .90 housing on it. And my converter has started to slip, a half throttle pull will cause it to slip a few hundred rpms and i detuned my truck to gear head hot street about 4 weeks ago. so looks like my trans will be getting some suncoast parts in the future but for now just gonna cease any towing with it and use my 7.3 for work purposes like i should be doing.

RSK

Reaction score
Well i lost over drive tonight coming back from nj and the wrench light came on and it slips backing it up on flat ground, so i'm guessing rebuild time for the trans isn't too far away, still shifts perfect, just no od or lock up, and trans fluid level is perfect but does smell burnt

RSK

Reaction score
I'm not quite ready to order everything yet, soon though i have close to 50 yards of mulch to spread then i'll have my trans money in place.

RSK

Reaction score
So this is what my trans parts is looking like, aermet billet input, billet intermediate, suncoast competion rebuild kit with gpz raybestos clutches, billet low reverse hub, billet overdrive planetary, billet flex plate and hd forward drum. Also buying a brand new trans cooler from sunrise ford. Probably all new solenoids as well. Does it look like i'm missing anything?

sootie

Reaction score
So this is what my trans parts is looking like, aermet billet input, billet intermediate, suncoast competion rebuild kit with gpz raybestos clutches, billet low reverse hub, billet overdrive planetary, billet flex plate and hd forward drum. Also buying a brand new trans cooler from sunrise ford. Probably all new solenoids as well. Does it look like i'm missing anything?

that list is great.

new valve body/solenoid pack. most builders will say reuse but the good guys wont.

you will also be missing the proprietary pump work that a lot of builders do which is crucial in the longevity of the trans.

RSK

Reaction score
Is it possible to have one of the "good" builders do this pump work and send me the pump so i can bring it to my trans builder? I plan on the new solenoid pack. But a new valvebody is good idea as well?

ncollins64

Reaction score
Save money in the long run and buy a trans ready to roll from Morgan. Built with all new parts with an awesome warranty. Don't know what your warranty would be from your builder but it may be something to think about.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Save money in the long run and buy a trans ready to roll from Morgan. Built with all new parts with an awesome warranty. Don't know what your warranty would be from your builder but it may be something to think about.

That's definitely something to consider or better yet, swap to ZF6. :hammer::hammer:

Before anyone gets their panties in a bunch, I am joking.